"Dragging ass"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scotaku View Post
    I'm going to have to side with the minority here and agree the woman behaved inappropriately. Discipline is one thing. Abuse is another. If this is what she's willing to do to the child in a public place, what happens at home in private?

I'm no spare the rod type, but I believe it is a parent's duty to be fully aware of their own emotions and to exercise control in a situation.

My parents spanked me when I misbehaved but it was after warning me and instructing me of how I should behave. When I didn't, I knew it was coming. Often I had to go get the paddle and then explain that I understood what it was I had done that had earned me a spanking.

Mom got angry once, grabbed the paddle, and smacked the back of our couch to get my attention that I was going to be punished for acting up. The paddle broke. Now this was no flimsy wooden spoon. It was Japanese bamboo, about 2' long, and shaped like a badminton racket, nice and light for washing rice. When Mom broke it, she realized she'd lost her temper and was in no frame of mind to discipline me. I got sent to my room instead and, from then on, I started losing privileges... which hurt a lot more than just a spanking.

I hope for this lady that being arrested wakes her up to her own self control issue. Maybe then she'll be able to shape the behavior of her child.
    You are exactly what is wrong with this country.

I got my ass smacked as a kid and it worked. Talk back and pop I got it. It was a choice I knew and made often. I chose to talk back bam. The child can choose to act up and get disciplined or the child can behave themself and everything is fine..... they are capable of thinking. So the mom doesnt discipline the child because they are in public? So that teaches the kid in public he can do as he pleases because mom cant do anything? Get lost. Imagine what she does at home? Prob the same thing....... you would have the kid in charge, and that is the way it is in most familys now because if the parents do anything they get arrested! Or even better yet are the parents who want to be the kids friends.

Complete B.S.

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
      You are exactly what is wrong with this country.
      thats a bit extreme...
      I thought he was being wisely moderate in his assessment of the situation. I personally would probably be a bit more forward but I don't think his post was unfounded. I too was disciplined physically as a child and it worked well IMO looking back. The idiocy comes when the people we put in charge of legislation try and cover EVERY base and make laws for the exception. Meaning most parents who discipline physically manage to keep it within a reasonable parameter. but there are those "adults" who take on the rigors of parenting without the mental capabilities necessary to discern those parameters and are willing to take it too far in a moment of heated emotion.
      Late model granitesilber 325i convertible FS:
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=293701

Comment

Nothing looked extreme to me in that vid, nor was there any evidence of abuse that goes on at home in private. Prob is all parents are viewed as extreme when they do any physical discipline just as the poster said "imagine". So that parent was just lumped in with all the irrational parents who cant discern the line between enforcement and abuse. So now everything is considered abuse... I used to drag my sisters like that and we thought it was fun. How that could be called abuse is beyond me..

And yes, it is that mentality, the "Imagine what goes on at home" they must be arrested that is wrong with this country.
        Last edited by naplesE30; 08-06-2009, 05:46 PM.

Comment

My parents took out their stress and anger on me with whippings.

I turned out fine.

My dad used to use leather belts, then one day I hid all his leather belts, and out came this dried bamboo stick with sharp thingies on it, man that was a mistake!
          R.I.P 07/01/09 - 04/23/10 :(

Comment

Originally posted by Scotaku View Post
            If this is what she's willing to do to the child in a public place, what happens at home in private?
            I was kinda thinking the same thing, if someone looked at the kid and he was all bruised up already, by all means arrest the bitch.

On the other hand,

Have you ever seen the little shits that are at malls. Kids freak out, start pouting, crying, and pounding their fists. What are you supposed to do pick the kid up and have him scream in you ear, punch and kick you? You wanna act like an animal you get treated as such. Now I'm in no way condoning beating your kids, but I really don't see this as being physical abuse.

Comment

Originally posted by 92 mtechnic cabrio View Post
              My parents took out their stress and anger on me with whippings.

I turned out fine.

My dad used to use leather belts, then one day I hid all his leather belts, and out came this dried bamboo stick with sharp thingies on it, man that was a mistake!
              lulz, I tried that too with my grandma once, hid all the belts around the house, out came the broom and she hit me so hard over the head it broke in half, that's Mexico though :D
              Youtube channel is up!-->According2Valentine

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
              If lucky, the E36 will die peacefully, in its natural habitat, and be given the prestigious honor of donating its parts to an E30
              Originally posted by J3M93
              This guy delivers, you are a boss

Comment

Working...
              X