ATTN: Columbus, Oh people with Conceal Carry permits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Optimator View Post
    Laugh all you want. When your pants are at your ankles, you're in a very vulnerable position. You never know if someone is going to quietly cut a hole in the drywall and come from behind with a garrote wire.
    ...blunt.
    Toyota Pickup

Comment

Originally posted by MikeK View Post
      ...blunt.
      Shouldn't you be snatching some pickled fish heads from a child's mouth with a pair of chopsticks like the ones with which Mr. Miyagi snatches houseflies out of the air to motivate Daniel-san to train hard for karate? Chop chop.
      -OVULATOR (as named by jflip2002)

Past Cars: Schwarz 1990 325i-2 (crashed), Calypsorot 1991 325i-2 Sport (rear ended)
      Now: Blake-stitched mediocrity :(

Comment

Laugh all you want. When your pants are at your ankles, you're in a very vulnerable position. You never know if someone is going to quietly cut a hole in the drywall and come from behind
        Fixed.
        $500, Diamantschwarz, and a Dream

Comment

Originally posted by wildstoats View Post
          Fixed.
          This maybe true at the gloryholes you visit, but really, I was speaking about the threat of being physically assaulted from behind. I don't care what you do to afford E30 parts, man.

Past Cars: Schwarz 1990 325i-2 (crashed), Calypsorot 1991 325i-2 Sport (rear ended)

Comment

This maybe true at the gloryholes you visit, but really, I was speaking about the threat of being physically assaulted from behind. I don't care what you do to afford E30 parts, man.
            But but ... M30 swaps are deceptively pricey
            $500, Diamantschwarz, and a Dream

Comment

That's true, especially when you have to order engine mount arms that never actually materialize.

Comment

maybe the OP is looking out for this guy

The Columbus Zoo and Aquarium was recently ranked the #1 zoo in America by USA Travel Guide.The Columbus Zoo and Aquarium is open 363 days a year 9 a.m. to 6...

Originally posted by vlad
                Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                  yes as a matter of fact it is. Unfortunately the govt has mandated that you cant have a means of protection on your person if you are in a Govt owned area. SO thats why he cant take it in, has noting to do with ruralness or just old feckers, it has every thing to do with taking responsibility for your own safety just like wearing you seat belt

Charlie: Unless I am miss understanding OH law, you would have to be in one of the buildings that serves the beer to be in violation. But since its a govt owned/operated facility its a moot point.

OP leave it a home or locked up in the car outta sight, I think we have established that
                  Originally posted by hot karl marx View Post
                  hes just asking, i dont see what the big deal is? use your constitutional rights or lose them, thats how I see it.
                  These two really sum it up....thanks to all of those who answered my original question....I like how 9 times out of 10 any question on this forum turns into an argument get a life guys.....

Comment

Originally posted by Joe318is View Post
                    maybe the OP is looking out for this guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqYZkB3X5y4
                    maybe the op is that guy

Comment

Sorry man any one and every one that I have ever meet or know of that carries on a Daily basis, hopes and prays every day that when the holseter that weapon and walk outta the house, that it never has to come out other than to put it away when you get back home.

I dont secretly hope I get to shoot some one ever, its not why 99.9999999999999999999% of the people that do carry every day do it. Its all about taking care of your self and protecting yourself and your family at all times as best to your ability, a gun is the best means to do that.

Is it likely to happen, not really but just ask one of the 2 million people every year that use a gun in self Defense fired or not how they feel about it. Or the fact that I am sure mine saved me, and I never had to show or draw it.

Originally posted by Old'n'Slow View Post

Thanks for admitting that it is unlikely. I think that's even an understatement! Carrying a weapon may seem proactive, but it is likely only to be used in a reactionary posture. And your odds of being in such a situation in most parts of the US (not to mention a zoo) are remote to say the least. Then again, my suspicion is that many people who carry weapons live with a desire to be there when something happens because they believe they could make a difference in the outcome. For all the factors necessary to come together to make that a reality is even more remote.

Originally posted by Fusion
                      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                      William Pitt-

Comment

Its all about taking care of your self and protecting yourself and your family at all times as best to your ability, a gun is the best means to do that.
                        I'd like to see some data that can support the premise that possessing a (hand)gun is the best means to protect your family.

While I do believe that a pump action shotgun is best for home use-make that "schlack-chack" noise, and any intruder now knows you are alerted, armed, and unlikely to miss-I can't find very any real evidence that leads me to believe that walking around armed offers anything other than "a safe feeling". Perhaps that is enough for many....

Is it likely to happen, not really but just ask one of the 2 million people every year that use a gun in self Defense fired or not how they feel about it.
                        I'm not sure what you are trying to say....

Or the fact that I am sure mine saved me, and I never had to show or draw it.
                        How can you know for a fact that the concealed gun you carried saved your life, without it being shown or drawn? Maybe it was your aftershave. ;-) I understand you feel like it was the difference, but where's the data? I could say I've never been attacked by a dog and I'm sure it was my never shown, never opened pocket knife that made the difference. Makes as much sense....

Comment

Originally posted by Old'n'Slow
                          I'd like to see some data that can support the premise that possessing a (hand)gun is the best means to protect your family.
                          A pistol is a great equalizer, and I am not gonna explain it again but heres a quote you need to think about and learn the meaning of, then you get my point "God created man, Sam Colt made them equal".

While I do believe that a pump action shotgun is best for home use-make that "schlack-chack" noise, and any intruder now knows you are alerted, armed, and unlikely to miss-I can't find very any real evidence that leads me to believe that walking around armed offers anything other than "a safe feeling". Perhaps that is enough for many....
                          Ok yes a shot gun is a better home defense choice, yes I have a rem 870 in the corner in the bed room. You keep it hot with one in the pipe (unless you have kids or company that my get in to it), You dont rack a round into the chamber "To Scare off" an intruder, that fucking noise is just a "Hey dip shit(s) I am over here come a shoot me". You know your home and have the element of surprise to your advantage, WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU GIVE THAT UP. Next there are about 2 million people in the US defend them selves with a gun each year and thats just the reported ones. Weather the perp sees the weapon and runs off to find an easier target with out a shot fired or those bad situations where some one had to fire.

How can you know for a fact that the concealed gun you carried saved your life, without it being shown or drawn? Maybe it was your aftershave. ;-) I understand you feel like it was the difference, but where's the data? I could say I've never been attacked by a dog and I'm sure it was my never shown, never opened pocket knife that made the difference. Makes as much sense....

Well I was approached at 5pm in the broad day light after work coming outta gas station from getting a pop, by several large ethnic men that made it abundantly clear "they were gonna fuck up a white boy" as they started to spread out and cut off any ways to run. Well I was about 25-30 feet from my truck but they were too close to me to bolt and try and unlock it (no keyless locks on that truck) so I tossed my pop in the bed of my truck, faced them and quartered my strong side away from them and put my hand under my sweat shirt on my pistol, with my support hand at my 2:00 holding the bottom of my shirt to pull it up and get both hands on my weapon as fast as possible while backing away to my truck as best I could in case there were more behind me that I never saw. I wanted something sold at my back that they would have to come around. well as I was telling them to back off and trying to get the attention of some one to call the cops, my defensive posture was enough for them to realize I more than likely had a weapon and that I was gonna fight back with force. I got the "Whoa MAN we dont want to trouble" line and then they backed off and left slowly.
                          Originally posted by Fusion
                          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                          William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by BillBrasky View Post
                            Pretty much everything has been said, just checking in as another Ohioan that doesn't understand the paranoia.
                            Ohio is a dangerous place! ;)

Originally posted by gazellebeigem3 View Post
                            use it or lose it, just like your weiner.

Fuck CC, just shoulder a rifle, then all the unruly minorities will think twice about trying to steal your fanny pack.

Seriously, if law-abiding citizens do not exercise this right, it will most likely disappear. That being said, I don't feel the need to carry my weapons around every day. There is a time and a place. I wouldn't be comfortable carrying a gun at the zoo. And a gun is not entirely necessary for protection - while in Bogota, Colombia (on leave and not carrying), I came across an attempted robbery which the DAS agent I was going for coffee with (again, off duty and not carrying) and I put an end to without difficulty. The would-be assailant emptied his weapon at the shopkeeper, who fired back until he, too, was out of ammunition. The ONLY person hit was the shopkeeper, who took one on the edge of his thigh. This exchange took place during mid-afternoon, and the shooters had about 8 meters between them. Moral of the story: most criminals probably can't shoot worth crap, especially with the heightened stimulus in such a situation. Most civilian gun-wielders aren't much better in a true combat situation. Moral #2: practice, and be sure you can shoot straight when your heart is going 150 bpm and you're pissing your pants because some whack-job is firing real live ammo in your general direction!
                            e30 x2 (1 cab) lotsa mods; e46 w/m3 front bumper + 330zhp suspension, e36/7 (z3) 3.0i :p

Comment

A pistol is a great equalizer, and I am not gonna explain it again but heres a quote you need to think about and learn the meaning of, then you get my point "God created man, Sam Colt made them equal".
                              I suppose if we all walked around with six shooters on our hips, that hoary old saying might be possible to still take seriously....

Ok yes a shot gun is a better home defense choice, yes I have a rem 870 in the corner in the bed room. You keep it hot with one in the pipe (unless you have kids or company that my get in to it), You dont rack a round into the chamber "To Scare off" an intruder, that fucking noise is just a "Hey dip shit(s) I am over here come a shoot me". You know your home and have the element of surprise to your advantage, WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU GIVE THAT UP.
                              Man, it sounds like you just can't wait to blow someone away! The whole point is to avoid the confrontation. You want the intruder to leave, because, in any case, the fact you recognized you have a possible intruder before he was standing over you with a gun gives you the upper hand. You know your house-he doesn't. Really-do want his blood all over your nice clean walls? You want your kids to see that and live with that? I don't! I want him to leave. Doesn't matter if you "hero up" and catch him. He'll be out in no time. And dear God man, what if it is NOT an intruder? It happens....

Next there are about 2 million people in the US defend them selves with a gun each year and thats just the reported ones. Weather the perp sees the weapon and runs off to find an easier target with out a shot fired or those bad situations where some one had to fire.
                              Please link to the data were you got that info. I'd like to read more about it. And, what does the weather have to do with it? :p

Well I was approached at 5pm in the broad day light......
                              This anecdote doesn't prove that the gun your pocket saved you! You could've accomplished the same thing with a pack of Twinkies! Your aggressive posture did it. You didn't mention whether they were visibly armed. Sounds like they weren't. Had they been brandishing firearms, what then? Think you can get them all before one gets you?

BTW, I'm not saying no one's ever been saved because they were packing. But you're still far more likely to die in a car crash. Why not run a roll cage, 5 point harness and a helmet on the interstate? You never know- it could save your life!
                              Last edited by Old'n'Slow; 08-28-2009, 07:04 AM. Reason: clarification

Comment

Working...
                              X