Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andrew, are you going to be trimming the normal euro bumper plastic trim?

Any plans for the rest of the kit?
    cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
      Andrew, are you going to be trimming the normal euro bumper plastic trim?

Any plans for the rest of the kit?
      Yes on trimming the bumper trim. Eventually I want to get the correct brand new M-technic trim, but they are interchangeable, says the OEM installation manuel. I'd buy the mtech trim now, but i'm shoving all my money towards restoring the front spoiler by Aug 14. which is Monterey (concours)

Oh, and plans are full mtech 1 kit

Comment

Originally posted by Japandrew73 View Post
        Yes on trimming the bumper trim. Eventually I want to get the correct brand new M-technic trim, but they are interchangeable, says the OEM installation manuel. I'd buy the mtech trim now, but i'm shoving all my money towards restoring the front spoiler by Aug 14. which is Monterey (concours)

Oh, and plans are full mtech 1 kit
        You're crimpin my style, dawg*.

* the imaginary style where I'll have a techI kit on my car before 2025 hopefully maybe
        cars beep boop

Comment

If you get that Mtech 1 on before mine I'm going to be pissed lol !
          Nice buy man the car's really coming together. You've got to do something about that m10 though!

R.H.D
          M-technic I club

Comment

Got a big box full of M-tech Front Spoiler mounting parts today. Along with a few other goodies.

This is the e28 moonroof handle. This is what I'll use for my moonroof slider once I get around to buying the headliner panel to retrofit.

This is the final circle spanner wrench. My toolkit is now complete except for the combination pliers. I found out the combination pliers are much like the green screwdrivers. You can order one, but it will come back looking close to the original, but won't quite fit in your toolkit. So I returned my new ones, and bought some mint original ones that are coming in the mail to complete the kit.

Here is the rest of the mounting parts

The little sticker everyone loves

Air Ducts, a bit dusty

The two splash guards. the one on the left was the last one in the world new, also dusty

Tomorrow begins the test fitting and making sure it fits like a glove before it goes to the body shop and paint shop. Pics to follow

Comment

So how much has that toolkit cost you in total?
              Originally posted by z31maniac
              I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

I decided to get a jumpstart on fitment and gave it a go today. If you notice, the clips that are hard to clip into place that usually clip the trim onto the bumper, are now replaced with the thing on the left which also holds the spoiler in place

Same with the license plate trim

Bumper attached to spoiler

Onto car for the next day so I can finish fitment issues tomorrow. Even though it looks horrible and is the wrong color, I think once restored it's going to look awesome

Comment

Man, you're crazy :crazy: (in a good way that is)

1992 BMW 325iC
                  1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                  1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Very nice indeed sir. Are you doing the full kit? or just the front?

S54B32 swap in progress. Status: Getting There

Comment

Originally posted by Japandrew73 View Post
                      I decided to get a jumpstart on fitment and gave it a go today. If you notice, the clips that are hard to clip into place that usually clip the trim onto the bumper, are now replaced with the thing on the left which also holds the spoiler in place

Might have missed something - but is this not the trim piece for a non Tec 1 bumper??
                      1990 Diamond Black E30 320i Touring
                      1994 Jet Black E36 320i

Comment

Originally posted by kdevitt View Post
                        Might have missed something - but is this not the trim piece for a non Tec 1 bumper??
                        Correct. The trim pieces for non-mtech bumpers can be used for the mtech kit, says the OEM Installation PDF I have. I just need to cut a piece of it. Eventually I'm getting the OEM mtech trim pieces, but for now I'm just rushing to get it finished before monterey

Comment

:up:

Comment

I love this thread...
                            e30sport.net
                            '15 Porsche GT3 - 7-speed PDK - Daily Driver
                            '86 325es - s54b32tu - 6-speed - Mtech 1
                            '89 325is - m20b25 - 5-speed - Individual

Comment

Originally posted by BeirBrennerE30 View Post
                              I love this thread...
                              +1 this thread always delivers.

Comment

Originally posted by YAN-3 View Post
                                +1 this thread always delivers.
                                :D Thank you!

I got to work and finished all the fitment issues. Fits like a glove now. I also had my neighbor Paul (owns a 3002ttil) kindly lend me his dremel to cut out the foglight holes. A dremel is the best tool I have ever used. Sooooo practical and multifunctional. I'll cut the other foglight hole tomorrow, snap a pic and then off to the body shop. There will be rapid progress on this spoiler due to its deadline (Aug 12, the day I leave for Monterey).

Comment

Working...
                                X