Mark's Dining Guide: Part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jflip2002 View Post
    Manuels El Tepeyac was on Man V. Food. They have some huge 5+ lb burrito challenge, and even the regular burritos are over 2 lbs. Its supposed to be good, aside from being gigantic.

Good to hear about Phillipes, though. Everytime we leave socal, I always kick myself for not have visiting there.

Funny about Guy, though. He does seem like a nice guy, maybe even borderline cool. But theres just something (Mainly hes a fat slob, who chews with his mouth open) about him that I cant get with.
    I will check it out!
    I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

I almost forgot, we were there on Sunday evening at about 6PM, and parked there was a white E30 coupe with weaves and an is spoiler... clean ride.

Comment

I love DDD, i have like 50 of them on my DVR.

I have to say i'm sorry to hear schooner or later sucked. The biggest problem that piece of shit orange county has is the lack of a real fucking diner, not this chain shit like 'richies'
        Who doesn't love a little BBQ?
        Griot's Garage at a Deep Discount

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzen View Post
          I love DDD, i have like 50 of them on my DVR.

I have to say i'm sorry to hear schooner or later sucked. The biggest problem that piece of shit orange county has is the lack of a real fucking diner, not this chain shit like 'richies'
          Yeah, schooner was a let-down, especially after a 45 minute wait. Try Arthur's in Tustin... the closest thing to a diner with darn good food.

DDD has that many episodes already?

Comment

Update

Nickel Diner, Los Angeles. Featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives.
            My cousin and I arrived at noon on Saturday, there were roughly 20 people outside presumably on the wait list. We figured it be an hour before we were to be seated so we paid $5 for all-day parking at public parking structure across the street. We were pleasantly surprised when the hostess called my name less than ten minutes into the wait (we sat at a table with two other random guests, so that prolly expedited the process). I had the Patty Melt with the meat done medium-well. Hands down the best Patty Melt evah! The side of onion rings was an three out of five. I took home a bacon encrusted donut for my wife, and she said it was “great” (Nickel Diner gives all patrons a bacon encrusted donut hole as an appetizer, free of charge). I highly recommend this place!!

Slater’s 50/50, Anaheim Hills, CA.
            The same cousin sent me a link to a blog review for this restaurant. Their claim to fame is the 50/50 burger which is half ground beef and half ground bacon (I’ve never had that). I’ve been to Slater’s thrice, each time I ordered the same thing, the Thanksgiving Burger (served year 'round), which is a turkey patty with stuffing, cranberry sauce and gravy on squaw bread. Honestly, the way Slater’s seasons and cooks the turkey patty leaves me speechless. This may well be thee best meat I have ever had, bar none (yes, even better than fillets or New York strips at Morton’s, Ruth’s Chris, OC Mining Co, etc.)! I highly recommend the Thanksgiving burger place!!

Senior Nacho, La Crescenta, CA
            Across the street from TNG Automotive, this is one of the best burger stands around, IMO. The breakfast burritos have a perfect egg/refried beans ratio and the burger patties the best of this genre. Recommended!

Comment

DO this in Marin, and SF

KthnxBai
              [/url]

Team USA Wrestling 67KG
              Team USA Wrestling Strength And Conditioning Coach

Comment

actually if you want a better burger, come to the roaring fork in scottsdale. it is on scottsdale road and chaperral.
                3/4lb ground sirloin/porterhouse burger (they trim their own steaks then grind up the trimmings for the burgers) with a big assed grilled onion, thick slice of smoked sharp cheddar, 3 pieces fo thick cut hickory bacon, grilled green chili, and a chipolte mayo sauce, all for $7.99. i usually eat 2 of them, but am 1 of 3 people who can do 3 in 1 sitting. when i eat there people see me eat 2 and say "i hear that someone has done 3" then the bartender points to me and says "he's one of them!"

sit at the bar to eat, cool bartenders, pretensious customers, make 'em feel uncomfortable and show up in shorts and a t shirt.

also homemade jerky and party mix in huge bowls at each table and at the bar. awesome homemade vanilla ice cream. reverse happy hour with $3 call mixed drinks.

ROARING FORK, 4800 N Scottsdale Rd, Ste 1700, Scottsdale, AZ 85251, 1320 Photos, Mon - 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm, Tue - 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm, Wed - 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm, Thu - 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm, Fri - 4:00 pm - 10:00 pm, Sat - 4:00 pm - 10:00 pm, Sun - 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm
                seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by der affe View Post
                  actually if you want a better burger, come to the roaring fork in scottsdale. it is on scottsdale road and chaperral.
                  3/4lb ground sirloin/porterhouse burger (they trim their own steaks then grind up the trimmings for the burgers) with a big assed grilled onion, thick slice of smoked sharp cheddar, 3 pieces fo thick cut hickory bacon, grilled green chili, and a chipolte mayo sauce, all for $7.99. i usually eat 2 of them, but am 1 of 3 people who can do 3 in 1 sitting. when i eat there people see me eat 2 and say "i hear that someone has done 3" then the bartender points to me and says "he's one of them!"
                  that sounds fucking awesome!
                  '12 F30 328i Sport Line
                  '91 SpecE30 #523
                  '00 Ford F-350 Dually Tow Vehicle

BMWCCA #360858 NASA #

Comment

actually i am thinking about going there tonight after writing about them. it has been a few months since i have had a "BIG ASS'ED BURGER" from there.
                    seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by fiftytakedowns View Post
                      DO this in Marin, and SF

KthnxBai
                      Sponor me and I will! Have you been to Paizanos in Castro Valley?

Comment

Originally posted by der affe View Post

sit at the bar to eat, cool bartenders, pretensious customers, make 'em feel uncomfortable and show up in shorts and a t shirt.

also homemade jerky and party mix in huge bowls at each table and at the bar. awesome homemade vanilla ice cream. reverse happy hour with $3 call mixed drinks.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/roaring-fork-scottsdale
                        Argh! I was in Chandler less than a month ago!!!! I will go there next time. That burger sounds pretty dern good!!

Comment

Only been to 2 places featured on DDD here in the South:

Rivershack Tavern, Jefferson, LA- Just as good as on TV. Unfortunately both times we've been there the specials that Guy had were not being made that day. So far the "Shank-You" burger is my favorite: gotta love hot sausage on a burger.

The Shed BBQ, Ocean Springs, MS- Don't think its possible to leave hungry. Massive amounts of food! Its a must-stop for us when we head east on I-10. Best BBQ I've had in a while. Managed to go during the off-peak times, never had to wait for a seat of more than 15 minutes for our order to get to the table

Comment

Thai Food

Thai Gulf Restaurant
                            19072 Beach Boulevard
                            Huntington Beach, CA 92648
                            (714) 378-6005‎

The lunch specials are amazing in quality, quantity and value. For example:
                            • Green Curry (chicken or beef)
                              Salad, Soup, Entre w/egg roll and white rice, Thai iced tea, bottled water and ice cream for $6.95!!!!
                            • Combo Fried Rice with Shrimp, Beef and Chicken
                              Salad, Soup, Egg roll, Thai iced tea, bottled water and ice cream for $7.95!!!!
                            The chicken was real white meat, not the "what part of the chicken is this" kind of white meat. The beef was lean and tender... yum. The restaurant is tiny and the staff is overwhelmed, but it is worth the small hassle and wait. I insist you try this place... nay, I demand you try out Thai Gulf.

Comment

Working...
                            X