Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just think it's funny that you spend hours and hours polishing your pistons (which will make no difference in reliability, performance, or appearance) but don't want to do timing guides, gaskets, rings or bearings. All of which will effect the reliability of the engine. Hours spent on total crap at the sacrifice of real engine rebuilding.

It's great that you're undertaking this project, major props for doing it. But when you have all these gurus telling you to do something, fucking DO IT. It's way more important the polishing your god damn pistons.

Comment

Originally posted by Japandrew73 View Post
      Why are you and half the other people on this board such assholes? Really.

I'd like to continue posting with updates, but comments like these make me want to proceed on in secrecy which is fine by me.
      Well thanks for blessing us with your presence.
      Originally posted by z31maniac
      I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
        I just think it's funny that you spend hours and hours polishing your pistons (which will make no difference in reliability, performance, or appearance) but don't want to do timing guides, gaskets, rings or bearings. All of which will effect the reliability of the engine. Hours spent on total crap at the sacrifice of real engine rebuilding.

It's great that you're undertaking this project, major props for doing it. But when you have all these gurus telling you to do something, fucking DO IT. It's way more important the polishing your god damn pistons.
        This.

Comment

Originally posted by 87e30 View Post
          Well thanks for blessing us with your presence.
          I would rather succumb to the fumes of my running car in the garage than live in a world that ceased to have updates to this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by gazellebeigem3 View Post
            I would rather succumb to the fumes of my running car in the garage than live in a world that ceased to have updates to this thread.
            You are not alone sir, I too want to see 75 pictures of a concours tool kit and world-class shortcutting on an M30 swap.

:D
            - Trey

E90 325i/6 (ZSP, ZPP, ZCW)
            E36 325i sedan
            E30 325i sedan
            Volvo 945T

Comment

this
              [/url]

Team USA Wrestling 67KG
              Team USA Wrestling Strength And Conditioning Coach

Comment

this

Need Illustration or Design work? www.robbiebyerly.com

Comment

Should I say "this" or would it be too suttle?

Comment

i think everyone here greatly appreciates what your doing to your car and what you're doing for the r3v community. we just dont want you forgo the most important pieces of preventative-maintenance especially now that its easier since the motor will not be wedged in that engine bay. "the lazy man always works twice", my mom would always tell me that, why not spend a little more time (and money) and make sure that all the gaskets are replaced -- i would consider doing the crank bearings and piston rings--a full rebuild. yes the PO did this rebuild had less than 50k; i for one would rather be safe than sorry. I think this is one of those times that you don't want to listen to chris farley "I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's ass, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it. "

Do the work now, be meticulous about everything (as you've always been) and please KEEP POSTING!

Comment

Ok Ok already, he took the advice on the timing chain and guides, and given the mileage of the motor, there seems to be no need for rings and bearings at this point.

Not sure what more you guys want from him.
                      turk@gutenparts.com

Originally posted by Janderson
                      Properly placed zip ties will hold bridges together.

Comment

this motor's just for looks right? you don't need to any of that BS.. just clean, paint and polish. so what if it leaks? you can always trailer it to the concours. and keep a box of wipes handy.
                        '12 F30 328i Sport Line
                        '91 SpecE30 #523
                        '00 Ford F-350 Dually Tow Vehicle

BMWCCA #360858 NASA #

Comment

Originally posted by Japandrew73 View Post
                          Why are you and half the other people on this board such assholes? Really.

I'd like to continue posting with updates, but comments like these make me want to proceed on in secrecy which is fine by me.
                          the only reason people continuously poke fun at you, andrew, is because you react like this. i assume trey posted his comment in jest, yet you took it as a personal attack.

now with that said- usually when i am joking with someone, perhaps using mild insults, i am doing so to convey my affection for the person. you may have noticed (or maybe you will over the next few years, as i did from 18-22) that this is how boys/men often show affection for each other, by making fun of one another. that is why r3v appears to be full of a bunch of assholes- because most of us here care about each other, and the way we convey that, especially over the internet, is through this method. girls hug and cuddle with each other, and guys give each other crap all the time.

so relax, realize people aren't attacking you, and learn to laugh at yourself a little bit. it's good for you.

i was going to make a subtle suttle joke, but couldn't think of one.
                          http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

so what you are trying to say is we are nice guys in real life?

Comment

Originally posted by daniel View Post
                              the only reason people continuously poke fun at you, andrew, is because you react like this. i assume trey posted his comment in jest, yet you took it as a personal attack.

now with that said- usually when i am joking with someone, perhaps using mild insults, i am doing so to convey my affection for the person. you may have noticed (or maybe you will over the next few years, as i did from 18-22) that this is how boys/men often show affection for each other, by making fun of one another. that is why r3v appears to be full of a bunch of assholes- because most of us here care about each other, and the way we convey that, especially over the internet, is through this method. girls hug and cuddle with each other, and guys give each other crap all the time.

so relax, realize people aren't attacking you, and learn to laugh at yourself a little bit. it's good for you.

i was going to make a subtle suttle joke, but couldn't think of one.
                              u r ghey

Comment

Originally posted by gazellebeigem3 View Post
                                u r ghey
                                gazellebeigem3 loves daniel!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X