wood grain in cars

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ThePotsy
    replied
    Originally posted by lennon
    haha, that says it all right there. i would hardly consider those materials "beautiful". i dont think many would argue that wood is more attractive than those.
    Don't get me wrong, I think wood is beautiful as well, I just find aluminum and carbon fiber to be beautiful as well.

    And pudding.

    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder by the way.

    Leave a comment:


  • scabzzzz
    replied
    Being green is teh new hotness. That shit is comin back I guarantee it.

    Leave a comment:


  • lennon
    replied
    haha, i just love to argue, right? i really do love wood (i work with it all day) in the car or anywhere else. it does look tacked on in most cars that have faux-wood trim pieces though. my knob is great though. ive seen lots of 02s with various woodgrain alpina pieces that look great. of course slabs of it on the door, dash, etc are silly.

    Leave a comment:


  • lowlightbw
    replied
    Originally posted by lennon
    haha, that says it all right there. i would hardly consider those materials "beautiful". i dont think many would argue that wood is more attractive than those.
    youre all about judging appearances tonight;). I think what the OP is judging is the contrast between wood and metal. I agree. it looks awkward in most modern cars.

    Leave a comment:


  • Conki
    replied
    Wood is beautiful, I love working with it, I love looking at it, I love it around the house. However, I don't think it belongs to a car... I agree with you Rennsport, I feel ya, never liked wooden steering wheels and other wooden parts in cars.
    Brushed aluminum is more like it:)

    Leave a comment:


  • lennon
    replied
    Originally posted by ThePotsy
    Carbon fiber, brushed aluminum
    haha, that says it all right there. i would hardly consider those materials "beautiful". i dont think many would argue that wood is more attractive than those.

    Leave a comment:


  • e34john
    replied
    Originally posted by ThePotsy
    Carbon fiber, brushed aluminum, pudding.
    I think carbon fiber is ugly, if it wasn't for the weight and strength no one would use it unless they want their cars to be fuhraze.

    Leave a comment:


  • e34john
    replied
    I do in jaguar vanden plas and other cars like that.

    The dark bamboo looks pretty nice in new BMWs. But that is a slightly modern building material. I hate shifters and steering wheels made out of wood though, leather is fine for those pieces unless your in a boat.

    Leave a comment:


  • ThePotsy
    replied
    Originally posted by lennon
    try to name another.
    Carbon fiber, brushed aluminum, pudding.

    Leave a comment:


  • lennon
    replied
    i made a great mahogany shift knob. wood is the most beautiful material. try to name another.

    Leave a comment:


  • Red88
    replied
    I have woodgrain in my car instead of the passenger side mirror adjuster delete thing. Why, you ask? Well, I was bored one day in woodshop, and felt like making it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Rennsport
    started a topic wood grain in cars

    wood grain in cars

    I've never understood the attraction of wood grain anything in cars post-1980.

    I just don't get it. With all of the other modern materials wood just looks out of place, especially shift knobs and steering wheels.

    who likes it and why?
Working...