Remember 9-11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember 9-11

Remember the past people. 8 long years ago there was an event that changed America. Take a minute to take a look back and remember why we are where we are now.

Some people believe that the 9-11 event was terrorists. While some believe is was our own government. Put that aside and realize that lives were lost regardless of motive.

Take some time out of your day to share your 9-11 experience.

I was In study hall watching TV when everything was interrupted. I saw the whole thing go down on TV. when the second tower came down I was in shock. I just could not believe what I had just seen. It was so shocking that it felt fake.

We have not seen shock like that because our own citizens have volunteered their lives to defend our country. So, to all you enlisted men/women out there.

It does not matter if you mop the mess hall or fire a tank, Thank you.
    Enter the Internet!

7th grade, going to second period math class, lots of commotion in the hallways followed by shock and silence upon seeing the second plane hit the towers on the television. The teachers were saying that we needed to clear the hallways and get into a classroom (any classroom) immediately. Not much of us knew what to think at the time, it all became clear hours later when my family and I were huddled around the evening news.

Let's try to keep this thread clean guys, no opinions or anything that will cause controversy.

9.11.01. Never forget.
    - Trey

E90 325i/6 (ZSP, ZPP, ZCW)
    E36 325i sedan
    E30 325i sedan
    Volvo 945T

Comment

I was in accounting... they played the news broadcast over the intercom, it seemed like the whole school was silent. When the the second plane hit, people were reaching for cell phones and random bursts of crying rang from halls and other classrooms. I remember driving home from class and gluing my eyes to the TV.

NEVER FORGET.

Comment

I was in school, second period of my high school day when news of everything filtered through the halls. I can remember that it was the first time I had literally ever seen the school basically shut down with everyone still inside. There were no lessons, there was no one goofing off, or taking advantage of the situation. As many TV's as the school had were turned on and everyone just watched in utter disbelief and silence until it was time to leave to go home.

When my brothers and I arrived home (I'm the oldest of three siblings), my father took us immediately to Newark, NJ to one of the many hills in the city that overlooks the Manhattan skyline. I saw the smoke, I saw the loss of two of the greatest buildings in American history. There were tons of people doing just the same, standing there, taking in what would be the largest event in the last half century. I would never wish something like this to happen, but I felt the importance of seeing it firsthand, and understanding what had just occurred to our country.

I personally knew two people that lost their lives on 9/11. The collapse of those buildings not only changed the lives of the families that lost loved ones, the buildings collapsing changed the lives of America, all of us.

I wish for all of the men and women in overseas combat safe passage and a return home to the people that love them. I thank them for their efforts and hope that someday, those efforts will not be necessary.

Matt

Comment

Never forget that your own government did this to your own people. Not some pseudo terrorists. Also don't forget that your own government is now over seas bombing the fuck out of these so called terrorists. I feel very sorry for the ones who were sacrificed on that terrible day, but that was what it was. A sacrifice. Please don't automatically believe all of the propaganda that is bombarding you guys and ask yourselves why this happened in the first place. How else could the government get the country to back them into invading Afghanistan and then going into Iraq. My heart goes out to those lost on this day and I find comfort that one day the true terrorists will be brought to justice.

Comment

Originally posted by TDE30 View Post
            Let's try to keep this thread clean guys, no opinions or anything that will cause controversy.
            Originally posted by Ogden325i View Post
            ...the government...
            - Trey

E90 325i/6 (ZSP, ZPP, ZCW)
            E36 325i sedan
            E30 325i sedan
            Volvo 945T

Comment

I was walking to work and saw smoke coming out of one of the towers. When the second plane hit complete fear took over. All transportation out and into Manhattan was shut down. I had to walk over the 59th street bridge to Queens to get back home. While walking over the bridge with thousands of people you did not hear a sound or a spoken word. The only sound you heard were cries of babies and adults. It was comforting to see strangers helping each other that day.

Comment

Never forget that your own government did this to your own people. Not some pseudo terrorists. Also don't forget that your own government is now over seas bombing the fuck out of these so called terrorists. I feel very sorry for the ones who were sacrificed on that terrible day, but that was what it was. A sacrifice. Please don't automatically believe all of the propaganda that is bombarding you guys and ask yourselves why this happened in the first place. How else could the government get the country to back them into invading Afghanistan and then going into Iraq. My heart goes out to those lost on this day and I find comfort that one day the true terrorists will be brought to justice.

Take your conspiracy theory bullshit somewhere else.

Comment

i was EDIT: 11 y/o in the 6th grade when it all happend, i was watching it on the news before i left to school and watched it the rest of the day at school!
                  RIP!

Comment

I saw it happend

I was traveling on NYC subway (#7 line, elevated tracks) going to attend my 9.00 am class In Queens, I was late that day and everyone in the subway car was looking out the windows and I thought "WTF is going on" and looked through the window. By then I could see smoke coming out from the first tower, this is when I saw the second plane was zooming towards the second tower............
                    Couldn't witness the jet crash on the tower as the subway hit the station.
                    Got into the uni cafeteria and everyone was glu to the TV screen to find out what's going on.
                    I went to a store and got a disposable camara and took some pics of scene as it seen from Queens. I will upload those tonight.
                    [All the Bronzit haters]

Comment

I was in 9th grade English when the announcement came on. The principal merely said, "Something terrible is happening. Turn on the news."

It was surreal. Everyone was silent and no one knew quite what to do. I'll never forget that day, or the fear and helplessness that I felt.

I'm a fucking moron
                      Get out.
                      Originally posted by LJ851
                      I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

Wow some of you R3V guys are closer in age to me than I though...I too was in 6th grade when I heard it. I was in woodworking (EAD) and we just heard of one crashing. Being stupid 11 year olds we thought it was hilariously idiotic for somebody to accidentally crash into a building. Then of course when we learned the true nature behind it all left everybody shocked.

I have an aunt that worked in the South tower. She had that day off, of all days, to an ultrasound for her first daughter. She was on the line with one of her best friends/coworker when she watched in horror as the south tower collapsed and the line died. Being pregnant and having that happen, my aunt was in a depressed slump for a while which brought it home to my family a bit more than others.

SC*AR (Schwarz Army)
                        No longer stock ride height, rolling as low as a daily driver in New England should without worrying about breaking an oil pan. :up:

Comment

Originally posted by chadthestampede View Post
                          I was in 9th grade English when the announcement came on. The principal merely said, "Something terrible is happening. Turn on the news."

It was surreal. Everyone was silent and no one knew quite what to do. I'll never forget that day, or the fear and helplessness that I felt.

Get out.
                          Perhaps when you reach puberty you maybe able to think with a clear mind. I don't think that it is me that you should be upset with. I had nothing to due with these attacks or should I say demolition.

Comment

Perhaps when you reach puberty you maybe able to think with a clear mind. I don't think that it is me that you should be upset with. I had nothing to due with these attacks or should I say demolition.
                            ban, and not just for talking shit on this day but also for being canadian and not knowing how to spell "do"
                            sigpic

Comment

I was walking out the door to go to work. I seriously thought the whole world could explode at that moment, I called in (like everyone else) then proceeded to drive into the heart of LA to pick up my then GF from her college because she was worried there could be some sort of nuclear or other attack on the other coast.

Regardless of ^^^, I'll never forget, and I'll be telling the grandkids about it, like my grandparents told me of JFK.

Comment

Working...
                              X