Star Trek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Trek

Saw it in IMAX last night. Oh my god. Best movie I've seen in a while. Go see it.

*I had no interest in Star Trek before this movie.
    Advanded Delphin Division
    My e30s: 1987 325i/1994 318iT

how was harold, from harold and kumar. i cant see this guy in this movie....

this and terminator are gonna be the hotness
    1991 325iC - Mauritsblau sumthin metallic blue. DEAD
    1992 525i - Silber sumthin sumthin metallic- Rolling again, needs suspension/wheels/brakes/paint.... Fuck you A4S310R; BEAT YOU.
    1989 325i - Cirrusblau Metallic sumthin sumthin-project - trying to clean up the interior(done), then the body, then a 5spd, then suspension, then..... - [Stolen :| ]
    1991 325iC - Calypsorot Metallic
    1994 540i - Granitsilber

Originally posted by scabzzzz
    I've had blunts cock in my mouth, but I'm not gay.

Comment

The movie was definitely good although I wouldn't say it was a great movie by any means. If you are a Star Trek fan you might not like it because it is TOTALLY different than all the previous incarnations. With the crazy cgi, goofy aliens and comic relief, it had a distinct Star Wars prequel feel to it.

Oh and I hated how Kirk became captain. One minute hes in deep trouble the next hes captain of the Enterprise. The writers could have done better with this aspect.

All in all though it was a fun and enjoyable movie. 7.5/10

Comment

I've never seen an episode of Star Trek in my life and know nothing about it, but saw a showing of the movie last night. I liked it a lot overall - seemed like some of the story was rushed but definitely would recommend it.

Comment

Originally posted by Atreus View Post
          how was harold, from harold and kumar. i cant see this guy in this movie....

this and terminator are gonna be the hotness
          He wasn't bad, he's the pilot.
          Advanded Delphin Division
          My e30s: 1987 325i/1994 318iT

Comment

Originally posted by delfin View Post
            He wasn't bad, he's the pilot.

Good ol Sulu hahahahahah I just cant picture "Roldy", playing Mr. Sulu.

George Takei must having an embolism

if there are any true Trekies out there they will get the joke.
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

I have not seen a movie in theaters this year that was as awesome as that was. I was raised on TNG and I watched enough of the original series to know most things/all of the movies as a kid and I think this worked perfectly. Casting was spot on too...I thoroughly enjoyed it.

SC*AR (Schwarz Army)
              No longer stock ride height, rolling as low as a daily driver in New England should without worrying about breaking an oil pan. :up:

Comment

Just got back from watching this movie. GO WATCH IT!

I have seen a few episodes back when I was younger but never really got into it. This movie makes me regret that.

RIP

Comment

eventhough I wouldn't really call myself a "trekkie",
                  I have always been a big Star Trek fan from TV to the big screen,
                  I grew up with the original TV show and have seen all the movies and the latter shows as well...
                  This new edition of Star Trek was outstanding, casting was amazing and it did a damn good job telling the story of the Young Star Trek Cast...
                  Oh and I hated how Kirk became captain. One minute hes in deep trouble the next hes captain of the Enterprise. The writers could have done better with this aspect.
                  a little over simplified but it does happen though,
                  My younger brother, kinda went thru the same thing, he wasn't a Capt, but did get a huge, in field promotion while in the Navy when one of his Superiors "fell asleep" at the helm, and my brother called for hard starboard to keep the ship from running into commercial fishing nets...my brother was instantly promoted to his SUperiors rank and the Superior was instantly demoted to my brothers rank by the Admiral who came running to find out what all commotion was about...

SO it does happen, especially in times of combat...

I too were thoroughly impressed and, once again Capt. Kirk is cool thanks to this movie...
                  all the characters and their new counterparts were done very well...

This could be the beginning of a whole new Star Trek Generaion...

Go see it, it is definatley the best Star Trek Movie yet....
                  Last edited by BDK; 05-09-2009, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BDK View Post
                    eventhough I wouldn't really call myself a "trekkie",
                    I have always been a big Star Trek fan from TV to the big screen,
                    I grew up with the original TV show and have seen all the movies and the latter shows as well...
                    This new edition of Star Trek was outstanding, casting was amazing and it did a damn good job telling the story of the Young Star Trek Cast...

a little over simplified but it does happen though,
                    My younger brother, kinda went thru the same thing, he wasn't a Capt, but did get a huge, in field promotion while in the Navy when one of his Superiors "fell asleep" at the helm, and my brother called for hard starboard to keep the ship from running into commercial fishing nets...my brother was instantly promoted to his SUperiors rank and the Superior was instantly demoted to my brothers rank by the Admiral who came running to find out what all commotion was about...

SO it does happen, especially in times of combat...

I too were thoroughly impressed and, once again Capt. Kirk is cool thanks to this movie...
                    all the characters and their new counterparts were done very well...

This could be the beginning of a whole new Star Trek Generaion...

Go see it, it is definatley the best Star Wars Movie yet....
                    haha

Comment

^^^^
                      Ouch!
                      1991 325iC - Mauritsblau sumthin metallic blue. DEAD
                      1992 525i - Silber sumthin sumthin metallic- Rolling again, needs suspension/wheels/brakes/paint.... Fuck you A4S310R; BEAT YOU.
                      1989 325i - Cirrusblau Metallic sumthin sumthin-project - trying to clean up the interior(done), then the body, then a 5spd, then suspension, then..... - [Stolen :| ]
                      1991 325iC - Calypsorot Metallic
                      1994 540i - Granitsilber

Originally posted by scabzzzz
                      I've had blunts cock in my mouth, but I'm not gay.

Comment

Star Wars>>Star trek..I'm just saying....

Probably gonna watch the movie tonight.
                        Looking for a 3.46 or lower LSD. Lets make a deal.
                        LSx e36TI coming soon
                        Originally posted by s0urce
                        Man, she'd be so easy to rape

Comment

Star Wars: fantasy and badass...in space.

Stat Trek: morality and realism because its only 2 centuries away (technically 59 years until warp if we go by history set in "First Contact"....in space.

Funny thing about the "best Star Wars yet" is that Industrial Light and Magic, Lucas' effects studio, is who did all of the CGI for Star Trek.

SC*AR (Schwarz Army)
                          No longer stock ride height, rolling as low as a daily driver in New England should without worrying about breaking an oil pan. :up:

Comment

Star Wars Movie yet....
                            that's called lack of caffeine, notice the posting time...

Comment

Guys... this movie was amazing. The no namer cpt. Kirk was an amazing choice.

I also grew up on TNG. I like how they played with known theories and went a little beyond with it just like with most of Trek episodes. My friends and I actually talked about Kerr-Newman black holes,Schwarzschild black holes, anti matter/matter reaction and etc. Thats exactly what I asked for from this movie and I gotz it!

It was refreshing, unfortunately all that actiony stuff is what this day and age ask for...and cmon guys Leonard Nimoy is in it!
                              Last edited by Dozyproductions; 05-10-2009, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X