320i touring project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

320i touring project

So, decided to register and add my 320i touring as well. Got bored just reading another members stories and viewing nice pictures. I am from Europe(Riga,Latvia)
    t's a lot easier to buy touring here than in US. But mostly all of e30 are kinda heavily rusted out. But fortunately this story won't be about one of these cars.

All in all, this e30 started his life a long time ago. In 1991 to be exact. And still not a single part of it's body was touched by welding torch which is more than incredible.
    Considering it's life circle through rough and salty winters. It was born with weak m20b20 engine inside, but previous owner added some muscles to this wagon installing 2.7l m20 stroker inside.

Despite being in good overall condition, the interior was used as per wagon status for sure. Especially boot compartment. Moreover, it has luxurious suspended ceilings. Hopefully will sort out interior by this summer.
    Overall equipment is also pretty good for selfish-equiped European cars comparing to US cars.
    It has following extras:
    1.Air conditioner
    2. All 4 electric windows and sunroof
    3.Heated seats
    4.Dog net in trunk
    5. 5pcs r15 style 5 with all caps
    6. mt2 steering wheel

​​​​​​​
    ​​​​​​​
    ​​​​​​​
    ​​​​​​​
    ​​​​​​​
    ​​​​​​​
    ​​​​​​​
    ​​​​​​​
    ​​​​​​​
    ​​​​​​​
    ​​​​​​​

Stay tuned...

Small update.
    Installed 365mm Nardi steering wheel and some nice leather shifting knoob. Had it for several years laying on the shelf.

Will swap pretty decent condition mt2 steering wheel for some parts.
    Looking to add some more extras into touring.
    Interested in:
    -manual late model cruise control
    -map light mirror
    -obc II

Let me know if you have anything and interested to swap parts, I will send you some pictures of steering wheel.

Comment

Nice, always love a good touring thread. Great color to have too!

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Welcome! My 1988 Touring also has the "luxurious suspended ceilings." Too funny.

Cory
        1992 325i Cabrio
        1988 320i Touring
        2000 M5
        1977 530i
        2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
        BMWCCA
        E30CCA

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
          Nice, always love a good touring thread. Great color to have too!
          It's actually not oem e30 colour. Some kind of customized e36 blue colour. Will repaint it this summer into mauritius blue probably. And with same blue design edition interior. Someone's touring from here maybe. =)

Comment

Originally posted by cory58 View Post
            Welcome! My 1988 Touring also has the "luxurious suspended ceilings." Too funny. Cory
            That's very annoying to be honest. Overall interior condition is too rough. Nobody cared really about how it feel and look inside. Kinda sad. But slowly step by step I will get it done maybe not up to new factory condition, but at least to acceptable. Отправлено с моего Redmi Note 8 Pro через Tapatalk

Comment

Straightened, decurbed and powdercoated another set of style 5 r15 for summer tyres. Don't know if I will be happy with colour and finish once they will installed on the car. Probably need to paint lip in silver. What colour everyone use for silver lips on these wheels?

Comment

Okay, it's a spring already. So, time for updates.

Out with old cracked junk.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20210402-181007.sized.jpg?1617880917.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	9982164

Name:	IMG-20210402-181003.sized.jpg?1617880957.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	9982165

Name:	IMG-20210402-180953.sized.jpg?1617881027.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	9982166

In with fresh tail light. What an impressive difference can lightning condition make.

Name:	IMG-20210408-141035.sized.jpg?1617881095.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	9982167

Name:	IMG-20210408-140950.sized.jpg?1617881160.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	9982168

Comment

And stock height springs on rear at the moment. + r15 style 5 with fresh 195/60 summer tires

Tow hitch delete, unpainted moldings/plate filler, stock spring are incoming next.

Comment

Ordered to produce style 5 r15 plastic replica caps. Turned out very nice and close to oem ones.

Name:	IMG-20210402-163335.sized.jpg?1617883622.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	9982183

Comment

Those do look pretty decent for reproduction caps, not sure about the dark wheels with the darker exterior color. In any case, keep it going!

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                        Those do look pretty decent for reproduction caps, not sure about the dark wheels with the darker exterior color. In any case, keep it going!
                        They are fully functional as well - all parts are made separately as in oem ones.
                        Wheels look a bit lighter in real life. But yes, I am looking to paint lips in bright silver to make a slight accent on them.

Comment

Nice the two tone nearly nogaro silver will look better.

Comment

Haven't updated this topic for a while - think it's a time to do it.
                            Touring was nice to drive in summer. Despite non working A/C in +33C.
                            Really like m20 sound.
                            Now placed it into garage for winter storage and some maintenance/mods.
                            The only technical thing I've done during this time - changed front springs to stock height, but new ones.
                            Ride quality significantly improved, but noticed that shocks are dead. =D
                            Not sure whether I am getting too old for stanced cars or I do like baloony tires and stock ride height.
                            Probably need to rise rear end a bit higher now.
                            Anyway, going to install BC racing next spring.

Enough texting, it's time for a lot of useless pictures. =)

Comment

Ok, now what was bought for past time.

1. Decided to go with electric power steering instead of hydraulic.
                              Had a chance to buy new EZ Power steering column with very big discount.. Pretty happy with purchase.
                              Will try it on stock mechanical steering rack. But plan to switch to Z4 rack in future.

2. Finally!!!! Have found original e30 recaros in pretty decent shape for it's age. And for very reasonable money.
                              It was a pain to deliver them across borders, but now I am a happy owner of unicorns. Have got all side plastic and cover btw. =)

3. I already have spare wheel canister. But couldn't resist to buy nearly untouched one with oem filler hose.

4.Wheels... Minute of silence please! =D
                              Have bought one more style 5 wheel set in Edition One color.
                              Very rare and especially in such shape and all chromed hexes.

But well, that escalated very fast and badly. Now I have at least three style 5 r15 sets on the shelf.
                              One of them is staggered offset one with rz378 for rear axle.

Always wanted to convert RC090 into 4x100. And here they are. Not finished completely yet though.
                              Clean and professional redrill with built in thread for RS center hexes and 57.1mm center bore.

Decided that like 5 sets of wheels is not enough for one car.
                              Managed to buy 4 sets of BBS RS, lol. - rs070/071, rs001, rs189, rs033/rs045
                              Building two sets of r16 now and restoring rs070/071. Probably need to sell one, not enough space already. =D

Stay tuned.

Comment

Working...
                              X