Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Work Log: Rebirth of the Vert (Red Oktober)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xLibelle View Post
    oekundar, i also ripped out the interior and cleaned... i bought these rolls of vapor barrier, they covered more than what i though so if you want some to cover your doors, PM me ;)
    PM sent...:D
    BMWCCA #389756

Comment

Pictures of rear bumper swapped:

when I get to the front this bad boy is going on as well

happy monday!
      BMWCCA #389756

Comment

coming together, I like... are you going to have the front bumper painted first?
        sigpic
        New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
        %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Subscribed. Excellent work.

Nice to see another tall man in an e30. 6'8" here... an amateur stereo installer too. Isn't under dash work awesome when you're tall?
          "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
          -----------------------------------------
          91 318is Turbo Sold
          87 325 Daily driver Sold
          06 4.8is X5
          06 Mtec X3
          05 4.4i X5 Sold
          92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
          90 325i Sold
          97 328is Sold
          01 323ci Sold
          92 325i Sold
          83 528e Totaled
          98 328i Sold
          93 325i Sold

Comment

I love where you are going with this. I think the black interior with tan seats and the rear panels having the tan speaker covers in there would look nice. Keep it up, can't wait to see what is next

:up:

Comment

Originally posted by ZM Blue Devil View Post
              coming together, I like... are you going to have the front bumper painted first?
              So...I've been thinking about that...i'm leaning towards just mounting it for now, as I will more than likely be having the whole car repainted once complete...I was even going to rustoleum it just so it didn't look so white right now...but thats still up in the air...your thoughts? I meant to call you this weekend...but you know how things go...
              BMWCCA #389756

Comment

Originally posted by Schnitzer318is View Post
                Subscribed. Excellent work.

Nice to see another tall man in an e30. 6'8" here... an amateur stereo installer too. Isn't under dash work awesome when you're tall?
                YIkes....6'8"...I thought I was nuts...glad to see there is another nut like me...floating around in an e30...I've got some pretty big plans for the stereo...we'll see though...with the artic air and nonsense snow we're supposed to get today...who knows what will get done.

Originally posted by BBY1104
                I love where you are going with this. I think the black interior with tan seats and the rear panels having the tan speaker covers in there would look nice. Keep it up, can't wait to see what is next
                Thanks man...not sure if the speaker covers would stay tan...was just a thought...they MAY though....funny enough...I've had a b!tch of a time with the vinyl on the side panels...I'm looking for alternatives....I would say part of my issue is not wanting to spend $200 on vinyl and my lack of experience in upholstery...in any case you will see as it progresses...
                BMWCCA #389756

Comment

More Progress, the front bumper and valence have been removed and here she is nekked...So I was thinking about actually painting the valence blk before mounting it...but the temperature does not lend well to paint as it is just a bit cold....so I'm contemplating leaving it as is for now....My only concern is that WHEN I do get around to polishing/compounding the paint that I will be able to revive it...and may not need to get the car painted....at which time I would have to remove the bumper and paint this...oh well...that seems like the logical solution now...another reason to hate winter :D

Pictures:

In removing the bumper and grills, I find that the driver's side is cracked:

After disassembling the front...I proceede to address the rust problems with this:

I was unable to located POR-15 locally and this looks to address the same issue. I proceeded to coat the inside of the trunk...and the other areas which I removed rust with this:

and that is where is I called it a night...
                  BMWCCA #389756

Comment

All us tall guys in e30's. It's kinda funny. 6'9" here.

Comment

I have extra grills, welcome to them next time you are down...

Not sure on the painting part, my is going in sometime in the next 60 days for a respray, so im not sure on the whole painting thing. Im sure someone will comment with expeerience.
                      ZM
                      sigpic
                      New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
                      %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by ZM Blue Devil View Post
                        I have extra grills, welcome to them next time you are down...

Not sure on the painting part, my is going in sometime in the next 60 days for a respray, so im not sure on the whole painting thing. Im sure someone will comment with expeerience.
                        ZM

Thanks man....I'm going to tackle the white...already started..are you talking complete respray?
                        BMWCCA #389756

Comment

Amazing writeup. Please keep us updated...
                          Recent Rebranding!!
                          Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
                          E30 SM62/S62
                          E30 M60 V8
                          E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
                          Instagram.com/garageaholic
                          Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

Originally posted by oekundar View Post
                            Thanks man....I'm going to tackle the white...already started..are you talking complete respray?
                            Yeap complete respray.
                            sigpic

Levent
                            %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Painted Valence, I ended up using Rustoleum Professional...and it came out great...at least for now:

Soon to be installed....
                              BMWCCA #389756

Comment

Ok...so here is the progress that was made over the weekend.

The stock tow hooks (2 attached to the frame) were cut off, so that I could mount the front valence. Once I got the valence lined up and bolted on, I installed the new bumper (plastic) shocks and the new plastic bumper will be going on this week, but before I need to solder the wires to attach the wires/connectors for the plastic bumper turn signals.

More to come.
                                BMWCCA #389756

Comment

Working...
                                X