Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bidding on Ebay. Have a question.

Ok so heres the deal.
    There was an Auction on EBAY. Started at 650 with 25.00 shipping and no reserve.
    I contact the guy to ask him a little more about the item he was selling and he said he had an offer of 775.00 shipped and if it didnt reach that by the time he got home he was going to end it for the person who made the offer.
    I was like ok whatever. I can always find another one so its not a big deal if I get outbid on it.
    I put my max bid in at 750.00 with the 25.00 shipping. Someone else bids over me and the price is now 760.00 with them winning and there bid.
    at the last minute they retract there bid and now my max bid is at 750.00 with the 25.00 shipping.
    Seeing how if that person didnt bid I would have won the auction at 675.00 shipped.
    To me I think it is shady and I would rather not deal with the guy. Is there a way that I can get out of this? Do I contact ebay and show them the emails with him saying this stuff or do I just pay it and move on?
    Would like a second opinion on this before I move along.

{ok after trying to contact ebay it seems like its a big run around to even get in touch with them}

ok, So the guy who outbid me is a new member, this was the first time he bid, he bid more then once on the item I bid on to outbid me.
    Then he retracted. So to me I think something is going on...

Comment

The guy selling the item is "schill bidding" is what I think ebay calls it. He made another account to jack up the price of the item. It's against the rules of ebay and illegal and I highly doubt you are obligated to pay full price for the item. Get ahold of ebay and explain and they will most likely help you out as well as probably suspend the guys account.

Comment

don't pay and contact ebay

or get pills for schizophrenia so you stop bidding against yourself

Comment

Contact ebay, but also think about it from another angle "I put my max bid in at 750.00 with the 25.00 shipping".
          Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

haha yeah no shit, I sent an email to the guy explaining that I felt shady business was going on.

ok so I have a few questions to ask. I know you said earlier that you wanted 775.00 shipped for this or you wasnt selling. So I put in my max bid at 750 plus the shipping. If I got outbid I wasnt worried about it since you already said you had another buyer for 775 shipped. I just think its kind of weird how a new ebay member bid on it and bid more then once to outbid me and then they retract there bid at the last minute because they entered the wrong amount. Then my max bid is bumped to 750 with the 25.00 shipping. So to me that sounds a little shady. So since you already said you had someone willing to pay 775 shipped you should just offer it to them or retract my bid and resell it. as Im not willing to pay any more then my original 675 shipped bid.
            If its a big deal then I will just contact ebay to have my bid removed instead of going through you. I wouldnt of sent this if I didnt feel something shady was going on.
            Hope we can work this out.
            Thanks
            Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
              Contact ebay, but also think about it from another angle "I put my max bid in at 750.00 with the 25.00 shipping".
              Yes BUT, My bid would have never reached any higher then 675.00 shipped if the other guy didnt bid and retract.
              When going through some stuff on ebay for that listing it says that the bid that the person who bid against me was retracted because they entered the wrong amount. I find that hard to believe when that person bid more then once to beat my price..

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
                Given, but who the fuck wants to do business with someone who does shit like this? It's pretty cut-and-dry what happened here. I'd feel the same way.

Mike I would just go straight to ebay if the buyer doesn't offer it to you at $675 shipped (doesn't sound like he will). Do everything you can.

Out of curiosity, what was the item? M50?

Comment

No not an M50, I will PM you.

Comment

It's schill bidding.
                    You can contact eBay and see what they will do, I don't know if you have enough proof though, but they will definitely look into it.
                    If he uses that account again to do schill bid, they'll suspend his account.

SC*AR

Originally posted by JamesE30
                    And with a car looking like yours I imagine the balance shall tip in the favor of insult, like a big fat fucking retarded fucking black girl on a see-saw, opposite... a dwarf.

Comment

Awsome I will be contacting them after I wait for his reply to my email and go from there.

Comment

good luck.
                        http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

The last last few auctions that "I lost" the seller miraculously gives me a second chance offer. This usually proves that the seller is shady. If I do find something that I want to buy, I put my max bid in and stick with it. If I get outbid I'm sure something similar will come along. eBay has gone from bad to worse.

Comment

Originally posted by ACMF74 View Post
                            The last last few auctions that "I lost" the seller miraculously gives me a second chance offer.
                            Which most likely proves he tried to outbid you under another nickname, hoping you would raise the stakes, which you didn't, so he's caught with his own bid.
                            Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Get a phone number and talk live.
                              sigpic
                              New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
                              %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Working...
                              X