Anyone on here play musical instruments?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • RobE30
    replied
    Originally posted by So Live
    Ill play...

    Ive played drums for about 9 years now. Mostly rock stuff. played a lot of jazz too, big band and combo stuff. did the whole marching band drum line thing all through high school and played quints for all 4 years. Played in high schools A Jazz group for the last 3 years, combo for the last 3 too. Played pit band for a lot of the musicals, did concert band and whatnot too... Had a few bands along the way too, few different genres and a lot of fun.

    I play a natural finish 60's Rogers kit and have a 70's Rogers kit that i usually play out with (rock stuff cause it has a 22" kick). Zildjian cymbols and Sabian hats. Have a few snares: 5.5x14 ludwig supraphonic, 5.5x14 oldschool wood ludwig, and a 6.5x12 copper slingerlands that basically kills people

    heres the one pic i have online:
    Nice kit man! Nice to see some vintage hardware here

    Leave a comment:


  • So Live
    replied
    Ill play...

    Ive played drums for about 9 years now. Mostly rock stuff. played a lot of jazz too, big band and combo stuff. did the whole marching band drum line thing all through high school and played quints for all 4 years. Played in high schools A Jazz group for the last 3 years, combo for the last 3 too. Played pit band for a lot of the musicals, did concert band and whatnot too... Had a few bands along the way too, few different genres and a lot of fun.

    I play a natural finish 60's Rogers kit and have a 70's Rogers kit that i usually play out with (rock stuff cause it has a 22" kick). Zildjian cymbols and Sabian hats. Have a few snares: 5.5x14 ludwig supraphonic, 5.5x14 oldschool wood ludwig, and a 6.5x12 copper slingerlands that basically kills people

    heres the one pic i have online:

    Leave a comment:


  • e3o-master
    replied
    air guitar, drums when i was 12-17 (school)


    a tiny tiny bit of violin from early years and


    really good at guitar hero

    Leave a comment:


  • decay
    replied
    piano and french horn when i was young. turntables from the late nineties thru today. brother gave me a 4-string bass for xmas the year before i headed overseas, but the learning curve on that is steep for me for some reason- i've learned to play by ear but i'm nowhere near the point where i can do it without thinking about and looking at where my hands need to be. and yeah... time to sit down and practice is at a minimum, and looks like it's gonna stay that way.

    Leave a comment:


  • lifeiskaos
    replied
    Originally posted by Bimmerman325i
    I play trombone and used to play tuba as well. I play mostly jazz and classical/concert band stuff, but will play nearly anything. I've got a Bach 16LT jazz horn and an Edwards custom big bore classical/concert horn. I had a Miraphone BBb Tuba but sold it a while ago to focus on my trombone playing.

    I just wish I had more time to play, schooling takes what time I have.
    +1!

    last year i played trombone in jazz band, and symphony orchestra, and euphonium in marching band, pep band, and concert band. i often played tuba and french horn with some of the younger classes. started on trumpet though 8 years ago. i <3 brass instruments. this year im too busy doing calculus and various mechanical engineering nonsense :( i miss it

    Leave a comment:


  • lennon
    replied
    i play guitar. 1961 les paul sg cherry red with tremelo and original paf humbuckers, fender american strat, 2003 sg standard with humbucker sized p90s, a couple others that dont matter as much haha. mostly use 40w fender deluxe amp, but also have a 65 twin reverb that needs work.

    also play a korg ms2000 but doubt anyone knows what that is.

    Leave a comment:


  • Stephen
    replied
    Guitar

    A les paul and some other stuffs :D

    And Bass.

    But i know the basics in drums, and mandolin

    Then several failed attempts at keyboard, never stick with it along enough to really get it in my head

    Leave a comment:


  • Liam
    replied
    Originally posted by RobE30
    Thats a pretty good response. I'm surprised it took so long for someone to own up to playing skin flute tho;)
    Then there's the Single String Stand-up Meat Harp...

    Leave a comment:


  • Erik
    replied
    I play/ed violin for 6 years through middle and high school. I need to get that thing back out and keep playing it! I OWN a bass guitar that which I "play" every once in a while. I really need to learn the bass.

    Leave a comment:


  • RobE30
    replied
    Originally posted by Old'n'Slow
    Nice to see other players on here!

    I played pro in Nashville in the early '90s through 2000. Fiddle/violin mostly, some mandolin and guitar depending on the band. Toured with Reba McEntire, Aaron Tippin, Tanya Tucker, Brooks and Dunn, David Kersh, Barbara Mandrell and a few others like Jo-El Sonnier.

    Got real tired of the road burn, and now play with several original acoustic bands because I love playing with them. It's great to be able to make music without feeling like you have to in order to pay the bills.

    Also do the "legit" thing and play with several symphony orchestras as well....

    Ain't nuthin' but sump'n' to do......:D
    Wow. I played in a ska band in high school and "jam" w/ some friends every once in awhile. My thoughts for this thread were to possibly bring some "musicians" together and perhaps a few "jams". Nice to see that we have more in common than just the e30

    Leave a comment:


  • Slangbox
    replied
    Originally posted by Old'n'Slow
    Nice to see other players on here!

    I played pro in Nashville in the early '90s through 2000. Fiddle/violin mostly, some mandolin and guitar depending on the band. Toured with Reba McEntire, Aaron Tippin, Tanya Tucker, Brooks and Dunn, David Kersh, Barbara Mandrell and a few others like Jo-El Sonnier.

    Got real tired of the road burn, and now play with several original acoustic bands because I love playing with them. It's great to be able to make music without feeling like you have to in order to pay the bills.

    Also do the "legit" thing and play with several symphony orchestras as well....

    Ain't nuthin' but sump'n' to do......:D
    Wow good on ya' man.

    Leave a comment:


  • Old'n'Slow
    replied
    Nice to see other players on here!

    I played pro in Nashville in the early '90s through 2000. Fiddle/violin mostly, some mandolin and guitar depending on the band. Toured with Reba McEntire, Aaron Tippin, Tanya Tucker, Brooks and Dunn, David Kersh, Barbara Mandrell and a few others like Jo-El Sonnier.

    Got real tired of the road burn, and now play with several original acoustic bands because I love playing with them. It's great to be able to make music without feeling like you have to in order to pay the bills.

    Also do the "legit" thing and play with several symphony orchestras as well....

    Ain't nuthin' but sump'n' to do......:D

    Leave a comment:


  • E30SPDFRK
    replied
    Originally posted by Janderson
    I play a pretty mean washboard. I can also blow over the top of an old empty moonshine jug like nobody's business.
    Only in the summertime, right? When the weather is high?



    I have played the saxophone for 10 years. I'm trying to learn the piano and the violin but I don't really have much free time to practice.

    Leave a comment:


  • Slangbox
    replied
    Trumpet for 7 years and piano for 9. My Bach Strad cost more than my e30.

    Leave a comment:


  • RobE30
    replied
    Thats a pretty good response. I'm surprised it took so long for someone to own up to playing skin flute tho;)

    Leave a comment:

Working...