The Porsche thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    Seeing Jerry Seinfeld & Bruce Canepa just casually chatting in the paddocks was a weird moment...
    I've never been more struck than I was in that very moment. It was surprising to see how laid back everyone was about Seinfeld standing right in front of them!
    C6Z
    S2K
    VeloN

Comment

Just combed thru 50 pages of restoration / build of a real 914/6 with GT updates...

Click image for larger version

Name:	post-10742-1362790489.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	7180227

Name:	post-10742-1330662548_thumb.jpg
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	7180228

Name:	post-10742-1331178318_thumb.jpg
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	7180229

Name:	post-10742-1351992642.jpg
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	7180230

Name:	post-10742-1402375701_thumb.jpg
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	7180231

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
        Just combed thru 50 pages of restoration / build of a real 914/6 with GT updates...

Link?

EDIT: Here is a link to over 2000 RR 5 photos.

Last edited by LJ851; 09-29-2015, 06:19 PM.
        Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
        The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
          Link?
          looks like Socalandy's build

914World.com is the fastest growing online 914 community! We have it all, classifieds, events, forums, vendors, parts, autocross, racing, technical articles, events calendar, newsletter, restoration, gallery, archives, history and more for your Porsche 914 ...

Im a big fan of 914's and was rooting for the one that was building a big lead in the Weissach Cup at RR5. A taildragger caused a yellow flag and his lead was gone. He managed to maintain his lead until about 5 minutes to go in the 30 minute race when he got sideways and the 911 took over and took the lead. I was bummed. I was rooting for the black sheep

edit: remembered that I took a few pics with my own camera before the madness all began. Ban avoided! :finger:

This thing was so clean, and with a Recaro baby seat sitting shotgun nonetheless

No big deal, just a 2.7RS

another beauty, viper green I believe

sneaky E30 is sneaky

;D
          Last edited by 2mAn; 09-29-2015, 10:34 PM.
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Yep, that's the guy. Some nice metal work.
            914World.com is the fastest growing online 914 community! We have it all, classifieds, events, forums, vendors, parts, autocross, racing, technical articles, events calendar, newsletter, restoration, gallery, archives, history and more for your Porsche 914 ...

I would like to find an unrusted (ha!) roller and build a GT with steel flares and a 3.0SC. Do everything right - oil cooler, fiberglass bumpers, Bosch lights in the nose... Shells used to be cheap, and suddenly the 911 price rush is affecting 914s as well. But everything you touch on that project is $1000....flares? $1000. Oil tank? $1000. Set of used Fuchs? Way over $1000. Used SC motor in decent shape? $5000.

Loren, what is that photo of? A 956 / 962? <EDIT>...nope, it looks like maybe it's an open cockpit...?

2man - the silver RS is sweet. The one with the rack reminds me of this one in Classic Porsche magazine....

Name:	30Cover.jpg
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	7180249

Name:	Tom911-08.jpg
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	7180250
            Last edited by LateFan; 09-30-2015, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
              EDIT: Here is a link to over 2000 RR 5 photos.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/swapmeet...ion5/Page1.htm
              DEAR GAWD! That's like having a whole barrel of chocolate pudding - it's SO good, but you can only take so much.

EDIT - Page 14, photo 40 of 210....what is that mid-engined, tube-framed thing?
              Last edited by LateFan; 09-30-2015, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Loren, what is that photo of? A 956 / 962? <EDIT>...nope, it looks like maybe it's an open cockpit...?

Pretty sure it's a 917/30 .

EDIT: Judging by the paint, i believe this is the car.

DEAR GAWD! That's like having a whole barrel of chocolate pudding - it's SO good, but you can only take so much.

Haha, so true.

Have no idea what the mid engine car is
                Last edited by LJ851; 09-30-2015, 09:40 AM.
                Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

So little head protection / restraint in those cars....and 1000hp, yike.

Comment

Yep, it's a 1973 917/30, the car that made Can Am racing "boring" because this car completely obliterated everything else. It was capable of 1580HP, but had to be limited to 1100 for racing, 0-60 in 2.1, 0-100 in 3.8 and onward to 240+. It also held the speed record at Talladega at 221MPH, which stood for over 2 decades. IMO, the most insane race car ever built.
                    C6Z
                    S2K
                    VeloN

Comment

Yep, that's the guy. Some nice metal work.

I would like to find an unrusted (ha!) roller and build a GT with steel flares and a 3.0SC. Do everything right - oil cooler, fiberglass bumpers, Bosch lights in the nose... Shells used to be cheap, and suddenly the 911 price rush is affecting 914s as well. But everything you touch on that project is $1000....flares? $1000. Oil tank? $1000. Set of used Fuchs? Way over $1000. Used SC motor in decent shape? $5000.

2man - the silver RS is sweet. The one with the rack reminds me of this one in Classic Porsche magazine....

[ATTACH]100987[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]100988[/ATTACH]
                      my feelings exactly......who woulda thunk 914 prices to sky rocket..man the 911 world is on fire...I bought a 70 T in 04 for like 12k.....every1 thought I was raped.....sheesh.

but a hot flared 914 w/ a 3.o in it...........yessir...now thats a 50 k car ez....
                      I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Originally posted by CarsonE30 View Post
                        I've never been more struck than I was in that very moment. It was surprising to see how laid back everyone was about Seinfeld standing right in front of them!

car guys are car guys......if I was next to a 911RSR and Jerry.....I might look at jerry for 10 seconds..then move on..lol..now if it was Sofia vergara...Id need more than 10 seconds..lol
                        I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Originally posted by JRKOUPE View Post
                          but a hot flared 914 w/ a 3.o in it...........yessir...

Name:	O #2 Museum.jpg
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	7180261

Name:	71 Sebring 9146GTsn914.043.0691.jpg
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	7180262

Name:	Orange 46 on road.jpg
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	7180263

Name:	O 914-6 GT rear.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	7180264

In good company at Monza 1971..

Name:	71 Monza pits rain.jpg
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	7180265

Comment

Originally posted by JRKOUPE View Post
                            car guys are car guys......if I was next to a 911RSR and Jerry.....I might look at jerry for 10 seconds..then move on..lol..now if it was Sofia vergara...Id need more than 10 seconds..lol
                            Makes sense, just caught me off guard that people weren't rushing up to him to take pictures and fir autographs and stuff like that
                            C6Z
                            S2K
                            VeloN

Comment

Originally posted by CarsonE30 View Post
                              Yep, it's a 1973 917/30, the car that made Can Am racing "boring" because this car completely obliterated everything else. It was capable of 1580HP, but had to be limited to 1100 for racing, 0-60 in 2.1, 0-100 in 3.8 and onward to 240+. It also held the speed record at Talladega at 221MPH, which stood for over 2 decades. IMO, the most insane race car ever built.
                              i grew up watching donahue, hulme and others race trans am at laguna seca in monterey california.

insane is a really apt description, the cars are/were crazy fast. I heard but can't confirm that the car pictured could go 0-100 and brake to 0 in less than 6 seconds. mind blowing and a blast to watch race on a circuit like laguna seca against all the other makes. best racing i've ever seen.
                              “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                              Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

This happened north of Toronto last week. How the hell do you roll a Porsche???

Apparently the driver was some princess from Toronto following her boyfriend in a Porsche as well. He made the corner, she didn't. This is the result:

Estoguy
                                1986 BMW 325, Alpenweiss ~ "Elsa"

Need a photographer, come visit my site: http://estoguy.wix.com/unique-perspectives

Comment

Working...
                                X