No announcement yet.

Mouthbreathers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

remember your typical xbox online player has all of about 20 brain cells left from the constant drinking and yelling of the word "bro" to other "bros" about how "brotastic" the last game of halo went...
    Now look, I am not evil. My loan officer said so.

Comment

I don't really think this is ridiculous. This is just a typical rant about morons. Much akin to the ones posted by 90% of everyone else in OT. And being ignorant myself, I definitely would not have asked if he were talking about the IP address. If i had been asked to procure a MAC address I would have just merely stated, "and where can that be found" if I had no idea what he was talking about. And the comments about the state of applicants to systems of higher education here in the states is really very sad. Not too far off base IMO. OP, I can dig it.
      Late model granitesilber 325i convertible FS:
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=293701

Comment

Originally posted by wildstoats View Post
        Don't get the wrong idea. I'm certainly not going to flip out on some kid because he doesn't instantly know how to find his MAC Address. I am more than happy to help them along, especially considering how deeply it is buried in the Xbox menus. I just think it's amusing that most people I talk to see IP Address and assume that is what I am talking about when I just told them it was the MAC address that I needed. I guess the word "Address" throws them off.

Edit:
        And of course, since I posted this rant 4-5 people have called wanting to register devices that have all had their MAC Addresses ready for me. Mmmm, crow, it tastes delicious, haha
        wouldn't it be printed on the bottom of the xbox? it's usually right on the device, no need to go through a bunch of menus. but then MS isn't exactly known for sticking to standards. :p
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

No, it's buried. It's kinda easy to find if you know where to look, but for most people, they would probably never find it just browsing through the menus.

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
          Originally posted by DTM190
          "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

I am pretty forgiving when it comes to asking people to find stuff they would normally never use, like a MAC address. iT IS WHEN i SEE AN EMAIL LIKE THIS AND THEY TELL ME THAT THEIR SHIFT KEY IS BROKEN THAT DRIVES ME INSANE. No you numb skull, your caps lock key is on. These are people who are 30 and under who couldn't have graduated college without a basic understanding of computers yet can barely function in the work place.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pureaudio View Post
              I am pretty forgiving when it comes to asking people to find stuff they would normally never use, like a MAC address. iT IS WHEN i SEE AN EMAIL LIKE THIS AND THEY TELL ME THAT THEIR SHIFT KEY IS BROKEN THAT DRIVES ME INSANE. No you numb skull, your caps lock key is on. These are people who are 30 and under who couldn't have graduated college without a basic understanding of computers yet can barely function in the work place.
              somebody called me once because their laptop keyboard was "broken" - it would randomly type numbers, /*-+ signs, etc. their num lock was on.. lol
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by shiboujin View Post
                FYI MAC addresses are unique identifiers. your IP address changes, your MAC addresses is "hard coded" into your network card. There is a theoretical overlap but for the most part, your network card has 1 MAC address and it never changes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAC_address

thats only kind of right. I can spoof to any mac address I want very easily.
                Originally posted by george graves

Are you kidding me? That nerd doesn't even know how his dick works, let alone a car.

Comment

Originally posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
                  To be honest, asking if it was the IP address would've been my first question also.
                  The rational being that sometimes there are different names for the same thing. I remember looking all over the place for a special cord I needed for school (I forgot what it was called), and when I went into one store, they said it was just an Ethernet cable.
                  Same thing, just a different name.
                  Was the weird name for it Cat 9?

///B///M///W///

Comment

Originally posted by Vethen View Post
                    I have no idea. I forgot, I want to say it was like a T-13 cable or something like that but I really don't remember.

SC*AR

Originally posted by JamesE30
                    And with a car looking like yours I imagine the balance shall tip in the favor of insult, like a big fat fucking retarded fucking black girl on a see-saw, opposite... a dwarf.

Comment

Originally posted by Vethen View Post
                      Probably Cat 5, or if he has gigabit, maybe Cat 6. Cat 9 doesn't exist for most intents and purposes.

As for MAC addressing, most everyone I know knows what that is, but the average college student probably does not.

Comment

Originally posted by wildstoats View Post
                        No you fucking dolt, if I wanted you to find your IP Address I would have told you to give me your fucking IP ADDRESS. Seriously, are universities that hard up for cash that they will take any troglodyte that manages to spell their name even close to correct on the application? Oh don't worry Timmy, 70% of the letters is close enough, and feel free to abbreviate your last name, that is graduate level work at our fine institution. Here is your standard issue bong and case of cheap beer, go have fun! And don't even get me started on this assinine system that requires any networkable device that doesn't have the good fortune to posess a web browser to be registered manually by a human being.

/rant off

Hey man, not everyone has the skills or ability to work at best buy. :bow: Cut us "commoners" some slack...
                        sigpic
                        "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by shiftbmw View Post
                          Hey man, not everyone has the skills or ability to work at best buy. :bow: Cut us "commoners" some slack...
                          This is the goddamn attitude I hate. The whole "ha ha you are a loser... can you fix my computer?". Fuck you and your perfectly content ignorance.
                          cars beep boop

Comment

I dont speak computer, so i have no idea what any of you are saying.

1992 BMW 325iC
                            1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                            1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                              This is the goddamn attitude I hate. The whole "ha ha you are a loser... can you fix my computer?". Fuck you and your perfectly content ignorance.

"Fix my computer" and "hook up my xbox" are entirely different ballgames...

And I don't recall explicitly calling the guy a loser...but then again I guess I don't have to call you a douche for you to sound like one either...
                              sigpic
                              "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by shiftbmw View Post
                                haha, you mean the "skills" to follow simple instructions?

im pretty sure this rant is more about young people who cant listen or follow instructions. not to mention its a skill (computers) that these people should have. there are computers EVERYWHERE, might as well make friends and know how to use them a bit.
                                Now look, I am not evil. My loan officer said so.

Comment

Working...
                                X