Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Customer service people. How do you hande "forum threats"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customer service people. How do you hande "forum threats"?

How would you deal with this? The guy is already pissed that we wouldn't ship the e30 suspension until his bank wire transfer cleared.

How can I fight back against his threat to "post it on all forums"?

Originally posted by [url
    www.4turbo.ro][/url]
    Good morning,
    I have clearly told you that the company name is 4M-Tuning but you made the invoice on 4Turbo. The suspension will come back to you because this company does not exist, is just a brand name. I want a refund as soon as the suspension arrives to you.
    I will write the entire story of this business and post it on all forums so all the people can see how you treat your clients and how slow you process your orders.
    Iustin Tintaru
    S.C. 4TURBO SRL – distribuitor autorizat:

Spaliul independentei Nr.290(Zona Regie), Bucuresti
    0747-176966, 0730-487846, 0769-181238
    Am I nuts? I don't see how anything could happened differently. He never did say that the company name was one thing and the "brand name" was another, I looked through every email, and there are many, including me sending pictures of the package so he doesn't think he's getting ripped off.

Note that nowhere in this email footer does it say "the company name", only the "brand name" including the website. And so this means a package has to be sent back all the way from Romania to the United States?

signed: Jay who works at Ground Control and this is his customer...
    Here is my photo gallery answering common questions about Ground Control Suspension, and e30 suspension problems in general.
    Ground Control Gallery

The Ground Control facebook page: Dragged, kicking and screaming into social media to see what happens next.
    Ground Control facebook page

You should beat him to the punch... much like you are doing right now.
    cars beep boop

Comment

I had great service from GC, Through emails and on the phone.

Comment

Just be honest, stand behind who you are, what you do, and what you offer. Believe me, people are not stupid and know that there are jerks out there but in time will 'separate the wheat from the chaff' so to speak.
        sigpic
        Evolution of My E30 M3Recent PicsSC*AR

Comment

Originally posted by CAOSyAMOR View Post
          Just be honest, stand behind who you are, what you do, and what you offer. Believe me, people are not stupid and know that there are jerks out there but in time will 'separate the wheat from the chaff' so to speak.
          agree.
          '12 F30 328i Sport Line
          '91 SpecE30 #523
          '00 Ford F-350 Dually Tow Vehicle

BMWCCA #360858 NASA #

Comment

If you sent this overseas and the company name is not correct then yes, that can cause issues clearing Customs. However, it is the responsibilty of the customer to inform you of his proper information to avoid this kind of problem.

When shipping overseas always ask very specifically for the customer's full name and address and GET IT IN WRITING.

Comment

You have a good enough reputation that you can weather this storm. If and when this guy decides to bad mouth you on the forums, just post the real story, and people will be smart enough to see through this.

SC*AR

Originally posted by JamesE30
              And with a car looking like yours I imagine the balance shall tip in the favor of insult, like a big fat fucking retarded fucking black girl on a see-saw, opposite... a dwarf.

Comment

If I were to receive such "threat", I would see even more problems in the future from a possibly weirdo person. You could be doing yourself a favour telling your "customer from hell", that you will gladly issue a refund right away and keep all the fees needed to cover your costs: shipping and handling. Unless he can prove he has properly mentionned all the shipping details. BTW with all due respect to any individual living in any country in the world, I doubt that his baby-cry in any Western forum will affect your reputation...

"Contact 4Turbo
                Bucuresti, Romania
                0730487846"

4Turbo is not a product name or a brand. It's clearly a company.
                Last edited by Massive Lee; 08-31-2009, 11:11 AM.
                Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Originally posted by Nygdup View Post
                  If you sent this overseas and the company name is not correct then yes, that can cause issues clearing Customs. However, it is the responsibilty of the customer to inform you of his proper information to avoid this kind of problem.
                  No shit. They're a distributer, not a fucking mind reader. They can't just guess who to address the package to, and GC is not going to know the specific shipping details of every t00ner in bum fuck Romania off the top of their head.

As far as countermeasures, most potential customers aren't completely stupid. But it never hurts to get a jump on them, which you obviously did.

Comment

This is why I won't sell retail & use an importer/exporter for ALL overseas transactions.

Comment

I have no problem selling and shipping oversea. Only before I ship, I ask a confirmation of shipping address. It takes a few extra minutes, but it is a safe procedure.

Lee

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Originally posted by quickervicar View Post
                        This is why I won't sell retail & use an importer/exporter for ALL overseas transactions.
                        Actually this did, his complaint is with the name on the invoice.

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
                        I have no problem selling and shipping oversea. Only before I ship, I ask a confirmation of shipping address. It takes a few extra minutes, but it is a safe procedure.

Lee
                        Address correct, going through a third party anyway because I refused to call it a birthday present or "product samples".

Now that I think back to THAT string of emails, this has really been a pain.

I will revise and email a new .pdf of the invoice to him with whatever the hell name he wants, and then the ball is in his court.

By the way, he approved of the invoice I sent him, including the "incorrect" name of the business right on the top.

Thanks for the ideas,

Jay
                        Last edited by Hellabad; 08-31-2009, 12:03 PM.
                        Here is my photo gallery answering common questions about Ground Control Suspension, and e30 suspension problems in general.
                        Ground Control Gallery

The Ground Control facebook page: Dragged, kicking and screaming into social media to see what happens next.
                        Ground Control facebook page

Comment

I've never purchased anything from GC, but wouldn't he have to enter all of the information in the checkout fields? If he entered it incorrectly the problem is his prerogative. Anyway GC is a very well known company, with from what I can tell, a spotless track record. Even if this guy decides to spread it all over forums, your good rep will pull through this.

Edit: if he keeps threatening you with slander, tell him you will report him for attempted tax evasion. Of course you won't, but it may scare him into keeping his mouth shut.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellabad View Post
                            By the way, he approved of the invoice I sent him, including the "incorrect" name of the business right on the top.
                            If your customer approved the invoice with the "incorrect" address, then the fault is 100% on his shoulders. Don't be shy to remind him about that

Lee

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Assuming Romanian Customs is similar to US Customs I can tell you that if the name on the invoice does not match the name of the importer he'll never get the goods in the country.

If McDonald's tried to import something and the invoice said "Big Mac, Inc." then US Customs would reject that request all day long until it was corrected. And while the importer is waiting on the correction to be made I'm sure some 3rd party warehouse is charging him storage on a daily basis, probably at a minimum charge of $50-$100 a day.

Once again, though.. this is all on him. He's responsible for making sure that invoice was correct beforehand.

Comment

Working...
                              X