• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi I'm Abdu and I'm a PC.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by shiftbmw View Post
      "Fix my computer" and "hook up my xbox" are entirely different ballgames...

And I don't recall explicitly calling the guy a loser...but then again I guess I don't have to call you a douche for you to sound like one either...
      Fair enough.
      cars beep boop

Comment

OP: having worked in IT for over a decade, i know exactly where you're coming from- but the thing is, if people knew how to do this stuff themselves you'd be out of a job. you can suck it up, or get a degree in something else...
        past:
        1989 325is (learner shitbox)
        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
        1985 323i baur
        current:
        1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Here maybe this will help:

I don't expect most people to know what one is either. But if I told you that you are looking for something called the "MAC Address" would you ask me if the "IP Address" if what I was looking for? It is like someone asking you to go grab a 17mm wrench and then you finding a 19mm and then asking them if the 19mm is what they needed. Obviously not, if they needed a 19mm wrench they would have said 19mm not 17mm. At the most base level it is just matching. Something we all learned in preschool. Even if you didn't have a clue what a MAC Address is you should be able to match the characters on the screen that spell out the phrase "MAC Address" and realized that "IP Address" does not match.
          I don't think that asking people to remember one acronym and one word (that I told them to remember not 15 seconds ago) and then find the corresponding phrase on their screen is asking too much. They don't need to know what the technical difference is between an IP Address and a MAC Address they just need to find the values that I specified.
          I definitely would not have asked if he were talking about the IP address. If i had been asked to procure a MAC address I would have just merely stated, "and where can that be found" if I had no idea what he was talking about.
          haha, you mean the "skills" to follow simple instructions?

im pretty sure this rant is more about young people who cant listen or follow instructions.
          all of this
          $500, Diamantschwarz, and a Dream

Comment

Me- "Take the CD out of the disk drive.
            Idiot on the phone - "thats the cup holder, right?"
            Enter the Internet!

Comment

mackintosh = great apple pies
              "I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death."
              -Patrick Henry, n.d.

Comment

Working...
              X