This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bzboardz View Post
    would the asphalt smell during hot days?
    I've heard of some people saying they smelled it for maybe a day or so, but just out of curiosity, I put my heat gun to a small chunk that I cut off, and got it good and hot, almost to the point of melting, and hardly smelled a thing.

Comment

washed. gassed. drove her hard.

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
      Sounds like you need a massage.
      Originally posted by kpeng
      Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

inspection 1.
        [PAKSIW]
        20D .........
        vmwerks :up:
        ryan gmw :up:

Comment

Got the majority of the work done on building a wood roof rack basket. then strapped a bunch of silly things on it and took pictures.

Comment

Got the exhaust fixed after both hangers broke, (really embarrassing by the way to have your exhaust fall off and drag it for almost block in the middle of town). New tip as well, sounds as little now.
            sigpic
            85 swartz/metallic 325E
            84 alpine 325E
            85 zinnoberot 318i/R.I.P
            84 Bronzit 318i/sold
            purchase feed back here=http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...82#post3535282

Comment

Originally posted by Joe G View Post
              washed. gassed. drove her hard.
              That's what I do every day.

Except for the first part.

Comment

Installed 11265 Magnaflow muffler!! Real happy with sound :p
                91 318IS :p
                02 330CI ;)
                sigpic

Comment

bought my favorite stock bmw wheels! i dont even care if i cant use them, they are beautiful.

note to craigslist sellers: dont use the phrase "just want to get rid of these", it makes it too easy.

Comment

wideband is hooked up. now to do some logs :)

except in the process my temp gauge and tach died :(
                    anyone know whats up with that? its not the SI board cuz I've replaced the batteries already and everything was working fine till today....
                    Driving:1990 325iS, 2007 335i :devil:
                    past BMWs: 1987 325iS turbo, 1989 325i, 1995 525i, 2000 328CI, 2001 540i, 2008 135i

Comment

Changed my rear trailing arm bushings, made a tool for removing/installing them for $6 from parts from Ace, took about an hour to do all 4. Hoping tomorrow to pull apart and reseal my new 3.73 LSD with my father in law, then once my rear subframe bushings are swapped out, bolt everything back up and get it back in the car.

Comment

Somehow ended up with another 24v today.
                        Didn't have a truck handy so shoved it in the back of the shop van.
                        Honda Odyssey FTW!

Ok, so which one is it going in?
                        I can tell you which one it isn't goin in! :D

So I decided that its going in my ex big brake car.. The one in the middle.
                        To get it over with quickly I loaded my 318's trunk full of various new and used 24v swap parts from my garage.

Theres plenty more inside the car too. :D

Even though this engine came with a trans & LW aluminum flywheel I'm not using either.
                        To keep it quick and simple I'm going with a lightened m20i FW and Getrag 260.

Ran in to one minor snag, one of the allen caphead bolts for the pp was jacked and just got fubar'd the rest of the way when I tried to loosen it.
                        With the tools on hand I had to resort to grinding the head off.

Finished up the day with swapping pans, installing the m20 FW & nice Sachs clutch and pp.
                        Also swapped front springs in the recipient car.

Didn't mount the trans because some noob had jacked a few parts off the engine that i will be replacing tomorrow and I'll need to move the engine around a bit.
                        Plans are to mount the trans and drop the eng & trans into the car by the end of tomorrow.

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

got almost all my wiring done for my 24v motor and put on my motor cover ;)
                          sigpic
                          ^Back in the game^
                          BUILD THREAD: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=201281
                          FS thread:
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=214105

Comment

So, so, so bummed out. Hey, do you think that this will just buff out? Stupid ice and non-season tires!!!!!!
                            Attached Files

Alpine II 318is

Comment

Changed old fuel filter to a new Bosch unit, seafoamed the engine, flushed the entire cooling system and put new coolant, changed my 318is non-maplight mirror for a newly purchased maplight mirror and installed it correctly, and messed with some stuff under the hood.

Good day.
                              world renown Harry Potter expert
                              sigpic

Comment

Got my rear subframe bushings changed out, finally. Just waiting for a fresh coat of paint to dry after using a torch to burn the old ones out, then I'll bolt the trailing arms back up.

Comment

Working...
                                X