The Porsche thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diegom6 View Post
    Don't do it, keep the M3. If for one reason need to sell eithe rmy 993tt or the e30 M3, I would sell first my 993tt, not that I don't like, I love it, but there is somethign in my M3 that catch my attention more. Keep saving and working more to afford the 993, or make more space to park it next to your M3:p
    your 993 is EXACTLY what I want. arena red turbo.
    btw, you have the most amazing cars

Comment

Was speaking to a 911 import/exporter I was working with. Told me the Germans are buying back all their 911's. He says Cali has all the good 911s left that arent roached out.

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
      DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Originally posted by E30_Pare View Post
        Was speaking to a 911 import/exporter I was working with. Told me the Germans are buying back all their 911's. He says Cali has all the good 911s left that arent roached out.

Tis true, lots cars going over there. I just sold my old 911 trans to germany. Cars around here don't really rust either and we are not that far from shipping ports so it's convenient to ship back to the motherland.
        Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
        The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

In the early nineties I read in either R&T or C&D that more than half the Porsches in the US were registered in OC. Kinda mind boggling when you think about it...
          I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

Thats crazy. He told me they go for a premium when the germans come to check out cars. So he's been moving a lot of cars out of CA.

DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Thats crazy. He told me they go for a premium when the germans come to check out cars. So he's been moving a lot of cars out of CA.
              please PM me his contact info, such as a website. cheers. ;)

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
              1983 Peugeot 505 STI
              1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
              2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

oh no website. He's private. Only works with high dollar clients...

DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Still love this car.. So sad he selling it.

DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Originally posted by oliver.r View Post
                    your 993 is EXACTLY what I want. arena red turbo.
                    btw, you have the most amazing cars

Thanks!:p

I have read this somewhere in the net as well, that many Porsche aircooled are being repatriated to mother land, not sure why and many germans are paying top dollar for the mint 911's. Perhaps I should hear a nice offer for mine wich has some tastefull optional from factory (almost all the Turbo S goodies) and 30k miles (49,800 kms) on the clock and totally stock :pimp: ...but thinking well, I rather keep the car since it's the only survivor 993tt in my country:crazy:
                    Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

Originally posted by diegom6 View Post

I have read this somewhere in the net as well, that many Porsche aircooled are being repatriated to mother land, not sure why and many germans are paying top dollar for the mint 911's.

From what i understand it mostly has to do with climate. Germany has (i am told) a climate similar to Michigan here in the US so cars rust and also are generally used more than in the US. Low mileage rust free cars are just not that available over there.

The shipping company i dropped my trans off at charges about $900.00 to ship a small to midsize car to Germany, full of fluids, drive it into the container with a title and two forms to sign. Easy.

It is MUCH more difficult and expensive to get a car into the US.

Last edited by LJ851; 08-08-2013, 09:03 AM.
                      Lorin

The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Lorin

The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Lorin

The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
                            The shipping company i dropped my trans off at charges about $900.00 to ship a small to midsize car to Germany, full of fluids, drive it into the container with a title and two forms to sign. Easy.
                            Wow..it costs more than that to ship a car across the US on a truck.

(Nice 917 pic)

Comment

Yeah I'm shipping my 911SC from LA to Antwerp right now, the container cost $995, the insurance $430. They quoted me $680 to truck in from Phoenix to LA. I just drove the car there and went to a strip club. I'm missing it badly though, still waiting for a ship in LA since the beginning of July.

Comment

anyone know where there are more pics of this car? Like the actual car no computer generated pic or model car

#100 Team Kunimitsu Advan Porsche 911 964 RSR Turbo

a few pictures i have

Last edited by Deltron Dirty30; 08-09-2013, 12:38 AM.
                                Originally posted by HarryPotter
                                not to be racist but i've had multiple african americans comment on how they love my car. I've seen pics of e30's rolling through africa with at least 15-20 africans on them with ak-47's. WILD. its in the african blood. Hope this wasn't too racist, forgive me as I am intoxicated.
                                Instagram: @jstnlws

Comment

Working...
                                X