Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greenies unite here? How are you contributing to your neighborhood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daniel View Post
    i agree that solar power should be developed and implemented as quickly as possible. all that sun is going to waste.
    It's a damn shame all that energy is wasted producing tidal effects, heat for us and energy for plant life so we can breathe.:hitler:

Comment

sig is ftw

e24 e9 e30
      IG: peterkaczynski

Comment

Getting a degree that actually educates me on how to be self sufficient rather than reading an online left/right wing article on global climate change.
        1985 BMW 325e
        1997 BMW M3/4/5
        2007 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 5.3 v8

Comment

I had to....carry on
          www.ryanwhopkins.com

Comment

I live in New Zealand. Nuff said.

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
            RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Smoodiver View Post
              I live in New Zealand. Nuff said.

God's country down under?

:mrgreen:

Comment

decent
                Last edited by retardotyler; 04-27-2015, 12:27 AM.
                i will get my moms g35 and monkey stomp your ass she has a k&n air filter your sr20det on 20 lbs cant fuck with it

Comment

Originally posted by atomic View Post
                  God's country down under?

:mrgreen:
                  We've had the copyright on Godzone since we banned nuclear ships in the seventies :D

Comment

We've got solar panels to cover up to 97% of our power usage. We have a solar water heater, and we're about to get a gray water tank to water our yard and my mother's garden. My father finds people that are interested in getting solar panels, and hooks them up with people he knows that does it. My father is also involved with some bank trying to figure out some sort of working incentive for people to invest in solar power. He's pretty active in the alternative energy dealio in Tucson.

Have you made a purchase from www.blunttech.com recently?
                    sigpic<< wrecked

Comment

How long could you pay your power bill with all the money you would have tied up in a solar panel roof? Money is a resource too.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Smoodiver View Post
                        We've had the copyright on Godzone since we banned nuclear ships in the seventies

I remember back in high school, one of my teachers told me that scientists had calculated out that if there was a nuclear war with all nuclear powers considered, New Zealand would actually be the safest place on earth. It was because of the way the jet streams would carry the radiation.

I guess the new species of mankind would be left to take over........kiwi sapiens

(it sounds much better than homo kiwis)

Comment

Originally posted by daniel View Post
                          i agree that solar power should be developed and implemented as quickly as possible. all that sun is going to waste.
                          Wind power ftmfw. There is a wind generator near my house, pretty slick lookin.
                          1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

Comment

Originally posted by 2002maniac View Post
                            How long could you pay your power bill with all the money you would have tied up in a solar panel roof? Money is a resource too.
                            It all depends on the utility you're hooked up to and the cost of electricity. In CA, with State and Federal incentives, a solar system generally pays back in 7-15 years, depending on the utility's particular rate. If you sell the house with a working Solar PV system, you can expect it to add worth to the market rate of the house too.

Great thing about a solar system is it is a great way to hedge against energy escalation, which in CA has been around 8% per year. If/When the US decides to join the rest of the world in reducing CO2 by ratifying the Kyoto Protocol, carbon based electricity (especially from coal) is going to get a bit more expensive.

Wow, seems like forever since I've posted on r3v. I've been tied up w/ the whole cleantech/green thing in San Francisco and am glad we got some of you guys here on r3v!

btw: E30S52 is still in great shape, but public transit is my new DD.
                            San Diego BMW repair -> Jake @ www.littlecarshop.com Great guy :up:

Comment

Originally posted by BillBrasky View Post
                              I remember back in high school, one of my teachers told me that scientists had calculated out that if there was a nuclear war with all nuclear powers considered, New Zealand would actually be the safest place on earth. It was because of the way the jet streams would carry the radiation.

I guess the new species of mankind would be left to take over........kiwi sapiens

(it sounds much better than homo kiwis)
                              Heh that IS pretty cool.

But then everyone would sound the same and my accent wouldn't have women swooning all over the place :D

Comment

Hemp soap.

I tried it today for the first time. Sprinkle a little of that shit on your balls, MMMHMMM. Minty.
                                Instagram
                                sigpic
                                Current: 99 M3
                                Past: 84 325e, 84 528e

Comment

Working...
                                X