No announcement yet.

Another good flick: "Traitor"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I enjoyed Traitor; it was definitely a different perspective on the individual challenges of all parties. I would more readily call myself a conservative but my personal politics were not offended by any jab at the US in the story. If anything, I took away a feeling of sadness for those Muslims whose faith has been perverted into a rationale for violence.

Don Cheadle was fantastic and this role cemented my opinion of his as a genuinely great actor. He is absolutely convincing as a devoted Muslim and sincere patriot caught in the middle. Said Taghmaoui was brilliant as well despite his typecasting. He phrases the call to jihad correctly, in the heart and mind, though his character does not fully understand that those are the true battlefields. Guy Pearce was good but less believable, particularly in the closing scene which I found a little condescending to Cheadle's character. I blame this on the script more than Pearce' acting or the direction from behind the camera. Imho, the movie could have ended well without it as Cheadle's Samir is already inexorably scarred for the things he has done in his life on screen.
    - Sco

Keep Our City CLEAN & SAFE Do Your Part

Comment

Working...
    X