No announcement yet.

The/My 88 M3 antfarm/rustbucket rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So is a tech day needed to get this car finished by M car day? ;)
    Chris
    90 Corrado/91 M3/01 M5

Comment

Looking like some solid progress.

Comment

Originally posted by cramer View Post
        So is a tech day needed to get this car finished by M car day? ;)
        PLEASE!!! that would be SUUUUPER SICK!! i have a box full of every valve train part listed on real oem thats brand new. the pump shims should be here next week.

seriously cramer if you have the free time id be stoked if you could make it down. i dont have much but i could buy your fuel and lunch/dinner. let me know!

Comment

I'm not an engine rebuild expert but I can definitely lend a hand and provide a reference motor ;) Between the Koala CD and factory manual we should be able to get everything where it should be!

So looking at the calendar, we don't much time before the 24th. I may be able to come down on the Sat 23rd. That work for you and Curt? (I'll check my with my schedule maker tonight :D)
          Chris
          90 Corrado/91 M3/01 M5

Comment

23rd works for me. ill have to consult the shop owner and see what he thinks.

Comment

Crap, the 23rd won't work for me (doesn't mean you can't have a tech day though ;)) I am still more then willing to help but it would have to be a weekend after M car day.
              Chris
              90 Corrado/91 M3/01 M5

Comment

shop owner says cool, so whenever works for you. thats ok that its not on the 23rd. gives me more time to get $$ together for oil, coolant etc.

Comment

well.......

uofom3, e30groupie and i turned some wrenchs monday. took the intake plenum off. discovered more cracked rubber lines, a eroding wire harness sheath. due to the overwhelming analness (thats not a word, but screw it) of the other 2 people involved here, i think im gonna pull the motor and do a budget rebuild and clean up on the engine bay and motor. its not what i was planning on doing, but as many times as ive been told of the advantages of this concept, im gonna do it.

my MAIN concern is it makes it to the picnic next year, i want some sort of recognition for this car damn it, lol. so, ill be making more posts with pics as i pull the motor and commence cleaning and rebuilding. ill keep you all updated.

Comment

Good luck with the rebuild! It's a lot easier to work on the timing system on a stand, and pulling an S14 is pretty easy because it's not too long of an engine.

Originally posted by whysimon
                    WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Very cool Jeff, keep us in the loop, and if you and Curt ever need a spare set of hands, give me a ring. I'm looking forward to seeing the car up and running!
                      :wgaf:

PNW BMW Crew ///
                      '93 325iS
                      '99 528iT

Comment

It'll take a little while longer and of course more $, but you'll know the motor is solid when you're done.

I'm just glad to see you sticking with the S14 after all this :)
                        Chris
                        90 Corrado/91 M3/01 M5

Comment

Originally posted by cramer View Post
                          I'm just glad to see you sticking with the S14 after all this :)
                          2.5 build?! :)
                          -Chris

Comment

Originally posted by So Live View Post
                            negative.

Glad you're doing it bro. Should be a good time once we're done.
                            PNW Crew
                            90 m3
                            06 m5

Comment

Originally posted by So Live View Post
                              sorry cant afford it.

hope to basically redo the whole bottom end as its reasonably cheap. have the head inspected and cleaned up and button it all back together with more new gaskets etc. thinking about shaving a bit off the flywheel, basically doing cheap "mods" while its all apart.

itll be pretty cool for me as ive never had a motor with technically zero miles. down the road im hoping for the fiberglass airbox and alpha n. and that will be it motor wise. im stoked and kinda tripping at the same time as ive never got this far into a motor before and im using a S14!! for my first attempt.

Comment

new pics. very close to pulling the motor out and doing a massive cleaning. current motor plans are:
                                -Metric Mechanic 2400 sport kit
                                this includes a new ($2000!!!) head, pistons, rings and head gasket.
                                -rod and main bearings
                                -block cleaned up and rebuilt
                                -cleaned cambox etc.
                                -balance/blueprint injectors
                                -Alpha N MAXX system
                                this plan will put me at 205hp (more with the alpha N) at the motor which im VERY ok with. i want more brakes and suspension then power. anyhoo on to the pics.

the nastyness discovered after UofOM3 pulled the intake plenum. torn wire sheath, FILTHY injectors and cracked hoses everywhere:

cruddy starter

cruddy throttles

E30Groupie choppin nasty, rusted exhaust bolts off the flange

ready for take off

/\ oh snap you can see one of the new "groupie projects" in the background!!

Comment

Working...
                                X