• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aaron325ix View Post
    and there it is...

Did not take long did it. :D
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
      The fact that I'm too busy writing a final paper to bother refuting your "arguments" is proof of nothing.

Oh, and admins can see deleted posts.
      Say what?

And be sure to come back when you're done writing your paper to refute my points.

I'll also ask you the same two questions:

1) Does the fact that the MSM has donated 70% of their campaign donations to the DNC since 1990 and 78% in the last election cycle indicative of an inherent bias in the media?

2) Does the fact that 18 of the top 20 media outlets lean left according to the UCLA media study indicate a bias by the media favoring left of center issues?
      sigpic
      1988 5 spd.Cabrio/Lachs Silber/Black Leather/123k/Dealer Serviced & Maintained by both PO's
      Clarion DXZ785USB HU, BBS Wheels, Leather e-brake handle & e-brake boot, Mtech 1 Wheel, Maplight Mirror, Performance chip, Rear Headrests.
      Previous E30: 1986 5 spd. 325es/Delphin Gray/Black Leather/191k

Comment

and there it is...

and not that they are necessarily "overkill", but I think your efforts would be better used in a better place where you might be heard better. Seems like your just wasting your energy.
        It seems that way, especially when referenced facts are presented and still denied.

And on a less serious note, the fact that "People" magazine would put Michelle Obama in it's top 20 list of beautiful people/women is just ridiculous.

I doubt she's even in Barack's top 20, or anyone else's.
        sigpic
        1988 5 spd.Cabrio/Lachs Silber/Black Leather/123k/Dealer Serviced & Maintained by both PO's
        Clarion DXZ785USB HU, BBS Wheels, Leather e-brake handle & e-brake boot, Mtech 1 Wheel, Maplight Mirror, Performance chip, Rear Headrests.

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Cabrio View Post
          It seems that way, especially when referenced facts are presented and still denied.

And on a less serious note, the fact that "People" magazine would put Michelle Obama in it's top 20 list of beautiful people/women is just ridiculous.

quoted for lulz

SC*AR

Originally posted by JamesE30
          And with a car looking like yours I imagine the balance shall tip in the favor of insult, like a big fat fucking retarded fucking black girl on a see-saw, opposite... a dwarf.

Comment

that does not have one thing to do with what we were talking about. And sure Michelle is some what attractive, not that i would "hit it" or anything, but I can see it. as for you, "THATS RACIST", sorry I dont have the GIF for that.
            sigpic

Comment

Comment

my dad used to listen to the glenn beck program here in tampa on local AM radio 5-10 years ago before he was nationally syndicated and he was just a regular afternoon radio talk show guy. he was kinda funny to listen to. the type that'll get in arguments and shout at callers that disagree. now he seems totally off the deep end! some of the youtube clips of him remind me of a televangelist or something. he seems like hes acting and/or really really lame. if it weren't for the name id never know it was the same dude i used to hear on the radio.

as for all this other crap...that colin powell picture says it all.

edit- and to add to the mix, the channel beck was on here used to be ABC and had hours and hours of leftish talk shows as well as right. now the channel is almost all right wing style people and its Fox News Radio. plus its always been clear channel.... im sure a lot can be made of all this info.

Comment

Please read my entire post. I know its long, but I'm sure it will make you think.

What Beck talks about could possibly come true. He's touched on this a lot with his show and I would agree. I don't want to, but you have to consider it. We now stand at 12.5% of debit to GDP, we usually average 3%. The highest under Bush was only 4%, don't argue the war it was mostly his spending/congress and his Medicare C Program. Besides, wars usually help stimulate the economy; WWII, Gulf War I & II are good examples. Sounds terrible, I know.
                  Outside of that, what if unemployment hits 15-20%, and interests rates go up to 8-12%, we could be in trouble. What he talks about on his show is the civil un-rests & increase in crime that would come from it. I think we can all agree that we would do anything to feed our family if we had to.
                  If you don't think this could ever happen, think again. The US gov could very well sometime in the near future have to start selling t-bonds or notes at 7-8% when inflation kicks in. How? What would happen if the credit markets dried up more, if China stepped out of buying or decided to sell our treasuries? Prices would fall and yields would increase, less demand. Well when the treasury will have to borrow more and at a higher rate, you have to figure the increased risk associated with out debt. So again, higher borrowing cost. Then, what would happen if Oil continued to increase, further eroding purchasing power of the consumer? Slowing the economy even more producing less revenue for the GOV. Do you see the cycle?
                  We can all say that we don't want this to happen, but I think what Glenn Beck does on his show needs to be done. Yes his ultimate goal is more viewship and he can be annoying, but at least he's trying to wake this Country up. We need new leadership, on both sides. I'm saying this as a Republican.

One more thing to consider, we all know what the Housing Bubble has done to the economy. Consider what will happen when the Credit Card Bubble and Commerical Real Estate bubble bursts. Consider what would happen to the banks, then to lending for you and I, then the bla bla bla. If we don't see the American Consumer coming back to the market soon, we will see it. The only stimulus we needed this year would be the same stimulus we saw in 2003, something to bring the consumer back. If you don't believe what I'm saying, do the research to prove me wrong. Good luck.

Sorry for the rant.

Comment

Glenn Beck is a hack just like every other media pundit, liberal or conservative.

Comment

that does not have one thing to do with what we were talking about. And sure Michelle is some what attractive, not that i would "hit it" or anything, but I can see it. as for you, "THATS RACIST", sorry I dont have the GIF for that.
                      So now it's racist to think that Michelle Obama isn't attractive?

Off to the re-education camps for me.

And yes it does have everything to do what we are talking about - the media glorifies Obama and his wife.

Top 20 most beautiful person?

C'mon. This media love affair with the Obama's is just silly.

In fact, it's downright embarrassing the way they fawn over him/her.

I saw some comedy writer for one of the late night talk shows (Letterman?) being asked why Leno, Letterman, etc...are basically giving Obama a free pass and make very few jokes about him and the writer said something to the effect of "We just don't have any material to work with. He's just so perfect we can't find anything to make fun of" or similar words.

And yes, he said this with a straight face and was dead serious.

And as much as I despise Bill Maher, he did nail it when he said something like "They sound like they want to have sex with him" when commenting on Keith Olbermann and Chris Matthews talking about Barack Obama.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mscott View Post
                        Please read my entire post. I know its long, but I'm sure it will make you think.

What Beck talks about could possibly come true. He's touched on this a lot with his show and I would agree. I don't want to, but you have to consider it. We now stand at 12.5% of debit to GDP, we usually average 3%. The highest under Bush was only 4%, don't argue the war it was mostly his spending/congress and his Medicare C Program. Besides, wars usually help stimulate the economy; WWII, Gulf War I & II are good examples. Sounds terrible, I know.
                        Outside of that, what if unemployment hits 15-20%, and interests rates go up to 8-12%, we could be in trouble. What he talks about on his show is the civil un-rests & increase in crime that would come from it. I think we can all agree that we would do anything to feed our family if we had to.
                        If you don't think this could ever happen, think again. The US gov could very well sometime in the near future have to start selling t-bonds or notes at 7-8% when inflation kicks in. How? What would happen if the credit markets dried up more, if China stepped out of buying or decided to sell our treasuries? Prices would fall and yields would increase, less demand. Well when the treasury will have to borrow more and at a higher rate, you have to figure the increased risk associated with out debt. So again, higher borrowing cost. Then, what would happen if Oil continued to increase, further eroding purchasing power of the consumer? Slowing the economy even more producing less revenue for the GOV. Do you see the cycle?
                        We can all say that we don't want this to happen, but I think what Glenn Beck does on his show needs to be done. Yes his ultimate goal is more viewship and he can be annoying, but at least he's trying to wake this Country up. We need new leadership, on both sides. I'm saying this as a Republican.

One more thing to consider, we all know what the Housing Bubble has done to the economy. Consider what will happen when the Credit Card Bubble and Commerical Real Estate bubble bursts. Consider what would happen to the banks, then to lending for you and I, then the bla bla bla. If we don't see the American Consumer coming back to the market soon, we will see it. The only stimulus we needed this year would be the same stimulus we saw in 2003, something to bring the consumer back. If you don't believe what I'm saying, do the research to prove me wrong. Good luck.

Sorry for the rant.
                        Beck and/or his staff have have been doing a great job investigating and exposing ACORN.

Currently, the Obama administration is threatening to withhold over 6 Billion dollars of stimulus money from California unless the Governor signs on to some BS program that benefits an ACORN umbrella group with tens of millions of dollars.

I didn't catch all of it as I was on the phone, but that's the gist of what I heard.

It sounded like straight up extortion.

Yet the MSM has yet to comment.

Personally, I think Beck is a bit of a goofball but the content of his message has been a home run from what I've seen so far.

Of course the haters probably don't even watch the show and probably just watch YouTube excerpts taken out of context to make him look bad.

Michael Moore type "journalism"

His show is kicking ass in the ratings, so his message is resonating with the public.

Meanwhile, much of the MSM is ignoring this story and going broke.

Perhaps the MSM should start reporting the news again like they used to instead of being advocates for a political party to regain their lost credibility along with their lost viewers, readers and listeners and their lost ad revenue.

Here in San Francisco, the oldest and once most respected newspaper (The Chronicle) is going broke and may go under because even in this liberal city, the readers want some semblance of journalism and not cheerleading for the left.

They used to have real journalists who reported the news.

Now they have a bunch of left wing hacks like Mark Morford, whose only apparent talent is writing Bush bashing articles, even though Bush is no longer in office.

Even here is SF, the reader can only take so many "Isn't Obama just so wonderful" and "Bush is Satan" articles.

And again, Michelle Obama, top 20 beautiful people?

I mean seriously, you can't make this shit up.

Sarah Palin is a much hotter MILF/Political personality, but I wouldn't put her on the list either.

Yet the media is trying to pawn Michelle Obama off on the public as some icon of beauty.

Nigga please...

Reminds me of when the media tried to do the same with John Kerry's horse faced daughter 5 years ago.

How much did the Obama camp pay "People" to put Michelle on the list?
                        Last edited by E30 Cabrio; 05-12-2009, 12:15 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Can somebody just fucking tell Beck to SIT STILL when talking? Fuck he annoys me when he moves all over the fucking place. This is the ONLY reason why I don't watch him.

Comment

So now it's racist to think that Michelle Obama isn't attractive?

Off to the re-education camps for me.

And yes it does have everything to do what we are talking about - the media glorifies Obama and his wife.

Top 20 most beautiful person?

C'mon. This media love affair with the Obama's is just silly.

In fact, it's downright embarrassing the way they fawn over him/her.

I saw some comedy writer for one of the late night talk shows (Letterman?) being asked why Leno, Letterman, etc...are basically giving Obama a free pass and make very few jokes about him and the writer said something to the effect of "We just don't have any material to work with. He's just so perfect we can't find anything to make fun of" or similar words.

And yes, he said this with a straight face and was dead serious.

And as much as I despise Bill Maher, he did nail it when he said something like "They sound like they want to have sex with him" when commenting on Keith Olbermann and Chris Matthews talking about Barack Obama.
                            Hey dumbass, that was a joke about the racist thing. I thought someone would have posted that GIF. I thought you might have gotten that being an R3v'er but then I remembered you spend most of your time here trying to cram your political beliefs down everyones throats instead of enjoying some of the things on here and making friends. You must be a blast to go have a beer with after work. although it's been said I think its worth repeating, Get over yourself.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X