Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FBI arrests Jordanian for downtown Dallas bomb plot...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FBI arrests Jordanian for downtown Dallas bomb plot...

Hosam Maher Husein Smadi was arrested Thursday after he parked a vehicle laden with government-supplied fake explosives in the underground parking garage of Fountain Place, a 60-story tower in the 1400 block of Ross Avenue at North Field Street, authorities said.
    The sting culminated in Thursday's arrest after Smadi parked a 2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac, supplied by the FBI, in the garage of the emerald-green glass office tower that is home to many businesses, including a Wells Fargo Home Mortgage office.
    Ok, wait, what??? So a 19-year old e-Jihadist who lives in the sticks is talking shit on basically an extremist version of r3v starts to get enticed by the feds, is provided a government vehicle with goivernment fake explosives and voila, the fight for terrorism prevails? Alrighty...

Gives a whole other meaning to busy work IMO. Someone told me if not the feds than someone else with real explosives but really, you really think so?

Maluco, did you know that the constitution gives us all the right to bear arms and can not be infringed? This is another case of the government overstepping its bounds.

I'm not sure how it works for Jordanians, but Americans have the constitutional duty to threaten the government with weapons when they don't get their way.

Comment

wtf... I'm lost.

What's this fbi supplied schnanigans?
      1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

Comment

Originally posted by ragged325 View Post
        I'm not sure how it works for Jordanians, but Americans have the constitutional duty to threaten the government with weapons when they don't get their way.
        If you don't know the difference between a downtown office tower full of civilians who work for the government vs. a military installation, then you really shouldn't be talking about armed revolt. You don't seem to really understand the Constitution.

Originally posted by SamE30e View Post
        wtf... I'm lost.

What's this fbi supplied schnanigans?
        It's called a sting operation. The guy posted on several websites that he wanted to "destroy American targets." The Feds put together an undercover operation, supplied him with fake explosives (which he thought were real), then he deposited them at the base of a 60-storey office building in downtown Dallas and tried to detonate them. They arrested him.

This is an example of the Feds doing their job.
        sigpic
        1987 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16: Vintage Racer
        2010 BMW (E90) 335xi sedan: Grocery Getter

Comment

Ahhhhh, no one said it like that.

gotcha
          1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

Comment

He got set up by the FBI. He thought it was legit, and did everything he thought he needed to to kill a lot of people. What if the FBI sold some guy who posed as a drug dealer some powdered sugar, and arrested him when he tried to sell it to kids on the street.

Both intend to do bad things, we ar just lucky it's the FBI putting them in a sting, and not a true threat.

Originally posted by Emre View Post
            This is an example of the Feds doing their job.
            +1
            '89 325i track sloot
            '01 530i daily

-Enginerd

Comment

blurring the lines of entrapment once again

ApexRaceParts.com - Facebook - Twitter

Comment

Sooooo....you would rather have him do it "right" next time?

If this is entrapment, then I'll let the FBI entrap all day long.

Comment

hey! ^ is the stig!!!!
                  sigpic
                  1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                  1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                  1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Originally posted by quickervicar View Post
                    Sooooo....you would rather have him do it "right" next time?

If this is entrapment, then I'll let the FBI entrap all day long.
                    no shit. the libs would rather have a bunch of people killed and then whine how the fbi did nothing to stop it. yet they try to shackle their hands so they cant do the job of protecting us. fucking retards
                    We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
                    www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Supposably:

1. The undercover agents tried to 'talk him out of it" in order to keep from blurring the line.

2. It was a 5000 pound car bomb.
                      Here is my photo gallery answering common questions about Ground Control Suspension, and e30 suspension problems in general.
                      Ground Control Gallery

The Ground Control facebook page: Dragged, kicking and screaming into social media to see what happens next.
                      Ground Control facebook page

Comment

Originally posted by ragged325 View Post
                        Maluco, did you know that the constitution gives us all the right to bear arms and can not be infringed? This is another case of the government overstepping its bounds.

exactly what the fuck do you know about the constitution except that your fuckhead president is trying to re write it?
                        We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
                        www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

I've got a good friend who works in the HS dept. of FBI. His job is hard enough without the whole entrapment trap to avoid.

Comment

Originally posted by blunt View Post
                            no shit. the libs would rather have a bunch of people killed and then whine how the fbi did nothing to stop it. yet they try to shackle their hands so they cant do the job of protecting us. fucking retards

Word up.

Let the people who know their shit do their jobs.

No one was "Set up" or "Entrapped"
                            sigpic
                            1988 5 spd.Cabrio/Lachs Silber/Black Leather/123k/Dealer Serviced & Maintained by both PO's
                            Clarion DXZ785USB HU, BBS Wheels, Leather e-brake handle & e-brake boot, Mtech 1 Wheel, Maplight Mirror, Performance chip, Rear Headrests.
                            Previous E30: 1986 5 spd. 325es/Delphin Gray/Black Leather/191k

Comment

Ok so you have someone buying a gigantic bomb, saying he wants to put it in a government building. The person then places the bomb in the building, and attempts to detonate.

Who the fuck cares if that's entrapment or not, he was clearly trying to blow that build up. Even if they told him yeah this is gunna be sweet, blow that shiz up, and handed him bombs, he's still guilty. It was his choice even after he got the explosive weather to put them in a building or drop em off a boat.

Comment

Working...
                              X