No announcement yet.

My E30 325i. Slowly getting on it's wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recieved a package today. The first I see when I open it is this.

Well. That can come in handy. Espessially when it's a M3 evo 3 steeringwheel further down in the package. :D:D

Also a new embelem for the bonnet.

Comment

Recieved some new parts today.
      The picture speak for it self. Comes from a S50B30.

I have to get a new engine management system to make my plans real. My plan is to run with this intake, 6 tubes and 6 motorcycle airfilters. :)

Comment

Some new parts coming in now.
        I just bought a limited slip differential, 3,73, 188 house. Think tha will fit nicely. New oil and bushing for it, and it will be smug I think. :)
        To bad it's 10-15 degrees below, and I don't have a garage big enough to work on the car.

I also bought a stand alone engine management system. I chose the cheaper megasquirt system.

The performance camshaft is for sale, because I will buy a new one that is better. I think it wil get upgraded valvesprings, valves and rockerarms as well. Get more revs on it! :D

Comment

Those roads are crazy!! In my part of the world a broken white line means pass. Note to self, when in Norway.....!
          Nice work on the car.

Comment

Just got a update from the dealer I'm getting the MegaSquirt system from, and it turns out he can't deliver it.

He got a new offer, and that was to get a kdfi system instead, so that's what I'll be running. :-)

It uses the same sofware as MS so I don't think it will be less good. :-)

Ordered some new parts today.

Complete set of brake pipes + the T-joint
            Wire for the handbrake
            Brakeshields (?) for the rear
            Bushing for the differential
            Oil for the differential
            New pipe from the gastank to the fillinghole.
            Black sideindicators

Now I must wait for the snow to get the hell away, and to have warmer, better weather. :) I just moved out from my mom, and my new garage isn't big enough to work on the car in. That sucks!

Comment

And I just bought theese from platanos in here. ;)
              Hope the shipping time won't take so long. Bet it will look good. :)

Comment

Just bought myself a new interior aswell. :)
                M-tech seats front and back.
                Doorpanels
                Black headliner.

Waaay to go! :D

Comment

Keep it up. Your car looks fantastic.
                  Dean
                  Instagram
                  1987 325isA
                  1987 325i - 383k

Comment

Lucky!!! I want houndstooth sport seats. Love your car man

WTB: early e30 sedan front doors

Comment

The idiot that "sold" the interior turned out to be a swindler. Several other people on the norwegian forum have had the same problem as me. Some have transferred money to him aswell, and not recieving the items.

I said to him that I won't pay that amount of money before it was sendt. After that he cut all contact. I can see that he reads my messages but doesn't answer.

So I've just bought a new set of seats for the front. Reupholstered leather seats from a E30 M3. The rear seats will remain the same as before for now. I'm not in a hurry to get rear seats. :) But if I suddenly find M3 rear seats I will buy them. I asume that M3 rear seats fit in a standard 2-door?

The aren't perfect, but they will do the job! :)

Comment

:D
                        Yellow foglamps coming soon. :)

Last edited by Larsinnj; 01-27-2011, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Picked up the M3 seats yesterday! Can't wait to mount them in the car!
                          I will swap the floormat before they go in, and I have to weld in new mounts for them in the front. The idiot that fitted the seats I have now cut them away, and made another bracket to bolt the cobraseats to.

Comment

Started tearing it down today. I didn't come to far with the engine, since I am missing some tools to do anything more. Hopefully I will get those by tomorrow, and I can continue.

I got the yellow foglamps mounted by the way! :) I think they could have been more yellow, but it's better than nothing. :)

Etremely dirty front bumper, I know. :D

Comment

Hella 550 for the win!! I'm getting some as well; they match my headlights as I did the inside yellow like the fog lights (that is why they don't seem as yellow to you)

To make your fogs match the lights, either spray some yellow on them directly or get some yellow film to go over them. Lamin-x and 3M are some popular choices.

Keep up the good work! :up:
                              Bronzit 4-door Swap Drifting somewhere
                              Cammed B25 Swap Daily Driver
                              Updated 10/1

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
                              Maybe 300 CANADIAN HP, thats like 225 US HP.

Comment

Thanks for the tip! :) Don't think I will do anything about it soon.

I've taken the engine apart again. Just wait for a buddy of mine to make some flanges to make the S50 throttle bodies fit. :D He can weld aluminium, and I can't! ;)

Looks like the S50 are laying towards the exhaust side more that the M20 does, so the intake points down when I lay it against the head. Guess we'll figure out how to make it work! :)

Comment

Working...
                                X