Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installed my KAmotors intake. I still need to work on it.

And in the process of replacing fuse box.

I also got it inspected first thing in the morning.
    How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

@rzerob.... what happening with fusebox?
      88 325is. S54, CSL airbox, Motec M800, Motec C127, Motec PDM15, Stoptech STR, MCS 2 way coilovers, Forgeline wheels, Recaro SPA, Eisenmann, Personal, lots of custom.

90 318is. As new OEM+, BBS LM, AST 4210 2 way coilovers, Wilwood SL6R/SL4R, Dynaudio, Recaro Experts

Comment

Originally posted by burkey001 View Post
        @rzerob.... what happening with fusebox?
        On June 24, 2015 I made this post on this thread. Post #5292

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
        This happened yesterday. The unloader relay stuck, which caused a short to power.

What happened was my the wire that powered my un-loader relay some how melted and got stuck to the fuse box so it was constantly running my fan on high. I was on a little bit of a road trip so I didn't notice anything was wrong until I parked my car and my fan was still on high while my keys were in my pocket. I found the melted relays and pulled them. When I got home I pulled apart the fuse box and found the melted wire. So I removed it and all was well again.

About 4 or 5 months later I noticed a few electrical issues I didn't have before, such as when I turned my headlights on it would shut off my OBC and radio temporarily. Then the car sat for the winter. I was in the process of installing an additional puller fan for the AC and when my high speed fan would come on it would kill power to half of my car including headlights, radio, fan, HVAC... So I went about diagnosing it and found the issue in the fuse box.

When the wire melted to the constant hot and melted the relays it also was burning so hot that the solder on the pcb of the fuse box started drip off and actually unsoldered itself. I had an extra fuse box so I just swapped it. I put in a pcb from an 89 because I plan on running ellipsoid head lights and the 89 pcb is made for that.

Here are a couple pics of the damage of the pcb board I replaced. You can see where the solder was melting. There was a puddle of solder at the bottom of my fuse box.

Comment

I replaced my fuse box and started installing my coil-overs and 5 lug with E46 M3 brakes.

Comment

I finished the install of the front coil-overs and E46M3 brakes and 5 lug. I also installed my motorsports wheels studs, bled the brakes, diagnosed and fixed my low beams.

Comment

I installed my rear coil overs, installed my front and rear strut bar, shadow lined the drivers side with SEM over top my faded powder coated trim, installed the hose from the intake to the icv, installed a new purge valve, installed my Seattle circuit fuel correction device(http://www.seattlecircuit.com/), installed my plate filler after I painted it with SEM, and washed it. This was all in the last two days.

Comment

is there any track record of the towers breaking through with that setup on the rears? I'm just thinking the tower was only ever designed for the load of the shock absorber, but now the whole suspension lives on that point now. I much prefer that setup as there would be far less squat.
                Last edited by bangn; 06-28-2016, 07:08 AM.
                Boris - 89 E30 325i
                84- E30 323i

Comment

Rolled my rear fenders and replaced my blown clutch slave cylinder. Fun times...

Comment

Originally posted by bangn View Post
                    is there any track record of the towers breaking through with that setup on the rears? I'm just thinking the tower was only ever designed for the load of the shock absorber, but now the hole suspension lives on that point now. I much prefer that setup as there would be far less squat.
                    These are CAtuned coil overs. I spoke with Igor before buying them he said they would be fine without reinforcement but he would recommend a rear strut bar.

Comment

interesting, thankyou. I agree a rear strutbar would be great piece of mind
                      Boris - 89 E30 325i
                      84- E30 323i

Comment

Finalised the tune of the S54.
                        88 325is. S54, CSL airbox, Motec M800, Motec C127, Motec PDM15, Stoptech STR, MCS 2 way coilovers, Forgeline wheels, Recaro SPA, Eisenmann, Personal, lots of custom.

90 318is. As new OEM+, BBS LM, AST 4210 2 way coilovers, Wilwood SL6R/SL4R, Dynaudio, Recaro Experts

Comment

Saturday night I did my third timing belt and second water pump since 2012. Definitely getting better at it. Last time I had a bitch of a time getting the belt on... This time I used this plastic clamps to hold the tension on the belt... Literally took me about two minutes.

Not sure why people have big issues with aligning the hood... I put the back end of it on the rails, like when you first open it... My buddy made me these studs to line up the brackets, and I get the first bolt in and test the movement. If it slides in nice and opens the same way, I tighten the rest down. I've removed the hood twice now on my own and the reinstall has been great both times.
                          Estoguy
                          1986 BMW 325, Alpenweiss ~ "Elsa"

Need a photographer, come visit my site: http://estoguy.wix.com/unique-perspectives

Comment

Cleaned bird poop of the drivers side window true story
                            If you're not first you're last :nice:
                            1987 325is

Comment

Got some taillight parts and washer fluid reservoir shipped from across the country yay
                              If you're not first you're last :nice:
                              1987 325is

Comment

Working on my paint, panel by panel.....mint!!!Click image for larger version

Name:	20160701_194805.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	7186166
                                Current Cars:
                                2016 PORSCHE GT3 RS
                                2017 FERRARI 488GTB
                                2018 RAPTOR CREW CAB
                                1991 318is SLICKTOP H&R SPRING SEMA CAR
                                1991 318IS SLICKTOP STERLING SILVER
                                1990 325ic BRONZIT/AUTO :)
                                1989 E30 M3 (SOLD AWAITING SHIPPING)