No announcement yet.

The Porsche thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

geez....just look at those IROCS.....wow.

most of the 'merican racers HATED them!
    I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Yeah, so this stopped by the shop today...only one of my favorite cars of all time, '87 Ruf CTR. If we were to get into semantics it wouldn't qualify for this thread since it's technically no longer a Porsche, it's a Ruf. But uh, I didn't think anyone would mind.

Sweet baby jesus... My cameraphone pics don't begin to do this car justice; it is stunning.

'84 318i - Lapisblau/Schwarz (in cryosleep)
      '06 330i - Titansilber/Schwarz

Comment

[ATTACH]86412[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]86413[/ATTACH]

Comment

Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
          The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

sports car digest baby!

every Thurs.....great site.
            I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Originally posted by kway View Post
              Yeah, so this stopped by the shop today...only one of my favorite cars of all time, '87 Ruf CTR. If we were to get into semantics it wouldn't qualify for this thread since it's technically no longer a Porsche, it's a Ruf. But uh, I didn't think anyone would mind.
              Looks like a Porsche to me.. Has a fugly whale tail to match.
              Originally posted by IRON-E
              Yeah, you're definitely a vw

Comment

Originally posted by kway View Post

Sweet baby jesus... My cameraphone pics don't begin to do this car justice; it is stunning.

Must pay the no front plate fine and take the 1 point on your license. Hate Mass's two plate lameness.
                https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Steelies are the place to be..

Click image for larger version

Name:	911+R+blue+68+steelies1228771550.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	7168680

Name:	1967_Porsche_911_Coupe_Rear_1.jpg
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	7168681

Name:	22400-1.jpg
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	7168682

Name:	images.jpeg
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	7168683

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                      Must pay the no front plate fine and take the 1 point on your license. Hate Mass's two plate lameness.
                      Trust me, he can afford it if they even bothered him in the first place. His stable includes a 959 and F40 among others. But yeah, two plate laws are annoying and pointless. I miss Florida. One plate, no emissions, no inspection, yeee haww!

Here's more info and the ebay ad from this particular car: http://www.gtspirit.com/2012/01/18/f...wbird-on-ebay/
                      '84 318i - Lapisblau/Schwarz (in cryosleep)
                      '06 330i - Titansilber/Schwarz

Comment

Need input!

Going to look at a late 70s 911SC and need to know what areas are prone to rust? Also, what are the main things i should be concerned with? It has a cracked dash and the fuel pump needs replacing. Im pretty excited about getting into my first porsche. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by 5ickride View Post
                          Need input!

Going to look at a late 70s 911SC and need to know what areas are prone to rust? Also, what are the main things i should be concerned with? It has a cracked dash and the fuel pump needs replacing. Im pretty excited about getting into my first porsche. Thanks

The cars were galvanized by then and don't really rust that bad unless exposed to road salt. Batteries will spill acid and rot the front pan from the inside out. Are you familiar with Bosch CIS fuel injection?

Broken head studs are common.

I highly recommend you have someone that knows what they are doing do a PPI on the car. The untrained eye can easily overlook many thousands of dollars in problems on a 911.

Are you going to doing the work on this car or paying a shop to maintain/repair it ?
                          Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                          The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
                            The cars were galvanized by then and don't really rust that bad unless exposed to road salt. Batteries will spill acid and rot the front pan from the inside out. Are you familiar with Bosch CIS fuel injection?

Broken head studs are common.

I highly recommend you have someone that knows what they are doing do a PPI on the car. The untrained eye can easily overlook many thousands of dollars in problems on a 911.

Are you going to doing the work on this car or paying a shop to maintain/repair it ?
                            Not familiar with CIS or much about 911's in general to be honest. Just love the looks and always wanted one. Ill be paying a shop to service it.

Comment

Im expecting a lot of pics from Monterey this weekend. My brother sent me some pics of 959s, and a 917, amongst other slantnoses and other cool stuff
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:
                              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Perhaps not the right thread to put this up but i figured i'd give it a shot.

Looking at buying my first 911 and went to see the car last night. Here are some pics:

As you can see, she's a bit rough. Previous owner repainted it (poorly) black over original cashmere beige color. It was a florida car so now its starting to flake all over, but no rust or body damage. the car has been sitting there for about a year and half after the fuel pump went. Current owner is an older gentlemen so he's just let it sit there this whole time. Interior is a bit rough but he has the missing door cards and trim. The rear seals leak water slightly. It's only got 79k miles. My question is this, is it within marketvalue on asking $17k for it?

Comment

Working...
                                X