This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gassed up
    -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
    -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
    MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
    Got Drop?? ;-)
    Originally posted by JinormusJ
    But of course
    E30s are know to be notoriously really really really ridiculously good looking

Comment

New arrival ...

M20B28 Turbo

My Build Thread

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=255839

Comment

Just bought mine today and passed smog! :D

Comment

Painted the rear deck black. 25 years of sun fade goneClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343174350.050098.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	7144606
          Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343174362.589044.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	7144607
          '87 325i "Chewey" (RIP, my beloved)
          current:
          '01 e46 325iT "Dot" - #datwagonlife
          '87 e30 325i "Tui" - she has her mother's eyes

Comment

^^^^
            How hard was that??

I want to black mine up soon...

Comment

Had a small leak coming from my valve cover. So today I changed the gasket, and when I opened her up i saw this...

To me it doesn't look too healthy...What do you guys think?
              sigpic
              IcWhatUdidThere

Comment

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
                ^^^^
                How hard was that??

I want to black mine up soon...
                Not hard at all, and it makes such a difference on the look of the interior. I'll have pics of it installed soon.

Easy steps even for an idiot like me:
                -Remove the back seat, ass part first, then back. Back is held down by two bolts on the sides. Once two bolts are removed, slide the back UP and out.
                -Disconnect the third brake light.
                -Shimmy the lid off a little bit so you can reach under and disconnect the speaker wires. You can remove the lid with the speakers still intact.
                -Unbolt the seatbelts so you can pull them through the deck.
                -You should be able to pull the lid out now. Once it's out of the car you can remove the vents, speakers and middle seatbelt holder

I got some fabric spray from a crafts store. Make sure it's fabric spray, any kind should do. Don't lay it on too thick as it'll get all hard n shit.
                '87 325i "Chewey" (RIP, my beloved)
                current:
                '01 e46 325iT "Dot" - #datwagonlife
                '87 e30 325i "Tui" - she has her mother's eyes

Comment

Looks normal to me...

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

fixed my odo with some garagistic gears and soldered some connections on the pcb.

now i know how many miles i did for a trip and my current total. accurately. lol
                    sigpic

Comment

Over the course of three days, I replaced my brake booster. Fucking pain in the ass! I was not working on it constantly. The first day was really only 3 hours, two of which were diagnosing weather I had a vacuum leak in the booster hose, and the third getting the booster free from the fire wall and realizing that it would not come out of the engine very easily. I slept on it and came back the next afternoon to continue working. Got the booster out, put the new booster in and started putting the brake system back together. On the third day I spent about an hour checking my install and bleeding the lines.

If anyone is interested I am selling the old booster as a brake booster delete kit. :p
                      sigpic
                      -----
                      Zinno 87 325iS

Comment

Stripped apart the top end preparing for a head gasket replacement while on the phone with fedex to find where the damn gasket kit was delivered to, only to find out hours later, it was delivered to my neighbors house.

While i was waiting, i put my roof rack basket back together in preparation for a camping trip and the drive to burning man.

ended the night with the head off and ready to clean everything up and put it all back together tomorrow.

Comment

Washed the car.

Then, neighbors turned the sprinklers on it.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Replaced a wheel bearing the other night.

This is what i did to the inner race.

I don't even own this car anymore, but I'm too lazy to change the picture.

Comment

Washed it for the first time. The engine bay is going to take a lot of cleaning. :(

Comment

tore up Redlands city's streets with my cars underside. sheesh freakin horrible roads
                                -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
                                -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
                                MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
                                Got Drop?? ;-)
                                Originally posted by JinormusJ
                                But of course
                                E30s are know to be notoriously really really really ridiculously good looking

Comment

Working...
                                X