Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked up some parts off of a guy on craigslist and changed the rear shock tower mounts.

Comment

Got her running and finished installing the rear bilsteins. Yay.

Our RestoMod Diary!

El Mustache De La Resistance!

Comment

i need help with a muffler!

i have a 1984 318i e30 and i wanna know whats the best muffler ! was thinking about magnaflow or vibrant! help

Comment

Originally posted by ishy_gift99 View Post
          i have a 1984 318i e30 and i wanna know whats the best muffler ! was thinking about magnaflow or vibrant! help
          I had a magnaflow knock off and that thing was loud and droned. Even with a resonator. My new 2.5inch borla is quieter, but still fairly loud and droney. Granted you're an m10 and I'm m42 but similar things.
          -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
          08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
          318iS, slow build/garage queen...
          '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
          Originally posted by roguetoaster
          Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Noticed that my 327i does have 1.3 ecu but there are a few unplugged wires i noticed :(
            1986 LTW M52 (First project 2015- )
            1998 e36 328ic/5 -
            Roundie alpina pig cheek’d (1969)
            1967 2002 parts car
            1994 318iS junked.

Comment

Originally posted by JeLani View Post
              Noticed that my 327i does have 1.3 ecu but there are a few unplugged wires i noticed :(
              Under the hood or in the glove box. If you're talking glove box, that is normal.

If you don't have cruise control, an auto transmission, 13 button clock, etc, there will be unused wires. Even with all those things, there may be unused wires afaik.

Comment

Parking brake shoes and hardware. And adjusted them.
                How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Tore it all apart to replace the rear main seal and front seal on transmission. Then put it back together again.
                  How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

barely reading this now, but yes in the glovebox. thank you.
                    1986 LTW M52 (First project 2015- )
                    1998 e36 328ic/5 -
                    Roundie alpina pig cheek’d (1969)
                    1967 2002 parts car
                    1994 318iS junked.

Comment

RSM's this evening.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Those are nice! Designed to give you more shock travel?
                        Our RestoMod Diary!

El Mustache De La Resistance!

Comment

Installed the Europlate and vacuumed it out for the 3rd time in a week. I hate fall, leaves get tracked everywhere.

also, the girl friend taught me how to use the Cricut in the picture, can make my own stickers and stuff now :devil:
                          1990 325i Cashmere Beige

"I don't like question marks. They're like exclamation points, but think they're fancy because they're curved. I won't tolerate it." -MNChiefsan

Comment

Finally got around to ordering front wheel bearings. They´re not here yet but i decided to speed things up by removing the old ones during the weekend.
                            They literally fell out after i removed the discs.
                            My new E34 525i Sport Limousine Blog
                            http://bmw525isportlimousine.blogspot.com.es/

Comment

What did you do to your E30 today?

Mounted late model under splash guard. I am missing two of the frame mounts so I ended up using 24" heavy duty zip ties around the frame. Now my brake ducts are properly mounted and not floating.

During the last two weeks I replaced the fuel tank and in-tank fuel pump motor, replaced the rear soft brake lines with stainless lines, painted the exhaust, replaced water pump and timing belt, flushed the coolant and replaced it with BMW coolant, adjusted the valves and painted the valve cover.

I also ground off any surface rust and painted on the front subframe and transmission cross members and radiator bracket. I resprayed some of the undercoating as well.

Rotated the tires as well, seems that the steering shimmy was from the rims that are now in the rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by itsonlygeorge; 11-03-2015, 10:13 PM.
                              sigpic
                              1987 325e Lachssilber w/ MarkD chip and late bumpers, Zender EVO spoiler, s3.25 LSD

Originally posted by nando
                              I don't think there's really strong evidence that ZDDP harms cats.

Comment

I put my Mtech II steering wheel on.

Comment

Working...
                                X