No announcement yet.

My alpine e30 'vert project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The paint and body is the last thing I will be doing b/c I hate working on motors over freshly painted fenders. I am debating either e30 m3 bumpers and fenders or just classic euro chrome bumpers with alpina front air dam and skirts. I have many of the parts for either already and what ever doesn't go on the 'vert will get put on my other e30 project. :) I really love vlad's but I don't think it would look the same in alpine white, I really prefer the chrome bumpers at the moment b/c I think chrome bumpers and alpine white go so well together.

or

Comment

I vote tech 1 alpina. m3 look is baller, but the white wont have the same effect as would a dark color such as red or black.

The only gripe I have about the chrome bumper, is that is just a tin sheet metal and its all form, and no function.

Comment

I have alpina airdam (rep) and chrome bumpers :D

here is white M3 vert rep

Last edited by vlad; 03-25-2009, 03:39 PM.

Comment

your car is SICK! Wish I could throw money at mine like that.... damn dual mortgage payments...

1988 325iC Project - FINISHED!
          Build Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ht=325iC+paint

Comment

err. that white m3 rep vert has got to be the best looking vert i've ever seen of any type of car. lordy.

Comment

I conceded... you proof me wrong. Go with the m3 look :P

Comment

Finally rushed it outside, washed it and snapped a real pic right before the rian started up again.

Comment

Well while not rally parts for my car, my Fiance did buy me shoes to match my interior!

Comment

Looking good. Love the red interior. We need to see more of that car.

1991 325ic and 1991 318is

Comment

I heart cardinal on white. Such a damn good combo. I'm +1 on not going the m3 route, simply because a I think a nice clean white tech one with alpina front would be money.

Comment

Wow, your car is just perfect. Red carpet is sick ;)

WTB: early e30 sedan front doors

Comment

I thought I'd prefer an mtech over the M3 rep look until vlad posted that white vert. Now am just confused. Either way if its done up nice it will look good.
                          sigpic

Comment

whos white M3 cab replica? Vlad? you... have.... two?...

makes me want to drop out of college and work 3 jobs to get the capital before all these cars are gone lol.
                            oh btw. was this car on CL? i think i saw it either there or autotrader. how much did you pay? and that interior has bawls! :D
                            Late model granitesilber 325i convertible FS:
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=293701

Comment

Started Spring cleaning in the garage last weekend, Started work on the 'vert for the year, stripped the new motor, media blasted a bunch of parts, installed some new bits, preparing for the swap now that Mike's car is out of my way. Pics will be posted as I start to go through the motor, and finally get around to installing it.

Erik

Comment

Great build. How much did those BBS wheels run you? They are soo hot.

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber
                                You are lucky your Dad didn't pull out and leave you on the passenger side seat.

Comment

Working...
                                X