My E30 325i. Slowly getting on it's wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An original intakemanifoil have died! :( But is was for a good cause. :D
    Need to figure out the angle the new intake will have, and cut it a bit more. And i obviously have to make that cut a far in so that the holes are in a perfect line. I hope I can use the factory mounts for the fuel injectors. As far as I can see now I think it will work.

Stay tuned. :)

Comment

nice man. good luck.
      AWD > RWD

Comment

Thanks! :)

I'm away for work right now but I'm going home on friday. I hope I can do some work on it this weekend.

I have to figure out how big the angle must be. When I lay the S50 intake against the head it points almost straight down. So I have to angle the flange the intake will be bolted against upwards.

It turned out to be a bit more work than I had expected but far from impossible! :D

Comment

The intake is on standby for now. I don't have equipment to do more than I already have, so I have to wait for a buddy to help me.

I took out the camshaft today. I'm replacing it with a performance camshaft because of a massive loss of power from 4000 rpm and up. I have read several places that a sharper cam wil make that better. It's not a super sharp cam I have got. It's 280 degrees, so I don't even think I will get that rough idle.

Rockerarms out:

Out, and in correct order:

Camshaft is out aswell:

The reason I had a oilleak. Very bad seal at the front of the camshaft.

Comment

280 degree camshaft bakck in:

Rockers on the exhausside fitted:

Turned the car around and started on the bakside.
            My plan was to replace every brakepipe, but when I got a closer look the ones that is allready there is in good condition so I didn't bother.
            But the differential had to go!

Old vs new:

Didn't go all after my plan. When I was almost finished pressing in the new bushing, the rear lid cracked. A littlet setback, but I went to a local shop, and they welded it together again. :)

Now the new diff is in place! Looking forward to spin on both wheel this summer! :D

I also changed the wires for the handbrake. They were far from good condition.

Comment

Bought a new set of rims today! :D

You'll have to wait to hear what kind, but I can reveal: It wil be win! :D

Comment

Got some pics of the new rims today! :) 8,5 and 10x17 OZ Hartge! :D

The centercaps are missing but I know where to get new ones, so that's not a problem.
                Just have to start looking for M3 hubs and brakes now! :P

Comment

Comment

Got something done this week too.

First of all, I took out the sunroof. It was full of rust, so I removed all the rust and painted it with rustpaint. Nothing showing on the outside.
                    Then I opened the drainpipes from the sunroof. They were full of old dirt.

After that I replaced the floormat. The old one was from a E36, so it didn't fit very well. A buddy scrapped a E30 touring a while ago, so I got the mat from that.

M-seat was also fitted. :)

Old vs new

"New" floormat fitted

Centerconsole in place

M-interior in place

Comment

Looks Great. Seriously Jealous about the wheels!! They are sweeeet!

Comment

This is gonna be great.

Comment

I think so too, Kristian. :)

Cool that you like the wheels! :D I will buy new centercaps, but I won't paint them in that color until I have the wheels on the car. I wan't to see how the colors match first.
                          But I sereously believe that it will be perfect in that color.

Just needs to be a bit lower. Considering coilovers when I rebuild to 5-lug. :)

Comment

My MHW tail-lights finally arrived today. Can't say tha difference is that big from the old ones, but at least theese are original. And I have another set of tails. I will paint them red and see what I like best. :)

Dirty car! :thmsdn5:

Comment

Did some photoshoping today. Found out that yellow and gold doesn't really fit together. It's wasn't a very good shop, but you see how it will be.

I also lowered it, fixed some scratches in the paint and made a silver M5-stripe at the bottom of the front and side skirts.

What's your opinion on the wheels? Keep them as it is, or paint them silver?

Comment

Centercaps for the wheels have been bought, and the center of the wheel itself have been painted. A friend of mine have the lips and he will sand and polish them! :D
                                Can't wait to get these on the car. :p

Comment

Working...
                                X