Radar Detectors in Europe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by transatlantic0207 View Post
    good info....I thought I was the one who noticed that they have subarus & bimmer bikes....and yes they do FLY after you if you're speeding. They're not @$$es though like they have a tendency to be here!
    Well if you are going crazy on the highway, they will go after you.

1992 BMW 525iT Calypso
    2011 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

call the hotel and ask them if they can receive a package for you, most will depending on size. If so ups the thing, shouldn't take long to arrive.

Comment

I wouldn't bother. The roads in Italy are craptacular.
        2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
        95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
        98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
          I wouldn't bother. The roads in Italy are craptacular.
          I have to politely disagree. Some of the most wonderful roads I've driven are in italy (around genoa)... also.. stelvio pass?
          Build Threads:
          Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Originally posted by s0urce View Post
            So I'm leaving in a few hours to Italy. I'm renting a car when I arrive there and I was planning on taking my Valentine1 Radar detector. I decided to check on the laws for possession and use of radar detectors in Various Countries in Europe.

Heres what I found:

Possession and use of radar detectors in Europe

The possession and use of radar detectors is legal in the following European countries:

Italy

Bulgaria

Norway

Romania

Albania.

The possession of a radar detector is perfectly legal in the following European countries, but use of one is banned:

Spain

Germany

Denmark

The Netherlands

Latvia

Lithuania.

The possession and use of radar detectors is prohibited in the following European countries:

Belgium

France:hitler:

Switzerland

Austria

Luxembourg

Sweden

Turkey

Hungary

Slovakia

The kicker is I have a 5 hour layover in Paris, where possession of a radar detector is illegal. What do you guys think about traveling with this in my checked baggage? Will customs search my checked luggage and confiscate the v1, or do you think they'll just pass it on through to my connecting flight to Bologna?

Anyone have experience with this?
            In Sweden they would probably literally saw please unplug that, and let you go. My friend was throwing glasses at a wall in a bar in Norway and they just asked him to go to the other section of the bar and stop. Didn;t even kick him out.
            Useful info, thanks.

Nio är livets tal.

Comment

Originally posted by Julien View Post
              I have to politely disagree. Some of the most wonderful roads I've driven are in italy (around genoa)... also.. stelvio pass?
              Well, North-west Italy has great scenery but terrible road quality (and drivers...); that's what I was getting at. The area around Verbania has horrid road surfaces.

I didn't make it to Stelvio when I was there but I did do the San Bernardino pass. That's a great road....but is in the Swiss side. Road quality is significantly better once you cross from Italy into Switzerland...it's really noticeable.

The scenery and twistiness is amazing on the Italian roads. I was saying the road surface itself is what sucks.
              2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
              95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
              98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                Well, North-west Italy has great scenery but terrible road quality (and drivers...); that's what I was getting at. The area around Verbania has horrid road surfaces.

I didn't make it to Stelvio when I was there but I did do the San Bernardino pass. That's a great road....but is in the Swiss side. Road quality is significantly better once you cross from Italy into Switzerland...it's really noticeable.

The scenery and twistiness is amazing on the Italian roads. I was saying the road surface itself is what sucks.
                I'm between Modena and Bologna right now. The roads here are far superior to those in So. Cal. Tiny as hell, full of twisties, well paved and very scenic. I'm in love with this place.

I got a Fiat 500, really slow, but a blast to drive in the twisties!
                tasty

Comment

Hide it up your arse when you go thru customs.

Comment

Update: A Pagani Zonda F just flew past me in Modena. Such a hot fucking car.
                    tasty

Comment

hide it rectally

Comment

Working...
                      X