No announcement yet.

Accuracy Automotive (Jparkr) 327is build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gotta peak at the pictures last night, they aren't done being edited yet as my friend Brad took them. Ill probably post them in the MR section since they will be nice. Ill take the unedited ones and post them here.

1987 PRO-3 car /1990 325is (2.7i Concours)

Comment

Got some shit for the car. small update.

New OEM floor mats, these are super rare, as they were an original option.

a new shift knob and tool kit foam, since mine was removed for painting.

pretty much it for now.

Comment

Keep the updates coming :D

Comment

Here is some shit I have done recently, figured I would update.

Here are some 2010 E30 picnic shots:

In my shop, Time to get ready for the 2010 concours

Up and disassembling begins. I had to fix the gap of the rear bumper and also install my sunroof drains.

This is not my idea of clean, and this Amp will be used in my other project:

Gone:

The stock cardboard back in place:

Cleaned the freshly painted trunk:

Ran this wire in a cleaner location:

Had to fix some rust and corrosion in the battery tray. My last batter overcharged and spit acid all over... I didn't notice for a year and a half, Great. Anyways all cleaned up and also installed the sunroof drain:

Re-installed battery shelf and battery:

Trunk Done!

Japandrew would cry:

Fixing chips on the cage:

Pulled the seats to clean then and paint the rails:

Conditioning:

And installed:

316 HVAC installed:

Wheel well cleaning:

Pic as I was leaving the shop:

New wheels installed:

All ready and the X3 is ready too:

Ill have to get some current pictures later

Comment

Whats the M50 going in Parker?

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
              Whats the M50 going in Parker?
              Im making a new DD/Track car. its going to be chestnut metalic with M50nv w/S50 cam grinds and the cage from this car is going into that one, its also going to be green.

Comment

Oh right we were talking about that at the picnic.

Comment

How'd you do at the Concours?
                  Chris
                  90 Corrado/91 M3/01 M5

Comment

Cleanest e30 in the world right there folks, soak it up.

Comment

Dear god, your car is amazing. Great work, I love the attention to every single detail.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                      1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                      1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                      2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

sub'd. your car is soooo clean! I love it man!

Comment

beautifull car!!
                          I have the same mats

Comment

missed this thread. Subscribed.
                            Originally posted by Matt-B
                            hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Outdated update 1 Interior 2011

Due to me trying to run my shop, I have slacked big time on updates.
                              All of these updates were done around May/June/July 2011 The BMWCCA Concours de'Elegance was held on July 24th 2011. That was my deadline.

In 2010 I finished with another second place. It seems no matter how hard I try and clean this thing I always lose to Keith and his beautiful Henna M3.

I had been putting it off, but it was clear to me now that to try and improve the car, my street bar would have to go. The only problem was it was welded in. I would not only need to remove it, but fix all the damage.

Let's begin. I am going to keep commentary semi-light through this

Cutting the welds out:

Out!

What a mess:

We ground all four points down to clean metal. Then primed them with self etching primer:

For the rear wheel arches it was as simple as laying down some body tar and undercoating the underside. This would both protect the area from water and allow for a very permanent and reliable fix.

The floor was a different story. We needed to repair the area and ensure we would have no future issues. The solution was to make a plate to cover the damaged area and permanently protect it. Here is the plate we made:

A little trip to the bender:

Nice fitment:

Now we had our solution. It was time to install it. We used 8115 Panel bonding and rivets to ensure they would be strong and never-ever fail.

Laid in place, drilled some holes for the rivets and began securing:

The hard part was over. We had fixed the damage from the street bar, but I had a lot more to finish if my car was going to be a true restoration. Just looking good on the outside is fine, but I never wanted to have to worry about pulling this interior again. That meant making everything perfect while I was in there this time.

I removed the dash and heater box, yet again. What was under the carpet hadn't been touched since the first construction in 2008. I knew i needed to just finish it

Replaced all the plugs

My buddy Reid and I spent about 2 hours scrubbing the tar residue off with brake clean

Then gave the chassis a nice fresh coat of paint

Next, I put all the wiring back into its factory locations, which took about 3 hours :-x

Back seat area

Luke's reupholstered rear deck, looking sexy:

Quarter panels in:

Choosing which carpet to run. The last carpet obviously had holes in it from the cage.

Not acceptable!

With some mad sewing skills this problem was a thing of the past

Rear seat time!

My heater core was starting to leak so it was time for me to change it out. along with some of the seals. Yuk

New core in and new foam seal on

New Mtech dead pedal thanks to CourtM3!

Heater box and dash back in place:

Finished painting my MPG needle

Modified an early 2 button center conceal for an airbag dash and installed it

That's all for tonight. Ill keep uploading and finishing the update tomorrow!
                              Last edited by Jparkr; 12-11-2011, 02:22 PM.

Comment

* DROOL !! *

I think the ONLY thing that jumped out at me was non-shaved SRS impact sensor brackets..

love, LOVE, LOVE the cleanliness and execution.

can't believe I hadn't seen this thread earlier..
                                -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

Working...
                                X