My alpine e30 'vert project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My alpine e30 'vert project

I acquired the car looking like this, it needed my help pretty bad.

the US spec headlights may as well be candles so out the came and in went smoked eurospecs and HIDs.

at the same time I got some fresh tires for my weaves so I could get rid of the hideous ricer wheels from pep boys.

It rode on the weaves for 4 months while I waited for what I had originally ordered to come in.

Giggidy. . .Giggidy. . .

Out of the box and on the car 16x7 BBS RGFs 12.8 lbs of wholesome goodness. (weigh less with tires than my stock weaves w/tires!)

Can't just go, I have to be able to stop and turn, so I ordered brakes and suspension.

Installed and down she goes!

and a quick pic of it's stable mate.;)

Erik

Nice vert man
    BMW Headlights ::

Comment

love the upgrades ! It needs plastic bumpers and sideskirts or M-tech kit, it would look awesome, any plans for body upgrades?

Comment

e36 325i in the last pic?

both cars look clean

Comment

sweet nice car!
          sigpic

Comment

How does it feel with the coils? Is there a noticeable increase in shakes and squeaks? Ive been considering this but not sure how i would like it. What rates?
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Vert looks great. I thought about RG-F's. They look nice.

Looks like Spastic's E36.

Comment

I love it!

Comment

slut ;)
                  Originally posted by Matt-B
                  hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

love it!
                    Nunzio
                    Creative Director & Professor
                    Twitter

2010 Vespa GTS300 | 2000 323iT Euro | 1991 RRC Hunter | 1987 325is (guten build) | 1983 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas

Comment

Thanks to evaryone for the compliments!

Originally posted by vlad View Post
                      love the upgrades ! It needs plastic bumpers and sideskirts or M-tech kit, it would look awesome, any plans for body upgrades?
                      I have an s52 that is getting supercharged, then it's going into this car.

Then I can work on the body work. I am pondering following your 'verts route with the e30 m3 styling(b/c I love you car) but I haven't made up my mind yet. I will build the car, drive it get the kinks worked out and then send it for paint/body work.(don't worry no diving boards in the future) It is straight and rust free and the interior is near mint, so for now it will be fine with the tired stock paint.

Originally posted by Wishno87 View Post
                      How does it feel with the coils? Is there a noticeable increase in shakes and squeaks? Ive been considering this but not sure how i would like it. What rates?
                      I've only had the coils on a few days and the clutch decided to go out, I'll update you when I get some more seat time in it the springs are 460F/650R with no rear bar. I do love the feel of the backend in corners now before it was like an anchor being drug behind the car never in sync but now it is lively and track solidly. most of that is probablu b/c of the light duty stock stuff vs. anything aftermarket.

Erik

Here's a better pic of mike's car since many of you probably know it by now.
                      Last edited by bimmerteck; 03-24-2009, 03:25 PM. Reason: posted a better pic of spastic's car in my garage ;P

Comment

any more of the e36... so ssick
                        AW 89' 325i Vert - SOLD

Comment

that vert is sick.
                          Continuous For Sale Thread
                          323i s50

Comment

very nice project

-
                            Project
                            Parts for Sale
                            Feedback
                            YouTube Channel

Comment

definitely not afraid to drop money for the good stuff, i like that

what are you planning to do bumper/airdam wise?
                              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
                              Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Working...
                              X