Anyone in Norfolk or Virginia Beach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone in Norfolk or Virginia Beach?

So I guess I'm moving to virginia beach. keeping my apartment in buffalo, will likely be back here often.

anyone from that area? I'm curious about the bicycle scene. Skateboarding as well. I find most of my friends are from skating or bikes, so those 2 are the big ones. Also curious about hockey (ice, no roller. pick-up, league, whatever).

Also; bar scene. Hate clubs. Like shitty dive bars with girls in skinny jeans.

I'm guessing I'll have to go to Norfolk to get most of what I want (it's only 10 miles from where I'll be living). So that's cool, whatever I don't mind driving.
    Originally posted by blunt
    can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

You'd be better off in Richmond. Va beach is full of two things, sailors and sailors. I lived there for a good while, and spent most of my time skating at the skatepark of va beach, and richmond.
    Yours truly,
    Rich
    sigpic
    Originally posted by Rigmaster
    you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

I was in Newport News (just north of VA Beach) for about a year. It was more or less, meh...
      It wasn't too bad but I never found a very thrilling time.
      As long as you aren't military (I am) you should do well, a military-haircut is pretty much an automatic turn off for any woman in the area.

1984 Hennarot 325e - 1990 Brillantrot M3 - 1938 Buick Special Business Coupe

Comment

Weekend pub. Newport News.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
        This is the internet. Just make something up.

Comment

My buddy has a house in VA beach I'm going to be staying at, so I'm kind of committed there.

I don't mind driving a bit to find something cool. I'm selling my bbs' (too flashy) and I got m contours I'm painting black, plus I'm getting an alarm, so i won't be as worried about theft.

I'll skate parks if that's all there is, but hopefully that will be a liaison to finding people who can inform me of spots. Any skate shops down there that could maybe assist in that?

any bicycle scene down there?

I'm expecting to travel to norfolk frequently btw
          can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

idk if it helps but skating is big in richmond...about a 2 hr drive

Comment

Just a warning, having moved to the area from eastern PA. The cops are nuts. I have never seen so many in my entire life. In Va Beach, they're very strict. I'll just leave it at that. I got out of Newport News. Nice parts, very ghetto parts. Oh and if you are used to the norm being 10 over, hahahahaha. Get ready, main roads marked 45 in town? Prepare for 35 quite often. The driving will drive you crazy. People coming to a stop on the on ramps, crusing under the speed limit in the left lane. Rubbernecking.

The tunnels are a major headache. Rt 64 W backs up daily around above the Jefferson Ave exit.

On the plus side, the summer is real long and the winters are pretty mild. If there is the threat of snow, the whole place shuts down (literally...Va Beach had an anticipation of snow day last year...). The outer banks are like <2 hrs away from Va Beach.

EDIT: Oh and I have found that if I am trying to head north, what has worked out for me is to leave after about 6 and head up 64 to 295 to 95 to Rt 17. From there you can weave your way through Pa. Just gotta avoid DC like the plague.
              Last edited by havand; 09-22-2009, 05:53 PM.

Comment

heh. I'll probably bring my snows, since I'll likely drive back for the holidays. That will be cool, drifting around vacant streets without sliding uncontrollably like those crazy snow scared southerners

Comment

vadriven.com

for the local scene

*first post?*

edit:

yep, first post.
                  2008 335i - n54b30
                  1991 318i - m52b28
                  1994 fzj80 - LAND CRUSHER

Comment

i'm on there, same username

Comment

if your into the hippie stuff..

The Edgar Cayce wisdom has been transforming lives for nearly 100 years. Explore Cayce's readings, connect with your spiritual community & attend events.

got a massage at thier health center .... it was great ...

Comment

i've just moved to richmond and used to skate alot, but i dont know where any free parks are in Richmond. any help?
                        sigpic
                        1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                        1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                        1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Working...
                        X