Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ordered more parts. Took off passenger side strut housing.
    How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by kuerone View Post
      Finally finished my m20b28 ;-)
      Damn, that is super clean.

Instagram @prsvere88
      Transaction Feedback

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410316285.747339.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	7169395
        Painted my taillights red and clear coated them. They turned out great I think.

Comment

I got my stuck passenger side front axle out by removing my driver side front axle and hammering it out through the driver side through the diff. I also removed my rear main seal housing in preparation for my new rear main seal.

Comment

I replaced front strut and spring. And rebooted the front passenger side axle.

Comment

Installed hood seals (M3 or Evo part?), BOLTED my IS lip spoiler on, converted the ac to 134

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                [ATTACH]88522[/ATTACH]
                Painted my taillights red and clear coated them. They turned out great I think.

Looks Nice! Did you polish these already too?

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk

Instagram @prsvere88
                Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by FL318is View Post
                  Installed hood seals (M3 or Evo part?), BOLTED my IS lip spoiler on, converted the ac to 134

Quick question because I also have my lip mounted as well, by brand new clips. I was wondering how did you go about bolting your lip on?

I also converted my AC and it feels great doesn't lol

Instagram @prsvere88
                  Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by kuerone View Post
                    Finally finished my m20b28 ;-)
                    Looks awesome.

How did you paint or powder coat the throttle body linkage?

Hope you are going to use acorn nuts for the valve cover.
                    I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

Originally posted by Eufonik View Post
                      Quick question because I also have my lip mounted as well, by brand new clips. I was wondering how did you go about bolting your lip on?

I also converted my AC and it feels great doesn't lol

I feel rich driving with ac in this Florida rain, heat and hellish humidty.

This is my 3rd IS lip spoiler, hence the bolts. It was a pain in the ass and took some time. Basically I used 4 clips to hold the lip in place. Then i used a marker behind the valence and spoiler. Find the factory holes where the clips mount and use those as a guide/template.

Next remove the spoiler and the remaining clips. At this point you can reposition the clips, and marker the places you didn't mark.

Now remove the spoiler and clips, pilot hole drill the spoiler on the top where you marked. Gather the screw/bolts that BMW uses with hex head and plastic nuts, allen bolts and lock nuts or any combination that works for you. The idea is not to drill a huge hole. There is not much surface material on the top of the spoiler. The "screw hex head" tapped the hole only enough for it to pass through. I used an assortment based on how much room I had to work in. You can have some tight spaces around the center most part.

It is more work than the clips. Took about 3 hours BUT, if some ass wipe wants to steal this one it won't be as easy as "unclipping" the dam thing and walking off. I would rather it get broken then some shit face walk off with it. I used absolutely no clips. All bolted!

Yep, I am a little tired of loosing car parts to people who have no consideration. Time for me to take my calming meds!

PM if you need more info.

Comment

Originally posted by Eufonik View Post
                        Looks Nice! Did you polish these already too?

Not yet. I don't know if I even need to.

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                          Not yet. I don't know if I even need to.

It does look really good though! Good job!

Instagram @prsvere88
                          Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by FL318is View Post
                            I feel rich driving with ac in this Florida rain, heat and hellish humidty.

This is my 3rd IS lip spoiler, hence the bolts. It was a pain in the ass and took some time. Basically I used 4 clips to hold the lip in place. Then i used a marker behind the valence and spoiler. Find the factory holes where the clips mount and use those as a guide/template.

Next remove the spoiler and the remaining clips. At this point you can reposition the clips, and marker the places you didn't mark.

Now remove the spoiler and clips, pilot hole drill the spoiler on the top where you marked. Gather the screw/bolts that BMW uses with hex head and plastic nuts, allen bolts and lock nuts or any combination that works for you. The idea is not to drill a huge hole. There is not much surface material on the top of the spoiler. The "screw hex head" tapped the hole only enough for it to pass through. I used an assortment based on how much room I had to work in. You can have some tight spaces around the center most part.

It is more work than the clips. Took about 3 hours BUT, if some ass wipe wants to steal this one it won't be as easy as "unclipping" the dam thing and walking off. I would rather it get broken then some shit face walk off with it. I used absolutely no clips. All bolted!

Yep, I am a little tired of loosing car parts to people who have no consideration. Time for me to take my calming meds!

PM if you need more info.

Thank you for getting back to my question and telling me your process! I'll definitely come read this once more and give it a shot! Did you happen to take any photos while doing this job?

3hrs is well worth the effort to keep the lips from being easily snagged. When my friend showed me how easy it was to mount and take off, I was shocked!

Instagram @prsvere88
                            Transaction Feedback

Comment

Finally completed the plastic bumper swap on my 88. The rear was done with euro trim last week. When I first received the package of my euro trim, I was given the correct rear pieces, but had the e46 front trim. They had me return and exchange for the correct pieces. Finally got then, but It didn't line up correctly. So I had to shave off the hole inserts for the trim clips to mount correctly. A few filing here and there & finally got the damn pieces in haha.

Instagram @prsvere88
                              Transaction Feedback

Comment

Dropped the Red Baron on vogtland springs and bilstein shocks. 😁

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X