Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleveland red light Camera Malfunctions

I searched before posting so sorry if this is repost

CLEVELAND -- One of Cleveland's red-light cameras went on the blink Tuesday at one of the city's busiest intersection, adding fuel to the fire for drivers who already don't like the cameras.
    The camera that malfunctioned is located at East 30th Street and Carnegie Avenue, and drivers are wondering if they will get a $100 ticket for doing nothing wrong.Thousands of motorists pass through the intersection every day, and most, if not all of them, were obeying the law when the camera took their picture, something the cameras are supposed to do when a motorist runs a red light.

But on Tuesday, even when the traffic light was green or at a complete standstill, the cameras still flashed.
    It got to the point where you could time the flash every 15 seconds, then every 10 seconds.

Fifteen minutes after NewsChannel5 contacts City Hall to alert them about the issue, a worker came out and apparently reset or shut the camera down. But now some drivers are wondering if the cameras malfunctioned Tuesday, how often do they malfunction?
    A City Hall representative said that no tickets will be issued for the malfunctioning camera. But write down Tuesday's date if you traveled East 30th and Carnegie and keep an eye on your mailbox.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

wow. that would suck. My aunt lives in florida and they have a few lights that have cameras. Its pretty bad sometimes. You have to make a choice of possibly getting rearended or take the chance of going throught the light and possibly getting a ticket.

Comment

but in florida it is red flagged and not allowed, IDK how some counties get away with it.

Comment

Are u can be like this guy

Article:
        Authorities have sent 37 speeding tickets to Dave Vontesmar, claiming he'd been captured each time by speed camera. Dave denies he's at fault, saying he doesn't resemble the monkey driver portrayed in camera images.

Comment

^He is here in Phoenix, he has gotten thousands in tickets in that mask.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

I hate those cameras there was a shitload of them in Phoenix everywhere.

00 Audi S4 2.7tt 6MT
            02 Audi S6 Avant 4.2

Comment

I love living where I do now, there isn't even a stoplight within 15 miles of me. I used to have 4 redlight cameras within 1000ft of my home.

Comment

Maybe people should learn how to drive appropriately.

By keeping a safe following distance, and NOT running lights.

driving should be a privilege not a right.

"I go slow, cause;Slow is smooth, and smooth is fast."

Comment

Originally posted by ThaiRacer View Post
                  but in florida it is red flagged and not allowed, IDK how some counties get away with it.
                  its in pasco county. at the interstate 19 and state road 52 light.

Comment

Originally posted by Trucidatio View Post

This thread is about failing technology, not driving properly.

If you like technology falsely giving tickets or think it actually makes the road safer why not create your own thread on that topic?

Here in Phoenix we have speed cameras (in some parts of the city) every mile.

People speed up & slow down making the road very dangerous.

I am all for save driving and things that enforce the rules but I submit more police officers would be better than these cameras.

Comment

Originally posted by Trucidatio View Post

wut?

Comment

Just saying that if people didnt fail so badly at driving these kind of technologies would not be needed.

We need to focus on fixing drivers inabilities rather than just making them pay for their mistakes

Comment

Irrelevant.

Comment

How is it irrelevant?

just saying a word doesn't mean your correct.

I believe it is relevant. Rather than states/cities focusing on new technologies, and increased law enforcement, we need to focus on improving peoples driving abilities
                            and creating safer roadways.

as I said driving should be a privilege not a right.

It should be much more difficult to be able to procure and maintain your license, than it is now. It seems that people nowadays can get away with anything, and receive a slap on the wrist.

This to me seems like a much better way to save lives, save money, and allow law enforcement to focus on more important things.

That way we dont have to rely on technology that has a tendency to fail
                            Last edited by Trucidatio; 10-25-2009, 11:54 AM. Reason: ninja edit

Comment

h0lmes?

Comment

Working...
                              X