Oil cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil cooler

1987 325i convertible with leaking oil cooler inlet line. Simple replacement is not an option as the PO put in an aftermarket AC compressor that required special plumbing and they altered the outlet piping of the line with a visible weld. It’s the hose with the long hard line that runs the length of the cooler. I just did the whole timing belt service to replace the cam seal which I flicked out with one finger it was so loose but then drove the car and oil all over the AC compressor on the outside that just happened to line up with that hose and sure enough there was oil leaking from there on both ends of the fitting at the soft line junction. So do I pull hose and get it rebuilt? Can I just delete the cooler without incidence later since the regular 325i doesn’t have it!? This is a dairy cream car driven o my on nice weather not a track star or daily driver. Wanted some advice! Thanks
    Mark

you can delete the cooler but you need to bridge the lines to and from the cooler dont just plug them at the oil filter housing

or you can remove the whole filter assembly and buy the OE adapter and just screw the filter on perpendicular like on many non cooler engines
    89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Bought the adapter and thrilled with the dry garage floor! Except oil drain plug drips!! Anything to be done, new crush washer torqued and still drips!

Comment

Hey, I'm actually doing the EXACT same thing. I just found this. I am going to use AN line to get around the AC unit, But am still figuring out the hard line connections. Check this out: https://stim.tech/product/e30-m20-oi...-line-adapter/
        Paynemw
        1986 Toyota 4Runner SR5 - Sold!
        the ebb and flow of 325is ownership - In RVA
        1988 BMW 535is - RIP but my dream BMW

Comment

Working...
        X