75 in a 65?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shiftbmw View Post
    So wait, you were going over 75 and got a ticket, upon which he only wrote you up for 75? Now you're complaining because you were being an idiot?
    Quoted for being haterific. What a douche cop. You should have peed on him.
    Originally posted by PootieTang View Post
    fuck the police
    Comin straight from the undaground.

Nio är livets tal.

Comment

Originally posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
      Why were you there?
      Fresno St season opener?

Flying a buddies new ( 1950 ) Piper Clipper. He needs me to teach him how to fly it, hell I'd never flown one before last week.:D

Comment

FYI- 10 is usually the magic number.
        Originally posted by Simon S
        When a dream is a dream for too long - it becomes a fantasy..

Comment

Originally posted by Mtriple View Post
          Usually try to hit 9 over if I'm tryin to get somewhere in a hurry. Sometimes go faster...

Nio är livets tal.

Comment

I usually run about 10 over on the highway, and I have yet to get hassled, which is amazing because my last three cars (including my current one) were all red BMWs.
            As long as you don't drive like an aggressive douche-canoe you won't draw too much attention (and po-po) to yourself.
            Last edited by RainierHooker; 09-06-2009, 07:34 PM.

1984 Hennarot 325e - 1990 Brillantrot M3 - 1938 Buick Special Business Coupe

Comment

I usually do 10% over, I figured thats probably the margin of error on radar equipment

Comment

80 on my speedo has been GPS verified to be about 75 (shorter tire), so I'll usually cruise at about 75-78 indicated and about 5-10 over indicated around town.

But I still juice it up every onramp, even with an M50 in the trunk. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Mtriple View Post

This normally correct, you can up the number a bit if it's open road with low traffic that is moving quickly with little speed differential between cars/lanes. You can lower it if you are doing a lot of lane changes to get through traffic, from the CHPs view coming up in traffic behind you it's like standing on your seat through the sunroof waving a big red flag as you go down the highway.

Comment

honestly i was just zoned out with cruise control on in the far left lane goin 75. i really don't see why i got nailed but oh well, i'll just challenge it.

92 White Mtech Vert

Comment

honestly i was just zoned out with cruise control on in the far left lane goin 75. i really don't see why i got nailed but oh well, i'll just challenge it.
                      keep right pass left? 75 in a 65 in the far left lane in jersey is slow-poke city. passing lane = 80mph at least. not sayin thats what i do, but thats how it goes. you can get pulled over simply for not keeping right and riding in the left.

i knew a kid in high school that got pulled over for going 27 in a 25. no ticket thank god...
                      Originally posted by blunt
                      i called my 17 yo paperboy "sugartits" in a christmas card 3 years ago. he never came back and im not joking.

Comment

Originally posted by Chachi View Post
                        keep right pass left? 75 in a 65 in the far left lane in jersey is slow-poke city. passing lane = 80mph at least. not sayin thats what i do, but thats how it goes. you can get pulled over simply for not keeping right and riding in the left.

i knew a kid in high school that got pulled over for going 27 in a 25. no ticket thank god...
                        yeah cali ain't like that, everyone crowds the left. when i was driving no one was on it, i always move over if people wanna pass

92 White Mtech Vert

Comment

yeah cali ain't like that, everyone crowds the left. when i was driving no one was on it, i always move over if people wanna pass

No only the idiots crowd left, folks like me stay as right as possible and get passed by CHPs when I'm doing 80, hell I got followed for almost 20 miles once by a CHP motorcycle breaking 110 a few times and never had to talk to the guy. You got a wake up call for being brain dead.

Comment

haha 5 over dont sweat it they will prob mark it as improper equipment unless you have priors you also could get a Prayer for judgement dont worry i got a 88/55 and i beat it thanks to my lawyer

Comment

What basis do you have to challenge a speeding ticket, when you were in fact speeding?

I'll be the first to say, hey 10 miles over the limit may not be very fast... but its still, over the limit. What makes you think they'll toss it?
                              alexw
                              (2) E30 tourings - sold, E30 M3 - sold, 89 325ix sedan, 91 318is slicktop
                              Wisconsin Members!- Join WiBimmers.com, Wisconsin's BMW community.

Comment

Originally posted by alexw View Post
                                What basis do you have to challenge a speeding ticket, when you were in fact speeding?

I'll be the first to say, hey 10 miles over the limit may not be very fast... but its still, over the limit. What makes you think they'll toss it?
                                +1

like most of r3v he's unemployed and the man owes him something
                                Originally posted by george graves

Are you kidding me? That nerd doesn't even know how his dick works, let alone a car.

Comment

Working...
                                X