X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noob Intro-Current Build-Vendor Question

Intro:

Hey Guys,

6 months ago I purchased a white 87 325is. I knew what I wanted and took my time finding it. Although sure of my wants, I had no f***ing clue what I didn't know. So, Thank you to anyone who contributes here, as I've spent countless hours scouring for information and you have helped tremendously. That being said, I'm surprised that for some when you receive your doctorate in BMW mechanics(or any other), suddenly you also have a doctorate in A$$HOLE. HAHA! So, also thank you to those who give their advice kindly. It goes a long way, Really. Ps. I'm a recovered A**hole, with a minor in sarcasm.

Upon purchase the car already had...

-Short shift with DSSR
    -HnR Springs with Bilstein shocks
    -Ground Control Camber Plates
    -Upgraded MAF
    -Late Model bumper conversion
    -15" Euroweaves

After really digging into the car, and finding hack after hack I have things sorted, well sort of...

The Current Build

- IE slotted/drilled rotors with performance pads - huge difference
    - Currently have an M20 3.1 stroker motor being assembled my Motor Works Inc. in San Diego
    - MSPNP - waiting for final parts before attempting this install
    - Ground Control Coilover set up - waiting for delivery, Over 30 days now : /
    - Rear Adjustable Subframe with new bushings from Garagistic - also still waiting over 30 days for delivery : /
    -
    Apex Arc 8 17" wheels
    - Custom aluminum side skirts, wing & rear diffuser

Vendor Question

As I mentioned above, It's been 30 + days since i made 2 purchases with 2 different vendors. Initially, I didn't receive an email from either company regarding the amount of time to expect for delivery. As a business owner myself, this practice is confusing. After emailing both vendors questing when I would receive parts, I received reply emails. Only now we have surpassed the stated delivery time frame by one week for both Garagistic and Ground Control with no additional contact from either company.. Is this normal? Trying to manage my expectations here. Do I need to be more patient, or is this unreasonable?

Peace!

First off, go waffles yourself noob.

Email them again, and politely ask what's up and be prepared to wait some more. Remember, you probably ordered made to order parts and got in the holiday rush.

Welcome to r3v.

Comment

Might be better off calling them. Garagistic I'm not surprised, but GC I am.
      Originally posted by priapism
      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
      Originally posted by shameson
      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

I had a similar experience with Garagistic. I purchased an X brace and rear strut bar via eBay. After they missed the shipment deadline and the delivery deadline I sent a nicely worded email. They responded, apologized and shipped the items shortly afterwards.

Comment

FInally received the coilover kit! Thank you GC

Still waiting for the adjustable subframe from Garagistic. Just, wow...

Comment

dude, they are custom making the adjustable subframe AND they have to find cores... it doesn't help when we don't give them cores.
            Paynemw
            1986 Toyota 4Runner SR5 - Sold!
            the ebb and flow of 325is ownership - In RVA
            1988 BMW 535is - RIP but my dream BMW

Comment

Welcome! nice to see new members with cool projects to share - need more photos - I am looking forward to watching the build progress. Sounds like we have similar ideas.
              '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
              Shadetree30

Comment

Originally posted by fastfish View Post
                [
                - Custom aluminum side skirts, wing & rear diffuser
                All I see is rice. Or Formula D-tardation. Please prove me wrong.

Click image for larger version

Name:	3C3AE6B7-2E47-40B6-8E80-DE8D13AD0789.jpeg
Views:	149
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	9904404

Looks like a good start for a build though. Look forward to pics and progress.

"In God we trust. All others must bring data." -W. E. Deming

/// 1987 325is /// Project Thread
                Past: 87 is, 88ix, 88 i, 87 ic, 89 ix, 17 others.

Comment

Originally posted by paynemw View Post
                  dude, they are custom making the adjustable subframe AND they have to find cores... it doesn't help when we don't give them cores.
                  Trying to be patient and I understand the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
                    Welcome! nice to see new members with cool projects to share - need more photos - I am looking forward to watching the build progress. Sounds like we have similar ideas.
                    Got the Ground Controls installed and spent some time trying to dial in the height settings. Damn this thing handles like dream.

When installing the rear I found the sway bar mount on one of the railing arms broke. Add it to the list...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Conrad311 View Post

All I see is rice. Or Formula D-tardation. Please prove me wrong.

Click image for larger version

Name:	3C3AE6B7-2E47-40B6-8E80-DE8D13AD0789.jpeg
Views:	149
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	9904404

Looks like a good start for a build though. Look forward to pics and progress.

One word: Subtle

Comment

Working...
                      X