No announcement yet.

Star Trek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

havent seen an episode of the show and never really had any interest, but pretty sick movie

86 Zinno es
    M50 inside

Comment

I've seen some eps, not hugely into star trek though. Movie was pretty damn good, it isn't the best movie ever made, but far better than most of the crap they are slinging out these days.
      Rollin' with a Geistkuchen

Comment

I saw it in the DLP screen here and I thought it was a pretty good movie. I would rate it better than most of the TV series and I thought they did an amazing job with it. Now for Terminator in a few weeks :)

Comment

Really fun movie to watch.
          Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
          Do you feel like something is trying to penetrate your butthole?

Comment

Just saw it, the movie was great!

would watch again
            1989 cirrisblau-metallic 325i

Comment

Originally posted by SpecM View Post
              Just saw it, the movie was great!

would watch again
              Gonna go watch again tomorrow. I'm pissed though that the only theater playing it in IMAX is 25 miles away.

I don't go see IMAX for the picture size, I see it for the sound. There is simply no comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by h0lmes View Post
                The movie was definitely good although I wouldn't say it was a great movie by any means. If you are a Star Trek fan you might not like it because it is TOTALLY different than all the previous incarnations. With the crazy cgi, goofy aliens and comic relief, it had a distinct Star Wars prequel feel to it.

Oh and I hated how Kirk became captain. One minute hes in deep trouble the next hes captain of the Enterprise. The writers could have done better with this aspect.

All in all though it was a fun and enjoyable movie. 7.5/10
                Are you kidding me? This movie was perfect in nearly every sense of the original star trek tv. show.
                (except for spock and ohura dating)

1987 PRO-3 car /1990 325is (2.7i Concours)

Comment

if you go see the movie are you basically gonna need to recap on the old tv shows? or is it for new audiences as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Tree18is View Post
                    if you go see the movie are you basically gonna need to recap on the old tv shows? or is it for new audiences as well.
                    I thought star trek was fucking gay and never watched it before seeing this movie. That said, I enjoyed the movie a lot. They pretty much explain everything for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Jparkr View Post
                      Are you kidding me? This movie was perfect in nearly every sense of the original star trek tv. show.
                      (except for spock and ohura dating)
                      Dunno if I agree with you there...

Perhaps you missed the part where Spock from the future answers Kirk's question about knowing his father? How Kirk often spoke of him as his reason for joining Starfleet?

That paradox was among many I picked out, but I'm quickly coming to the realization that, with time travel as a plot device, paradox is just turning into an acceptable thing. Soooooo, that helped me enjoy the movie as an alternate story; enough similarities between parallel realities but ripples of difference based upon things changed in the past.

'Sucks for Spock though. In the reality fans like me might have been expecting, he gets stranded way back in time 25 years too late to do anything about it. And how about Capt. Pike? In this reality, he won't be captain of the Enterprise for the story that started it all, The Menagerie.
                      - Sco

Keep Our City CLEAN & SAFE Do Your Part

Comment

For me, only a few parts felt rushed. Mostly a good pace. I wish the camera guy would have held still, lol. The effects were so... badassular to be exact. Anyone else really like Bones' lines? Spot on. Haha. I wish Scotty was a bigger character, but it was generally a great intro to all the characters. I can't wait to see where these actors take these movies now. The next installment just can't get here soon enough, damnit. Solid "A" rating from me. I too am a TNG fan, and a fan of the original cast's movies.

"BMW Style 32 Poster-Child"
                        HTTP://WWW.CLAVINZERO.COM/e30-5-lug
                        **(My Guide to E36 M3/Z3 1.9L 5-lug Swap)

Comment

Looking forward to this and Terminator.
                          https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

I was a little pissed that JJ Abrams thought it was okay to make a big deal out of being able to beam Kirk and Sulu back aboard from mid-terminal-velocity freefall in a split second but couldn't manage to keep Spock's mom from slipping off the edge of a cliff as they're all standing there for.ev.er.
                            - Sco

Keep Our City CLEAN & SAFE Do Your Part

Comment

Originally posted by Scotaku View Post
                              I was a little pissed that JJ Abrams thought it was okay to make a big deal out of being able to beam Kirk and Sulu back aboard from mid-terminal-velocity freefall in a split second but couldn't manage to keep Spock's mom from slipping off the edge of a cliff as they're all standing there for.ev.er.
                              true that

all in all i thought it was a pretty good movie though... terminator was a little disappointing actually. but startrek delivered more than i was expecting
                              ...what hasn’t been done to an m20 yet?

m20 Oil Stencil

Comment

Originally posted by Scotaku View Post
                                Dunno if I agree with you there...

Perhaps you missed the part where Spock from the future answers Kirk's question about knowing his father? How Kirk often spoke of him as his reason for joining Starfleet?

That paradox was among many I picked out, but I'm quickly coming to the realization that, with time travel as a plot device, paradox is just turning into an acceptable thing. Soooooo, that helped me enjoy the movie as an alternate story; enough similarities between parallel realities but ripples of difference based upon things changed in the past.

'Sucks for Spock though. In the reality fans like me might have been expecting, he gets stranded way back in time 25 years too late to do anything about it. And how about Capt. Pike? In this reality, he won't be captain of the Enterprise for the story that started it all, The Menagerie.
                                I have yet to go see the movie. From every thing I have read about it this is just what I was wondering about it all. Did they just forget about the very 1st episode the started the whole saga that is star trek. Yes I am a fan and have seen every episode of every series, and every movie. So I am kinda looking forward to seeing this movie, but in some ways not really, kinda thinking it may end to me at least like the Indiana Jones South Park episode.
                                Originally posted by Fusion
                                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                                William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X