Ultimate budget build.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Danny
    replied
    Thanks alot!

    Leave a comment:


  • 550
    replied
    I keep looking at your living the panda lifestyle thread and god damn your car is the sex. It all flows very well together, and reminds me of my car (flow wise... not make wise) when it is all clean and all.

    Leave a comment:


  • SamE30e
    replied
    Originally posted by Danny
    ^Exactly my plan.

    And drain will be into the drain plug hole.
    Bad idea Danny. It should be at the top of the pan.

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Originally posted by 550
    The nice thing about doing the oil drain plug is that if it doesn't work... you can change it with out any major issue. Once you tap and all that BS then it is tapped until you get a new pan or plug it up. Just a PITA to reverse.
    You hit the nail right on the head.

    If I do start to burn oil its also easy enough to tap the oil pan, but this way if I need to go back to stock its real easy.

    Plus its at a real sharp incline straight down to the oil drain.

    Leave a comment:


  • 550
    replied
    As for the oil drain idea, I don't see a huge issue with it. But something that would worry me is back filing into the oil drain tube. I mean I know gravity is working with you, but it seems it could back fill the tube and possibly cause an excess of oil in the turbo.

    The nice thing about doing the oil drain plug is that if it doesn't work... you can change it with out any major issue. Once you tap and all that BS then it is tapped until you get a new pan or plug it up. Just a PITA to reverse.

    Leave a comment:


  • 550
    replied
    I think with the weight of these cars and handling, that 7-10 psi is going to be a BLAST!

    My buddy is doing the same in his GTi (1991) and he wants like 20 psi... I told him to stick around 10 ish for a while.

    I think you'll be happy :) Your car is sick! BTW.

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber
    I don't think that will work, I think you will need to tap the pan to put a oil outlet tube.


    Maybe I'm wrong.
    Well basically I've been watching alot of M50 guys as far as cooling and oil lines go, and I've read that people that go into the oil drain plug actually burn LESS oil than people who tap.

    The only ones that knock the oil drain idea are ones who haven't tried it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Farbin Kaiber
    replied
    Originally posted by Danny
    ^Exactly my plan.

    And drain will be into the drain plug hole.
    I don't think that will work, I think you will need to tap the pan to put a oil outlet tube.


    Maybe I'm wrong.

    Leave a comment:


  • deutschman
    replied
    this is really cool danny! can't wait to see it! subscribed!

    Leave a comment:


  • e30nub
    replied
    CHYEAH! Can't wait to see it Danny! Keep up the good work!

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    ^Exactly my plan.

    And drain will be into the drain plug hole.

    Leave a comment:


  • SamE30e
    replied
    Pull oil from the filter housing. Tap into it, call it a day.

    Leave a comment:


  • 2002maniac
    replied
    Where do you plan on pulling oil from? Great project btw. Should work out nicely as long as you don't get over zealous with the boost.

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Yes, that is a concern of mine.

    But my buddy who has a Starion (which this turbo came out of) says it pulls hard all the way to the top.

    We'll see.

    Leave a comment:


  • 2002maniac
    replied
    even with 7psi you will probably exeed the flow of that turbo at higher rpm.

    I'd say you need a T3. You should be able to find one in any decent junkyard.

    Leave a comment:

Working...