Exterior Trim Clip Troubles...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exterior Trim Clip Troubles...

I pulled all the trim / moulding strips off my car this weekend to repaint them. A couple of clips broke. No problem, I should replace the clips anyway...

Turns out I've broken some pieces that come with the trim strips.

Has anyone attempted to repair or re-mount these exterior strips with other clips? Seems like there must be another way to mount them... TIA

(Apologies if this has been discussed before)

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2770 copy.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	9930985
    1989 325is ✨

it's happened to me. I don't believe you can get that little part. I found a thrashed donor trim piece and replaced the broken piece. sent from hell using tapatalk
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    '90 325i sedan daily driven
    '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

Thanks. I’ll go to the junkyard next time it’s below 80°. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      1989 325is ✨

Comment

Originally posted by strickland View Post
        Thanks. I’ll go to the junkyard next time it’s below 80°. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        a couple coors lites will make it easier lol sent from hell using tapatalk
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

thread revival currently dealing with this + i believe there is a difference in the chrome pieces and all black pieces. i removed chrome trim and tried to install black trim and it didnt seem to fit right and broke the clips.

so ive got to buy the whole piece and it comes with the clips in it?

Comment

Depends on which piece of trim. A couple of spots have a screw that’s easy to miss + easy to break. I recommend replacing the clips where you can.
            1989 325is ✨

Comment

Remember, the clips go into the door holes first. the trim snaps to them. sent from hell using Tapatalk
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
              X