Not another project thread : 1986 528e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not another project thread : 1986 528e

IÂ’ve decided to abort the e30 mission for now. Got my hands on a project I am not in over my head with. I bought a pretty molested e46 330i 5-speed , traded it for this 528e. And I love it. 260k shown on the broken odometer . Its just at a perfect starting point for these cars : not perfect , time to put in work. Dash is fucked , headliner is yellowed , seats are nice , back seat bench is holey, things are out of place..but.. The car runs good , drives ok and is going to be a fun build
    Attached Files
    1986 LTW M52 (First project 2015- )
    1998 e36 328ic/5 -
    Roundie alpina pig cheek’d (1969)
    1967 2002 parts car
    1994 318iS junked.

I love the look of the e28.
    Paynemw
    1986 Toyota 4Runner SR5 - Sold!
    the ebb and flow of 325is ownership - In RVA
    1988 BMW 535is - RIP but my dream BMW

Comment

Originally posted by paynemw View Post
      I love the look of the e28.
      Thank you
      1998 e36 328ic/5 -
      1967 2002 parts car
      1994 318iS junked.

Comment

It has a slightly damaged core support , from some previous impact , the only thing looking out of place from the outside is the kidney grille No pictures of the core support but I will take some just to show . It can be fixed but i’d rather have it replaced with a fresh unit . I need to start the routine M20 maintenance on this car . All of the above . She leaks zero fluids and has been running and driving strong . But as far as run-and driveability , here’s a list of things needed to do

-oil change/filter
        -SparkPlug wires (sparkplugs have been allegedly )
        -Timing belt (of course) idk why I’ve been driving it so much having not done this .. balls i guess.

- coolant compound flush and re-fill with OEM stuff. -Hoses -
        distributor
        -Valve cover gasket
        -Valve adjustment

-The car is in desparate need of a shifter rebuild . The entire center console moves when I go to shift into reverse . Thankfully there are alot of aftermarket and OEM options out there for this stuff .

-Something in my drivers side wheel area is loose allowing me to pull the wheel back and fourth while jacked up , and also causing little, to moderate , to violent shaking .
        -my center support bearing might be shot . Guibo gets replaced with that .
        - Transmission , Differential fluid replacement .

- Address the suspension and brakes , e34 brake upgrade, brake lines. Replace every bushing I can down there .
        Attached Files
        Last edited by JeLani; 11-28-2019, 01:16 PM.
        1998 e36 328ic/5 -
        1967 2002 parts car
        1994 318iS junked.

Comment

Originally posted by JeLani View Post
          -Something in my drivers side wheel area is loose allowing me to pull the wheel back and fourth while jacked up , and also causing little, to moderate , to violent shaking .
          - Address the suspension and brakes , e34 brake upgrade, brake lines. Replace every bushing I can down there .
          Your lower control arm bushings are shot, and at certain speeds you'll experience violent shaking. Some dudes do Lemfoerder control arms from a 7 series. Go to mye28.com for knowledge bombs.
          Paynemw
          1986 Toyota 4Runner SR5 - Sold!
          the ebb and flow of 325is ownership - In RVA
          1988 BMW 535is - RIP but my dream BMW

Comment

Working...
          X