waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswafflesization of America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswafflesization of America

Lets shit can the 2-a-days because of the recent outbreaks of heatstroke. Gheyyy.

+1.
    '89 325i track sloot
    '01 530i daily

-Enginerd

Comment

+2
      stephenbrody.com

Comment

football got a lot faster and lot more sophisticated. Players work a lot harder, and there's simply a lot more pure athleticism. And they're no planning to outlaw practices, they want to better monitor athletes from possible disasters.

How many of you ladies ever spent 10 hours a day in full pads in the middle of August? How many have done that 6 days a week? I'm lucky never to have ha da heatstroke, but I did dehydrate and pass out once. High school guys work their asses off and don't always know what's best. Having a monitoring system would be great, not to mention better help developing players. There's simply too much fatigue that players sustain, and that has detrimental effect on game and players performance in school.

Comment

I don't agree with doing away with 2 a days or making coaches be soft on the kids but these idiot homegrown highschoolfootballismylife coaches should be slapped upside the head. Denying kids water? Seriously? How stupid do you have to be. This isn't the military where you need to be trained how to handle a situation where you might not have certain amenities like water. Push the kids to the edge, make them handle a tough situation and make them men...but denying them water in the middle of summer is just plain retarded.
          sigpic

Comment

Bitches, helps sort out the weak.

edit: Just to confirm, glanced through the article, didn't catch anything about denying water! Hah HS football coaches can be real pieces of work. And as a long distance runner, I've had my experiences with dehydration. It ain't no fun.
            Last edited by FJ40; 08-21-2009, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aptyp View Post
              How many of you ladies ever spent 10 hours a day in full pads in the middle of August?
              I'm not sure, but I once played in a grueling tennis match that lasted 3.5 hours in the dead heat of August. It was exhausting, as there was no tiebreaker in the 5th set at this tournament. :(
              -OVULATOR (as named by jflip2002)

Past Cars: Schwarz 1990 325i-2 (crashed), Calypsorot 1991 325i-2 Sport (rear ended)
              Now: Blake-stitched mediocrity :(

Comment

I guess they must need more time for twitter.

Comment

Generally, I think most coahes and fitness "professionals" need to actually do some legwork before everyone trusts thier judgement on the physical fitness/abilites/etc. of others. They mostly seem to be hacks.
                  '89 325i track sloot
                  '01 530i daily

-Enginerd

Comment

fuck this shit america is going down the shitter

Comment

No. Young girls with loose morals will save us all.

Past Cars: Schwarz 1990 325i-2 (crashed), Calypsorot 1991 325i-2 Sport (rear ended)

Comment

I fucking hated double days

SC*AR

Originally posted by JamesE30
                        And with a car looking like yours I imagine the balance shall tip in the favor of insult, like a big fat fucking retarded fucking black girl on a see-saw, opposite... a dwarf.

Comment

Double days in what? Ballet?

Comment

Originally posted by pureaudio View Post
                            I don't agree with doing away with 2 a days or making coaches be soft on the kids but these idiot homegrown highschoolfootballismylife coaches should be slapped upside the head. Denying kids water? Seriously? How stupid do you have to be. This isn't the military where you need to be trained how to handle a situation where you might not have certain amenities like water. Push the kids to the edge, make them handle a tough situation and make them men...but denying them water in the middle of summer is just plain retarded.
                            Agreed. If coaches deny water breaks, well, they should be fired and prosecuted. It's the #1 reason for heat related injuries. Once they happen to a person, it is much more likely for them to happen again. Not good for the kid and not good for the team.

The military has actually taken a ton of flack for this. Except in extreme cases, they do not deny water to anybody. You are actually forced to drink even when you don't want to. If you start showing any signs of heat related symptoms, they plug an IV into you right then and there. I've seen it done many times. Heat casualties are casualties and you can't fight a war that way.

One of the great things about athletics IS the demands they place on you. A coach MUST be hard on his players to make sure they are physically fit to play (reduces injuries) and to make sure you get the most out of yourself. It is a building experience that helps you out for the rest of your life. But sanity must prevail. On hot/humid days, you are just going to have to back off and make sure every player is drinking enough. Having a medic on-station is not a bad idea either. Other than that, drive on.
                            1987 E30 325is
                            1999 E46 323i
                            RIP 1994 E32 740iL
                            oo=[][]=oo

Comment

2 a days - what real men are made of.
                              I had to do them, and just as the cnn article quotes, it helped build a strong bond with the team, helped build good rapport.....

and i got to crack the RB's/FB's foolish enough to run on my side of the field, lol. good times...
                              1991 325iC - Mauritsblau sumthin metallic blue. DEAD
                              1992 525i - Silber sumthin sumthin metallic- Rolling again, needs suspension/wheels/brakes/paint.... Fuck you A4S310R; BEAT YOU.
                              1989 325i - Cirrusblau Metallic sumthin sumthin-project - trying to clean up the interior(done), then the body, then a 5spd, then suspension, then..... - [Stolen :| ]
                              1991 325iC - Calypsorot Metallic
                              1994 540i - Granitsilber

Originally posted by scabzzzz
                              I've had blunts cock in my mouth, but I'm not gay.

Comment

Working...
                              X