Project Vacuum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project Vacuum

This is my journey through the hell hole called a dirty carpet.
    Luckily, I included step-by-step instructions on how to rid yourself of pretzels, doritos, etc etc from your carpet.

Step 1:
    Find Vacuum:

Step 2:
    Good, now you located your vacuum. Now, take it outside, and find your car.

Step 3:
    Now that you have found your car, its important to pull the grills. This is essential for any project to be an actual project.

Step 4:
    Since the grills are now pulled, you need to jack up your car.

Step 5:
    Ok, now that the grills are off and the car is jacked up, you need to take a break from all your hard work, and reflect on what you have already accomplished. I prefer a good beer and some fudge.

Step 6:
    Now that you are refreshed, go find the extension cord. They look like this:

Step 7:
    Plug the extension cord into the outlet. An outlet looks like this:

Step 8:
    Now, plug the vacuum cleaner (refer to step 1) into the extension cord. Refer to the picture if you are having trouble.

Step 9:
    My goodness, you are ready to vacuum!
    Find the offending piece of material.

Step 10:
    Use the vacuum to clean the carpet, using the tube on the side as such:

If you are successful, you will notice your carpet now looks like this:

Step 11:
    Repeat for other side.

Step 12:
    Now that your carpet is clean and devoid of foreign objects, its time to Clean Up.
    Rehang the extension cord:

I would leave the grills off and the car jacked up, since you will no doubt be having to clean the dashboard or windows next. As they say, fixing one part only makes the next weakest link fail.

Oh yea, and suck it!

NASA MidSouth TT Director / GTS2 #018
    Mods: Coastal PS Fluid, 10w40 Oil
    Future Mods: Bosch Micro-Edge Wiper Blades, Painter's Tape, Spark Plugs, Freezer for Nutty Buddys, Adam Nitti CD's

A+ Would view again.
    Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

In step 5 the grills are still on the car. The manual says you will throw a rod if you cut corners like that...

good write up though - I'm always amazed with the technical skill of the members of r3v.
      "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

What brand and length of extension cord?

Originally posted by vlad
        Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

Are you willing to sell just the tails?

-Charlie
          Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
          '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
          FYYFF

Comment

Thank you for another priceless DIY Write-Up. Where would we be without your help?

Comment

Given my expertise and my extensive skill in this field I would recommend a good 25-30 foot cord with three prongs. Make sure you also invest in a couple hooks to hang the cord so that you keep it in top notch condition. Preferably an orange hue is great so you always know where it is and its very hard to lose.

I would like to add to this that the scrub/brush attachment for the vacuum is like an intake on an m20... it helps none and hinders much. Hope this helps before you all go and do this mod.
              Estoril E36 M3/4/5 | Toledo E53 X5 3.0 | LeMans E90 335D M-Sport

Comment

I don't have an extension cord. Can I borrow yours if you're not using it? Thanx.

Originally posted by whysimon
                WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

I need to invest some time into this very effective DIY project, thanks for the great write up!
                  -Erik
                  '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
                  I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

I'm confused about the fudge?
                    Below the radar...

Comment

Can the fudge be out of a box, or need it be "freshly packed"?

And I really think that a video posted on You Tube would be the best way to share this info. Still pictures do not tell the whole story.

For example, the vacuum has wheels - do you wheel it outside, or can you carry it? Is there an advantage to doing it one way or the other?

On that point, that is a nice vacuum. If you decide to part it out, i call dibs on the brush attachment.
                      Current Cars
                      2014 M235i
                      2009 R56 Cooper S
                      1998 M3
                      1997 M3

Comment

THIS SUCKS! Your instruction only work for a two door. WTF are 4-door guys suppose to do????

LAME!
                        Originally posted by Matt-B
                        hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Rob,

Do you play Bicycle or Six Wicket Croquet?
                          Current Cars
                          2014 M235i
                          2009 R56 Cooper S
                          1998 M3
                          1997 M3

Comment

ah so the car is color matched to the vac?

Originally posted by whysimon
                            WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Did that vacuum have a vac motorsports or turner chip? I couldn't tell by the redline.

Comment

Working...
                              X