The Official R3V Getting A Ticket From a Motorcycle Cop Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Official R3V Getting A Ticket From a Motorcycle Cop Thread

Driving NB on 217 this morning, Honda passing me, I'm doing at least 70 car passing is going faster. Motorcycle cop pulls me over and says I'm doing 77 and I get a $437 dollar ticket, because it was in a posted work zone... I wanted to shove his stupid helmet up his ass.

Worst part was, he wasn't even riding a BMW he was riding a shitty old Yamaha. I hate those damn revenue generating ticket writing sons of bitches, I'm going to fight it in court. Maybe he won't show up, probably my only hope.

Anyways share your stories and rant about how much you hate Motorcycle cops!

Nio är livets tal.

So you were speeding and you got caught and now you blame the police officer who was doing his job?

I don't like cops half the time either, but when I'm in the wrong I take my lumps..
    sigpic
    Evolution of My E30 M3Recent PicsSC*AR

Comment

^What that guy said.

Boo fucking hoo. Maybe he would have let you out of the ticket if you had given him one of your famous handyjays.
      Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
      Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Can idiots you read? I was doing 70, getting passed by a Honda. I get a ticket for doing 77. I'd be totally fine with it if I got a ticket for doing 70. Enough said. And I'm famous for my BJ's.
        Last edited by JMil86; 08-29-2009, 10:44 AM.

Nio är livets tal.

Comment

Originally posted by CAOSyAMOR View Post
          So you were speeding and you got caught and now you blame the police officer who was doing his job?

I don't like cops half the time either, but when I'm in the wrong I take my lumps..
          3rded

But I do have issues with revenue generation as the sole reason for many laws (seat belt and helmet come to mind) and the over abundance of traffic cops out to just make money for the state and locality
          Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

I got a ticket.. over a grave offense, someone could have gotten hurt over my.... tint. Hooray for cops doing their job right. Either way, I just paid it, I don't give a fuck about fighting any ticket in court, I'm brown, 99% of the time they'll win.

And yes, it was a motorcycle cop
            Youtube channel is up!-->According2Valentine

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
            If lucky, the E36 will die peacefully, in its natural habitat, and be given the prestigious honor of donating its parts to an E30
            Originally posted by J3M93
            This guy delivers, you are a boss

Comment

If he clocked you while another car was passing you, perfect defense there. Trial by declaration and hit them with everything the internet has to offer.

I'm about to TbD a ticket on Monday. I don't really have much of a defense, I'm just hoping he doesn't remember/bother to fight it.

Comment

Originally posted by JMil86 View Post
                Can you idiots read? I was doing 70, getting passed by a Honda. I get a ticket for doing 77. I'd be totally fine with it if I got a ticket for doing 70. Enough said. And I'm famous for my BJ's.
                So you can confirm 100% you were only doing 70? You have calibrated your speedo recently then I take it?

Long story short you were speeding in a zone where people work and this is the number one reason why roadworkers are killed.

I have no sympathy for someone who comes on a forum and cries, especially when they have stories such as yours.

IDIOT - def:

n.

1. A foolish or stupid person.
                2. A person of profound mental retardation having a mental age below three years and generally being unable to learn connected speech or guard against common dangers. The term belongs to a classification system no longer in use and is now considered offensive.
                3. JMil86
                sigpic
                Evolution of My E30 M3Recent PicsSC*AR

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                  3rded

But I do have issues with revenue generation as the sole reason for many laws (seat belt and helmet come to mind) and the over abundance of traffic cops out to just make money for the state and locality
                  Once again I take responsibility for it! Yes I was breaking the law, yes I probably should have gotten a ticket, but no I was not doing 77, the car next to me was, and no I don't have $450 dollars to pay, which is more of what I was bitching about in the first place. That and the revenue generation, first of all has anyone ever been pulled over by a motorcycle cop and NOT been cited for something? Secondly Moto cops don't do anything but pull over cars and write tickets. That is what I have a problem with.

Nio är livets tal.

Comment

Originally posted by CAOSyAMOR View Post
                    So you can confirm 100% you were only doing 70? You have calibrated your speedo recently then I take it?

Long story short you were speeding in a zone where people work and this is the number one reason why roadworkers are killed.

I have no sympathy for someone who comes on a forum and cries, especially when they have stories such as yours.

IDIOT - def:

n.

1. A foolish or stupid person.
                    2. A person of profound mental retardation having a mental age below three years and generally being unable to learn connected speech or guard against common dangers. The term belongs to a classification system no longer in use and is now considered offensive.
                    3. JMil86
                    I pass a speed reading sign everyday on my way to work and it is always dead on, so I would pretty much say yeah I have. I don't even have the normal +10 mph that most BMWs read. And its a Saturday morning, no one was working there. I am a certified flagger, and construction worker, I have alot of respect for the people who do heavy construction such as roads. So don't even get me started on that. I have passed through this work zone several times, and I know where the work starts, it was in a "Posted Work Zone", not necessairly meaning that there is work going on in that area.

+1 for you knowing dictionary.com

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
                    If he clocked you while another car was passing you, perfect defense there. Trial by declaration and hit them with everything the internet has to offer.

I'm about to TbD a ticket on Monday. I don't really have much of a defense, I'm just hoping he doesn't remember/bother to fight it.
                    Man atleast someone is on my side on this one. Instead of arguing and being hypocritical about something because you can hide behind your computer screen and say whatever you want because its the internet. The truth of the matter is that you are going to bitch next time you get a ticket too.

Nio är livets tal.

Comment

These arguements get so old; over the same thing/concept.

OP, see if you can make the court date on the morning time you got the ticket, hoping he has to get off his shift to fight you.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
                        These arguements get so old; over the same thing/concept.

OP, see if you can make the court date on the morning time you got the ticket, hoping he has to get off his shift to fight you.
                        They get paid overtime for attending court. They don't for writing up a full report (i.e. trial by declaration).

Comment

At least I can say this is definitely the most successful thread I have ever started... Wow I suck. A lot.

Nio är livets tal.

Comment

I dont know about your states laws, but if no one was working it might not have been considered an "active" construction zone and the lower speed limit wouldnt apply...

best advice is lawyer up, traffic lawyers are like $100 and get you a lot. and I would rather pay the lawyer then the court any day
                            Now look, I am not evil. My loan officer said so.

Comment

Yeah, get a lawyer.

Oregon law states that no ticket given in a work zone can be lowered. Either you get it dismissed or you are paying the $435 or whatever the fuck it was.

Now leant the damn lesson and drive the fucking speed limit no matter what when you see the fluorescent witch hats.

GL
                              Luke

Closing SOON!
                              "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Working...
                              X