The Porsche thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
    The fixed roof of the Cayman keeps the homo out. Nothing wrong with chassis on either one. I'll never own a 911 targa or cab for the same reasons.

Poking fun at boxsters is like poking fun at miatas, you just can't help it but they are damn fun to drive.
    That was seriously funny:) ... and true from my perspective. Awesome engine build by the way. We will see if your G50 is up to the task.
    87 BMW 325e Black
    09 BMW X5 48i Alpine White
    13 BMW 640i Gran Coupe Mineral White Metallic
    11 Porsche Cayman S Arctic Silver

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
      The fixed roof of the Cayman keeps the homo out. Nothing wrong with chassis on either one. I'll never own a 911 targa or cab for the same reasons.

Poking fun at boxsters is like poking fun at miatas, you just can't help it but they are damn fun to drive.
      Exactly my point. They share the same solid chassis. Respect the game..

Comment

Why do so many people bash the Boxter S? It pulls better g's than the Cayman variant does. Yeah it's a soft top but it IS still all P-Car... Well VW now ;)

I witnessed / drove one of the first 968 3.4L C2S swaps in '01 when I used to sell them, and it would've killed Carrera sales had Porsche done it then. It would really kill everything if you swap a GT2RS motor in say... a Spyder.
        Rich!

Comment

Originally posted by 11SportWagonX View Post
          We will see if your G50 is up to the task.

I'm using a 915 gearbox from '83 although i have upgraded the axles to the beefier late 915/G50 ones. The gearbox is certainly the fuse in the drivetrain, but my 915 is a low mileage LSD unit and i respect it's "character".

Great shots from Sebring by the way!
          Last edited by LJ851; 01-07-2013, 09:18 AM.
          Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
          The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
            Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Too lazy to search the thread to see if anyone reposted this. 964 by Singer Design

-Alex

Comment

Steering with the right foot, and sweet double clutch action

2:48 is probably my favourite moment... passes a dude on the outside with about 180 degrees of opposite lock on the wheel.

And a shot of him from the outside laying rubber into Eau Rouge...

Last edited by Bullet Ride; 01-07-2013, 10:52 AM.

Comment

^Damn

Comment

Have always been a fan of the four-season..

..er, wait.. sorry - wrong thread..
                    -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

Originally posted by Bullet Ride View Post
                      Steering with the right foot, and sweet double clutch action

Nice find Bullet, that dude is gettin' it ! Beautiful sounds as well. Mmmm,mmm
                      Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                      The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

grain of salt:p

http://https://youtu.be/H8gOAzYchAE:ot:

Comment

Last edited by 11SportWagonX; 01-09-2013, 05:48 AM. Reason: I'm stupid.
                          87 BMW 325e Black
                          09 BMW X5 48i Alpine White
                          13 BMW 640i Gran Coupe Mineral White Metallic
                          11 Porsche Cayman S Arctic Silver

Comment

Originally posted by MAXELHOFF View Post
                            i actually have this video, or did, somewhere in my house. my dad has a few 356's. my brother and i would watch this all the time back in the day. so sick!
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=267166
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=380488

Comment

Originally posted by 11SportWagonX View Post

I have owned a couple 911s and I prefer the engine in the middle. I also think these lines look better. My dream car would be a GT3 equivalent Cayman. If Porsche doesn't offer one in the next few years... I will turn this into one.

I didn't see any other Caymans posted so I eagerly await the hate... bring it on. :D
                              Smartest man here on r3v.
                              06' Black Cayman S

71' Agave Green 2002

10' Silver Landcruiser

Comment

Here's my two pos cars. The cayman is the dd and the m3 is the "track car" that hasn't been tracked in months now.

06' Black Cayman S

71' Agave Green 2002

10' Silver Landcruiser

Comment

Working...
                                X