haha thanks man.

Ill be happy when i have 400 to the wheels. Im completely bored of it
      -Chris

Comment

whats #'s are you at as of now?
        AW 89' 325i Vert - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by So Live View Post
          I got together with a friend of mine at EPL in stratford and tuned ignition on the dyno. Pulled a ton of timing and pulled off a 322WHP and 319wq only spinning to 5500rpm (where it hits the boost fuel cut at 15psi. Fcuk boost creep).
          Haven't changed much, upped the cut to 17psi and hooked up my boost controller to help spool a little and make the boost curve a little more aggressive. Maybe a few more hp but nothing too crazy.
          -Chris

Comment

Wow man, what a crazy build. Don't know how I missed this, especially being from CT. Well done
            1990 Islandgrun 535iM Sedan
            Euro lights + trim | Eibach/Bilstein | BBS RC090 17x8 | EAT Chip | Port + Polish | IE 284 Cam | Built valvetrain

Comment

I say add some water meth injection and start adding in some more timing advance.

Comment

So the other day i was cleaning out the garage and found some timing chain guides that i ordered a while ago and went to put them with all the other parts i have. I found my 3.0 liter s50 crank, complete rebuild kit (top+bottom end gaskets, main + rod bearings, timing chains, timing chain guides, lots of hardware, ARP head studs...) And i thought wtf why am i not using this?

I might buy a set of eagle rods and a set of Wiseco's from Maxpsi and oil pump, and arp main studs and put a motor together...

So should i only build a motor, or get a tig welder, a thick head gasket, and a new turbo (i can probably get a turbo this winter)
                -Chris

Comment

Originally posted by so live View Post
                  so should i only build a motor, or get a tig welder, a thick head gasket, and a new turbo (i can probably get a turbo this winter)

MOTOR MOTOR MOATERRRRR!!!!
                  ima little biased tho...

-------------------------------------------------------
                  DAMN THATS WHAT I WOULD DO!!!

Comment

HAHA why you biased?

I think the motors a better step in the right direction. The thick HG deal just sucks, MLS's leak and your killing the squish area i guess. BUT i can definitely make 400+ whp on a HG and studs. I dont know what to think about MLS, some people love em and some people have nothing but issues.

The motors more of a long term investment where as the HG + turbo would net me some good gains right now. And i can afford a HG right now and the motor would have to wait a few months. Idk if the stock motors gonna last a month or two...
                    -Chris

Comment

Nothing bad happened yet but i ordered my MLS today and wont be driving the car till its in.
                      -Chris

Comment

wow there's a little pressure :)

did you get some studs too?

gasket and studs should hold you over for a bit

600hp beast

Comment

Yessir thats what im thinking. Ill spend the money dialing my system. I think id rather wait and put the motor into a killer setup rather than a killer motor in a ok setup.

So ill do the gasket with studs, i want to redo my charge piping, upgrade the cooling system and maybe hook up some meth but we'll see. Hopefully i can get my hands on a nice turbo too.

I think i need to pick up a winter car soon...
                          -Chris

Comment

Holy crap... I was going to do a turbo m50 swap, but now I don't know. Maybe just s50 it. LOL, either way... one helluva build sir. Much respect.

I'm not looking for those kind of numbers and want a max of 8psi. Does someone affordable ($500ish) tune on stock ECU's or piggybacks for mild boost?
                            "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
                            -----------------------------------------
                            91 318is Turbo Sold
                            87 325 Daily driver Sold
                            06 4.8is X5
                            06 Mtec X3
                            05 4.4i X5 Sold
                            92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
                            90 325i Sold
                            97 328is Sold
                            01 323ci Sold
                            92 325i Sold
                            83 528e Totaled
                            98 328i Sold
                            93 325i Sold

Comment

TRM (the racers market) tunes em for around that maybe 550$ i think. Yeah 8psi will net you some decent gains and you can do that on a 100% stock motor no problem.

Thanks! Yeah its a lot of work but its starting to be well worth it.
                              -Chris

Comment

Awesome... thanks for the response. I actually ran across their site last night. Looks like $650 plus you have to dyno. Well worth it for a tune if you ask me. I'll be going that route, already have the turbo.

Out of curiosity (and I know it's just a guess) what type of RWHP do you think I'll get out of it? I was hoping for around 250 @ 8psi.

Oh and again, awesome build... can't wait to go boost...
                                "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
                                -----------------------------------------
                                91 318is Turbo Sold
                                87 325 Daily driver Sold
                                06 4.8is X5
                                06 Mtec X3
                                05 4.4i X5 Sold
                                92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
                                90 325i Sold
                                97 328is Sold
                                01 323ci Sold
                                92 325i Sold
                                83 528e Totaled