Anyone on here play musical instruments?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • BenM
    replied
    I played Flute for about 10 years (Ages 5-15), Bassoon for about 6 years (Ages 10-16) and I've been playing Electric Bass on and off for about 8 years.

    Leave a comment:


  • TwoJ's
    replied
    Oh, and I envy any of you that have skill on the piano. I really hope I have the time when I'm older to become good at it.

    Leave a comment:


  • TwoJ's
    replied
    Originally posted by RobE30
    That's really cool playing "Taps" @ your grandfather's funeral. I did a speech @ my grandfather's funeral and that was stressful enough.... I couldn't imagine having to play an instrument.

    Yeah, I was pretty scared to mess up. It was mostly just my close family at the burial, and they wouldn't have given a shit if i made an error, but I still wanted to nail it. I practiced it for hours the day to be sure it was like second nature. I also played it on my uncle's trumpet from when he was in middle school (about 40 years ago).

    Leave a comment:


  • AndrewBird
    replied
    Played alto sax all throughout school, but haven't really touched it since. I'd like to play it more often and get back into, but find myself spending my time on other things.

    Here is me in Japan playing with the swing orchestra:



    I'm the one on the end with the yellow shoe laces. We played Sing, Sing, Sing with Vanessa, the girl hula hooping, showing off her award winning skills choreographed to the music. At one point she had all the hula hoops on the floor being used at the same time.

    Leave a comment:


  • 416stroker
    replied
    Originally posted by rockchic22
    I'm the singer in my band.
    I recently swapped my Sennheiser e835 for a Sure Beta58.
    I also play guitar. I inherited a Fender Strat and a acoustic Takamine when I got married.
    I also have a vintage-styled Sure 55SH.
    I just picked up a set of drums too.

    My brother used to be in a band called Jamies Elsewhere.
    Not sure if you've heard of em... they are signed to Victory Records and they dominate Northern Cali.

    When did your brother play for them was he the old singer? They suck now. Every show Ive been to they sounded bad.

    Leave a comment:


  • trent
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by scabzzzz
    Whats up with old metal heads and terrible taste in shoes?
    Did Vans "skate shoes" from the 90's become the status quo?
    yea. they actually did. it went from docs to skate shoes. i normally wear my boots.

    Leave a comment:


  • andyman2487
    replied
    Been playing the trumpet since 4th grade....I guess that makes it 12 years now. I played jazz band all through middle/high school and 2 years of college jazz. It's fun to get paid to play. I mostly just reminisce about playing jazz these days and throw down some ska/reggae with my buddies every now and then. My weapon of choice is a Schilke S32 like this one, but in silver. I Love this horn.



    I picked up a Takamine Jasmine acoustic geetar last year just to dick around with, and to tell you the truth I enjoy playing it more than trumpet....more mellow. If only I had tried playing one 12 years ago haha.

    Originally posted by Bimmerman325i
    I just wish I had more time to play, schooling takes what time I have.
    Fuckin' A.
    Last edited by andyman2487; 05-28-2009, 09:56 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • RobE30
    replied
    Originally posted by TwoJ's
    I played the trumpet for about 10 years, and I was quite good at it. I wish I had stuck with it. But, it is somewhat like riding a bicycle, no matter how long you're away you can pick it up pretty quickly.

    My grandfather recently died, and my grandmother asked that I play taps instead of the soldier. I thought that was weird, but I sure as hell wasn't going to say no to her. It was eerie, but I was proud to be able to do that for her.
    That's really cool playing "Taps" @ your grandfather's funeral. I did a speech @ my grandfather's funeral and that was stressful enough.... I couldn't imagine having to play an instrument.

    Leave a comment:


  • scabzzzz
    replied
    Originally posted by trent


    THats right!!! In the backwards hat (with my Dean ML). Play guitar in a local metal who is currently auditioning drummers. My live rig can also be seen to the left (Mesa Rectifier setup)
    Whats up with old metal heads and terrible taste in shoes?
    Did Vans "skate shoes" from the 90's become the status quo?

    Leave a comment:


  • scabzzzz
    replied
    Im from Nashville motherfucker...BOOYAH
    Your one room looks like my entire house.

    Leave a comment:


  • trent
    Guest replied


    THats right!!! In the backwards hat (with my Dean ML). Play guitar in a local metal who is currently auditioning drummers. My live rig can also be seen to the left (Mesa Rectifier setup)

    Leave a comment:


  • Old'n'Slow
    replied
    Originally posted by lennon
    i play guitar. 1961 les paul sg cherry red with tremelo and original paf humbuckers, fender american strat, 2003 sg standard with humbucker sized p90s, a couple others that dont matter as much haha. mostly use 40w fender deluxe amp, but also have a 65 twin reverb that needs work.

    also play a korg ms2000 but doubt anyone knows what that is.
    Deluxe is such a nice little amp! I had a 64 Super Reverb that Ronnie at the Fender Custom shop went through when I had a Fender deal. That thing was the closest thing to "God in a box" I've ever heard, but it was too big to fit in roadcase and stuff on a bus, so I ended up with a 63 Deluxe for gigs. Eventually sold the Super to Vince Gill.

    As far as guitars, I'm down to an '89 American Standard Strat and a 1974 Les Paul Deluxe CSB "pancake body" with mini-humbuckers.

    Leave a comment:


  • Vrbovan
    replied
    I play Irish penny whistles and CF tuned Button boxes, I also play some Ancient Roman overtone base flutes... they're crazy.

    Leave a comment:


  • TwoJ's
    replied
    I played the trumpet for about 10 years, and I was quite good at it. I wish I had stuck with it. But, it is somewhat like riding a bicycle, no matter how long you're away you can pick it up pretty quickly.

    My grandfather recently died, and my grandmother asked that I play taps instead of the soldier. I thought that was weird, but I sure as hell wasn't going to say no to her. It was eerie, but I was proud to be able to do that for her.

    Leave a comment:


  • lennon
    replied
    Originally posted by e3o-master
    really good at guitar hero
    if there was a 'just say no to guitar hero' smiley it would be here

    Leave a comment:

Working...