• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RickSloan View Post
    hate to break it to you but BFH is how its done
    Shit, you broke it to me. I'm fucked..
    :D
    But seriously, the engine is completely dissembled, this project will be done one step at a time. I'll determine the plan of attack when I get there.

Comment

Originally posted by Japandrew73 View Post
      Shit, you broke it to me. I'm fucked..
      :D
      But seriously, the engine is completely dissembled, this project will be done one step at a time. I'll determine the plan of attack when I get there.
      just when i was starting to give you some credit you go back to being a little prick.

The plan of attack will be to hit your fire wall with a big fucking hammer, its not rocket science.

What happened to you having a time limit on this build?

Need Illustration or Design work? www.robbiebyerly.com

Comment

fwiw, I can take any given time estimate for ANY project I work on and multiply it by 3..

.. and still not be done on time. ;)
        -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

just when i was starting to give you some credit you go back to being a little prick.

The plan of attack will be to hit your fire wall with a big fucking hammer, its not rocket science.

What happened to you having a time limit on this build?
          Wow, don't overreact or anything.
          I still have a time limit. As I daily drive my car, the noises coming from the engine are getting louder and louder over time. One day, the noises are going to stop and it will be game over. The plan is to finish the engine, before it's game over. I know for a fact it will be done before Christmas. It all depends how fast I get moving, and starting next week, i'll be moving fast. If you've been reading, i haven't been able to work on it the last two weeks.

fwiw, I can take any given time estimate for ANY project I work on and multiply it by 3..

.. and still not be done on time.
          And that's what differentiates you from me.

Comment

Wow, don't overreact or anything.
            I still have a time limit. As I daily drive my car, the noises coming from the engine are getting louder and louder over time. One day, the noises are going to stop and it will be game over. The plan is to finish the engine, before it's game over. I know for a fact it will be done before Christmas. It all depends how fast I get moving, and starting next week, i'll be moving fast. If you've been reading, i haven't been able to work on it the last two weeks.

And that's what differentiates you from me.
            and then you will experience the curse, and for the differences comments, im pretty sure your org est was 2 weeks or so... so you better multiply y three by now

Comment

Awesome project. Hit that firewall... you won't be upset after it's running.
              '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

and then you will experience the curse, and for the differences comments, im pretty sure your org est was 2 weeks or so... so you better multiply y three by now
                No. I won't. Because I have the willpower and determination to finish projects. I think you need to drop the subject. I can see you were one of the many that said "I will sit back and watch as this swap ceases to happen". It's for people like you that this swap is dedicated to.

Comment

Damn Andrew; You're the one over-reacting.

Look man, you're what 17? 18? Ether way most of us have experiences with mechanical projects such as engine swaps. This is your first... Not everyone is directly calling you out or saying you'll never finish. Most are merely telling you to take your time because there are almost always little hiccups.
                  You always seem to get butt hurt over the little comments people make. That makes most people post more to get a rise out of you. Just take it as constructive feedback or criticism. This isn't cleaning anymore, this is building a car now.
                  Try not to take offense to this.
                  Good Luck! First builds are always fun.

1987 PRO-3 car /1990 325is (2.7i Concours)

Comment

Originally posted by Jparkr View Post
                    This isn't cleaning anymore, this is building a car now.

I love you.

Comment

lol this shit is great. 'i know what im doing, watch as i clean my powersteering pump. man it was dirty'

Originally posted by vlad
                      Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

jparkr is very right, and im not trying to bring you down just trying to keep you from getting too big a head about all this. I have been down the m30 swap road as well as many others and i have finished my project but there was no shortage of bumps in the road

Comment

Pistons could use and will get some cleaning.
                          i can just see you fucking up the cross hatching using a dremel to clean the pistons so they look good on the interwebs.

you should look into getting laid, that might put things into perspective.

Comment

I would replace the sensors for the engine.
                            Bead blasting old sensors with unknown history isn't part of "restoration"... not when they are available brand new.
                            Below the radar...

Comment

Originally posted by UNHCLL View Post
                              I would replace the sensors for the engine.
                              Bead blasting old sensors with unknown history isn't part of "restoration"... not when they are available brand new.
                              but what if theyre superseded?

what then unchill? what then?

Comment

it was all cold tanked

Originally posted by vlad
                                Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

Working...
                                X